Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

DAY SIX Options
greybeard
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 10:19:46 AM

Groups: Member

Byron Bay Bluesfest - My Ticketmaster Presale!

Bluesfest from Byron Bay will, for the first time ever, add DAY 6, the Anzac Day Holiday (26 April) to its Bluesfest 2011 musical adventure.

Bluesfest Day 6 will feature several stages with a big lineup of AMAZING international and local artists including Bob Dylan, Elvis Costello, Gurrumul, Paul Kelly, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Tim Finn, Tony Joe White, Eli Paperboy Reed, and The Mad Bastards – with more to come!

As a Ticketmaster member, you`re invited to SAVE 15% and purchase tickets to Day 6 before the general public! Be quick, this offer is strictly limited and sure to sell fast!

Remember to enter the code word FEST when purchasing tickets online throughout the presale period.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
gerardf
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 10:23:23 AM

They're also available from the Bluesfest page now and cheaper than Ticketmaster.

Don't you know there ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk
plubber
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 11:24:20 AM

Paul Kelly, Buffy, Tim Finn, etc .. I hope these artists will be appearing at some time during the 5 days of the fest.
timcook123
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:22:56 PM

so if i have a 5 day camping ticket and decide to buy a ticket for day six will i be able to stay the extra night and leave on the wednesday?
and if so will it be at an extra cost??

When you're lost in the rain in Juarez
And it's Eastertime too
And your gravity fails
And negativity don't pull you through
Don't put on any airs
When you're down on Rue Morgue Avenue
They got some hungry women there
And they really make a mess outta you.

B. Dylan
flipside
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:27:18 PM

Or does the 5 day admission & camping cover Tuseday?
fishfeeder
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:40:07 PM

No you need to get a ticket for the Tuesday and you will need to pay for camping for that day aswell if you plan on camping ofcourse.

You would think they would offer it as a huge discount for people who bought 5 day/camping MONTHS ago, Just shows they are trying to grab some extra cash seeing the Tuesday is a public holiday...... I rang and asked if they were donation part of the money for the extra day to the flood victims and NO they arn't either. so they wont be getting my hard earned...

Cheers and Its still a great festival !!!
colinsid
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 1:08:36 PM

Day 6 is not really an extra day but a standalone oone day festival day. My guess would be most 5 dayers will not go to this day. I know my friends & I won't be going as we will see all the artists during the normal 5 day festival.
As mentioned in a previous post this is similar to years ago when they had a seperate day for Ben harper & a few others.
bbcentral
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 2:57:00 PM

Is Eli Paperboy Reed playing any other days at Bluesfest?

I already have tickets for the first 5 days, but I fly back home to Adelaide on Tuesday afternoon, so I won't be able to go to Day 6.

But I've wanted to see Eli Paperboy Reed ever since I heard him on the Ghetto Funk Power Hour.

I searched through the first 2 artist announcements and can't find his name anywhere.

So does that mean I miss out? Or is he going to be added to a 3rd (4th?) Artist Announcement?

His official website only has tour dates until March.

Thanks

bbcentral
Senior Administrator
Blues Brothers Central
http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com
kellgall
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 7:46:00 PM

colinsid wrote:
Day 6 is not really an extra day but a standalone oone day festival day. My guess would be most 5 dayers will not go to this day. I know my friends & I won't be going as we will see all the artists during the normal 5 day festival.
As mentioned in a previous post this is similar to years ago when they had a seperate day for Ben harper & a few others.

Hi
Im a first timer and a five day ticket holder. Im just wanting confirmation that Gurrumul and Dylan will still be playing Sun/Mon as well as the additional 6th day. Thanks
Kellie
peggysav83
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 7:56:11 PM

They're still on the initial rough set lists. They'd want to still have Dylan on Monday, there would be a riot, he's the reason most people are going on Monday!!!

Love & Gravy xo
mgwfall
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 8:19:13 PM

greybeard wrote:

Byron Bay Bluesfest - My Ticketmaster Presale!

Bluesfest from Byron Bay will, for the first time ever, add DAY 6, the Anzac Day Holiday (26 April) to its Bluesfest 2011 musical adventure.

Just a minor point. Anzac Day (& the holiday for it) is Monday the 25th. Any parades, commemorations, remembrances will be held on this day.

The Tuesday extra Public Holiday is a substitute holiday for Easter Monday.

http://www.industrialrelations.nsw.gov.au/About_NSW_IR/Public_Holidays.html
plubber
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2011 9:05:17 AM

Little birdie has informed me that new artists announced for day 6 will not be appearing on any other day. Please tell me this is not so .. memories of the Ben Harper only day from several years back. Can you please let us know if this is true. It would be handy to know so a decision can be made to fork out for the extra day. Is the 3rd announcement coming soon? Cheers
nadiavenus
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2011 10:08:08 AM

As the sixth day was a late addition for this year, I feel it would have made more sense to only have repeat artists on this day, i.e. artists that have played throughout the five day festival. This seems a fairer system for everybody. I know that my husband and I bought the five day tickets because it guaranteed an opportunity to see every artist (even if some for half a set due to clashes etc, but this choice and opportunity was there). While I realise that I could 'simply' purchase the extra ticket (not so simple for some at $350 for ticket and camping per couple), I can't help but feel a little disappointed in the management of this. It could have been something really incredible... My husband even suggested making a realease of tickets NOT available to exisiting 5 day ticket holders (perhaps Saturday and Monday too) as it would mean that people that were unable to get Saturday, Monday and 5 day tickets a greater opportunity to secure this ticket and see some of those 'high demand' acts. Because that's what it's all about, isn't it? Supply and demand?

Of course, we still may purchase the extra ticket, and may have even if it was managed in the way I've suggest - sometimes one amazing concert experience just isn't enough...

Anyways, that's my vent. Please don't persecute me for it.
Andjel
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2011 1:16:09 PM

My Partner and I feel exactly the same as you "Nadia Venus" !!!!
The point of the 6th day should be for the people who have not been able to see any of the artists during the 5days as it is Sold OUT !!!
If any artists are only appearing on the 6th day it definately feels like we as 5 day holders are being punished for being too eager and not waiting .....
Wish the organisers would focus on keeping the committed 5 day pass holders happy !!!!!!
benjake
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2011 4:21:00 PM

buffys website says she is playing sunday and monday
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2011 10:49:05 PM

I bought a ticket to day six as soon as I spotted it on the website.

It's a no brainer.

I'm a music fanatic.

You pay $136 for a whole day of music.

That is a lot less than the $200 plus you pay to see a headline artist at a normal gig,let alone the cost of travel and board to see that one gig.

I never get to see everything I want to in five days at Bluesfest.

An extra day is an opportunity to see some more artists I haven't already seen,or to see more of what I like..

As for being sold out,to repeat myself,there is not one year that I could not have flown over without a five day ticket and picked one up after arrival.

There are always those who buy and then "change their mind".

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
Dan...
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 12:04:24 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
I bought a ticket to day six as soon as I spotted it on the website.

It's a no brainer.

I'm a music fanatic.

You pay $136 for a whole day of music.

That is a lot less than the $200 plus you pay to see a headline artist at a normal gig,let alone the cost of travel and board to see that one gig.

I never get to see everything I want to in five days at Bluesfest.

An extra day is an opportunity to see some more artists I haven't already seen,or to see more of what I like..

As for being sold out,to repeat myself,there is not one year that I could not have flown over without a five day ticket and picked one up after arrival.

There are always those who buy and then "change their mind".

That's really cool, Patrick. But you need to remember that not every 'music fanatic' is able to do the same. I know I can't.

The poster formerly known as Dan
richo
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 1:45:47 PM

Add in accommodation (Bluesfest is in a rural area and by its very nature relies on the vast majority travelling to the region), subtract intangibles (inferior sound quality, portaloos if they bother you, tripping over inconsiderate pricks' chairs in the dark etc.) and I don't think any festival is truly that much better value than individual shows. Even expensive major headliner shows always have sub-$100 tickets (a more accurate comparison given the average vantage point at Bluesfest) and will typically have several bands on the bill, often headliners in their own right. The rest of the average daily schedule at Bluesfest will seldom be made up of artists that charge more than $50-70 for their shows, and will almost always have another 2-3 artists on the bill with them. Your average Bluesfest day might cost in the area of $200 at individual shows...

I wouldn't argue for a second that Bluesfest isn't great for the amazing range of artists it brings out year after year. Or that it doesn't have an awesome vibe. I love festivals and I love intimate theatre shows (or entertainment centre shows with good seats), but I wouldn't be racing to say one's better than the other, or one is miraculously better value than another.

As for the 6th day... I thought it was going to be more of a standalone Dylan show. Obviously organisers are maximising potential by adding more artists to the bill that aren't appearing elsewhere to appeal to the existing ticketholders. That's understandable, though I think it could have been handled a lot more sensibly by offering a pro rata ticket to existing ticketholders or something.

Dylan's presence guaranteed I'd be there regardless so I'm not fussed either way personally...
Jaylee1
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 2:52:13 PM

As much as I'd love to be able to afford to buy an additional day's ticket, my meagre wage does not stretch this far.

I diligently save my pennies every year to buy the pre-early bird 5 day pass and patiently await the trickle of announcements

I have faithfully done this for the past 15 years

I will be seriously P%$#@ed off if those artists announced for the 6th day (which really shouldn't be called 6th day because it is not part of the festival - if it was part of the festival, it would be included in the festival ticket, but I digress)..... if the artists annonced for the stand alone day are not included on one of the festival days

I certainly hope that the organisers are not holding off until the stand alone day is sold out before making the final announcement - this would be too much, even for an old cynic like me

JT
oldbilly1
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 7:29:08 PM

Jaylee1 wrote:
As much as I'd love to be able to afford to buy an additional day's ticket, my meagre wage does not stretch this far.

I diligently save my pennies every year to buy the pre-early bird 5 day pass and patiently await the trickle of announcements

I have faithfully done this for the past 15 years

I will be seriously P%$#@ed off if those artists announced for the 6th day (which really shouldn't be called 6th day because it is not part of the festival - if it was part of the festival, it would be included in the festival ticket, but I digress)..... if the artists annonced for the stand alone day are not included on one of the festival days

I certainly hope that the organisers are not holding off until the stand alone day is sold out before making the final announcement - this would be too much, even for an old cynic like me

JT

some good points. likewise, I have no problem with the extra day, as long as it isn't leveraged too heavily against the 'core' fest. I do understand that getting artists of the calibre of dylan is costly and needs to be offset somehow. There is also undoubtably enough interest to sustain a more stand-alone gig, with dylan as the main feature, in the area.

The only issue for me would really develop if the extra day steers too much in the way of the 'greedfest' model where punters felt, rightly or wrongly, that the scheduling of the line-up was compromised in favour the bottom line. When you have a late '6th day' announcement, and some iconic artists such as Paul Kelly, start to pop up, I can understand how some fest-goers alarm bells would start to ring.

personally, I'm flying in and out of the country for the main gig and the extra day just pushes logistics, finances and job security too far. Am I happy with what's on offer so far? most definitely - its an extaordinary, world class line-up. Will i be annoyed if a couple of other decent artists are added to the extra day to boost ticket sales - a little, but not too much. Mind you, if another world class artist is added as an exclusive to the 6th day, then some of the shine would start to come off - maybe that is just me being greedy?