Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Next announcement? Options
donny20
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 8:24:25 AM
Groups: Member

Never going to get Black Country Communion,or any other ''hard rock/heavy type of stuff.Peter has publicly stated that his the only genre he won`t entertain.Wonder if it`s because the volume would be too loud and create too much crossover factor,or does he think it`s too aggressive.If` it`s the later,why then are we getting rap artists with their boring monotone rants about rape and killing other gang members etc.Stange.Grew up in the love and peace generation of the 60`s,can`t cop that rubbish.
mpember
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 9:04:35 AM

donny20 wrote:
Never going to get Black Country Communion,or any other ''hard rock/heavy type of stuff.Peter has publicly stated that his the only genre he won`t entertain.Wonder if it`s because the volume would be too loud and create too much crossover factor,or does he think it`s too aggressive.If` it`s the later,why then are we getting rap artists with their boring monotone rants about rape and killing other gang members etc.Stange.Grew up in the love and peace generation of the 60`s,can`t cop that rubbish.

Maybe the way to slip it in is to ask The Bronx to get booked as their Mariachi format, but perform as their their "normal" format.
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 7:37:56 PM

mpember wrote:
donny20 wrote:

Maybe the way to slip it in is to ask The Bronx to get booked as their Mariachi format, but perform as their their "normal" format.

Yet The Saboteurs can be pretty heavy. Some of Gary Clark jr's stuff edges into heavy blues rock........so there are some precedents.

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."
rstroud
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 7:49:53 PM

bonddm20020000
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 10:18:44 PM

donny20 wrote:
Never going to get Black Country Communion,or any other ''hard rock/heavy type of stuff.Peter has publicly stated that his the only genre he won`t entertain.Wonder if it`s because the volume would be too loud and create too much crossover factor,or does he think it`s too aggressive.

Couldn’t Black Country Communion almost fall under the banner of “Blues Rock”, though?
This track definitely fits that description.
Little Secret - Black Country Communion

They’re cutting a new album as we speak.
c0kebloke
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 4:21:04 AM

I know that the band Dropkick Murphys aren’t exactly metal more punk/post punk but when I saw them at bf they were heavy loud & fast……somehow I ended up in the middle of a mosh Pit???………& loved it!

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
bonddm20020000
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 6:51:11 PM

eileenk9
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 9:25:40 PM

There are a few on that I would actually like to see at Bluesfest Angel

andrewaw1230000
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 8:41:07 AM

Another announcement tomorrow
glenboss
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:13:41 PM

andrewaw1230000 wrote:
Another announcement tomorrow

where did you hear/read that ????
bucetti1
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:34:52 PM

Email last week. Mr Boss

When they go low-we go high.
mccin0000
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:59:52 PM

Given the lack of hype we could be looking at the local hacks announcement. I think their are enough Aussie bands on the list already. I tend to avoid Aussie/English acts during the festival. That guy Passanger was awful a couple of years back. Ed Sherrin type stuff.

Some good old southern boys would be great.

Or even the return of those weirdos from a few years ago that sung Constantinople etc.

Hopefully there are no local RSL regulars on the announcement. Some type of mega announcement is called for -“bang” catching us all off guard.
reader57
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 4:28:37 PM

It is about time we had the Boomerang Festival announcement. I spent a lot of time down that end last year.
glenboss
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 4:34:04 PM

bucetti1 wrote:
Email last week. Mr Boss

I feel cheated. I haven't received an email since before Christmas. If I had know there was an announcement tomorrow I would been all excited. They have made some wonderful announcements in January in previous years. John Fogerty, The Waterboys, Hozier, and a heap of other ones. Since they still have 20 or 30 to go there will be no shortage of quality acts being announced tomorrow.
bucetti1
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:09:56 PM

STEVEN SEAGAL.
Touring Australia February
I think there's every chance of the long and much anticipated bluesfest announcement.
He'll definitely stick around until April when he feels the love we have for him.

When they go low-we go high.
bonddm20020000
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:27:53 PM

bucetti1 wrote:
STEVEN SEAGAL.
I think there's every chance of the long and much anticipated bluesfest announcement.
He'll definitely stick around until April when he feels the love we have for him.

Particularly considering that - according to this forum - there are already at least half a dozen international acts touring here in Feb/March that are planning to sit it out in first-class accomodation, whilst waiting to play a single slot at Bluesfest!
mccin0000
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:42:16 PM

bucetti1 wrote:
STEVEN SEAGAL.

Bloody Legend - it’s time - I can’t believe it

https://www.stevenseagal.com.au

He’s here - will be at bluesfest 100%. Tomorrow he will be the main attraction. God bless bluesfest
BC1987
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 7:57:41 PM

after listening to his new album survivor blues, walter trout is my no. 1 as far as artists i want to see at this years festival & if he comes bluesfest admin i want a 2 hour set from this legend who in my opinion just dropped the best album that will be released this year.
zabadooba
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 8:54:17 PM

Did you miss me?
Walter Trout was one of the stars last time around. I'd be very happy for him to come back. It's criminal that 2018 was his first time at BF. Interested to see what tomorrow brings.
Although I've recently been unable to contribute to the forum I've still been regularly checking in as - odd as it may seem we are here because we're passionate about this thing. Despite an imminent announcement there has been a real lack of discussion here...a bit concerning that so close to the festival enthusiasm seems somewhat lacking.
Let's hope the announcement changes that...
zabadooba
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 7:19:25 AM

So the announcement is out and...nobody's saying anything?
My daughter's have both been telling me about six60 for a long time whilst accepting they're in their 20s and their taste generally befits their age I'll take a listen - although the fact my 7 yr old granddaughter likes them too doesn't raise my expectations lol
There's still room for some big names to be added (one hopes) and hopefully acts that fit into the bluesfest tradition of.. well..blues oriented