Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Next announcement? Options
barryjmoore
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:06:50 AM
Groups: Member

I don't know much about their music either but I'll check them out at Bluesfest next year. I'm guessing that these guys are probably in their mid 40's or thereabouts so in some ways that could be a welcome change from the "legends" of an older generation who seem to have been the headline acts on the two main stages on Monday night in recent years - Lionel Ritchie, Brian Wilson, Tom Jones, Paul Simon, John Fogerty, Bob Dylan and maybe even Elvis Costello (although he'd be a bit younger than the others). And one year Barry Gibb was to be the headline act on Monday night until his tour was cancelled.

I'm fine with this announcement and if I don't like what I hear, then in the time honoured Bluesfest tradition I'll just go to one of the other stages and listen to someone else. And some of the best performance I've seen at Bluesfest in recent years have been on the smaller stages on Monday night eg Rick Esrtrin and the Nightcats, Devon Allman Band, The California Honeydrops and Booker T Jones and the Stax Revue to name but a few which readily come to mind. So I'm looking forward to seeing these guys next year.
milkmeister
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:37:24 AM

My goodness some people are never happy! The Raconteurs are a great band (Broken Boy Soldiers is a superb album) and I've seen posts in the past asking for Jack White (a world renowned artist). Sometimes i get the feeling that BF could resurrect John & George and put the Beatles on stage and people would whinge.
spanner1
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 1:13:58 PM

.........and I thought it have been Englebert Humperdink who is touring in March. The nursing home tour I think. John Mayer who is touring around the time would be good to see again
mccin0000
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 2:03:10 PM

Surprised there are no Jazz fest posts today - big announcement, yeah it’s not Coldplay or Savage Garden or whoever else the kids listen to.

Its a good old fashioned World Class kick ass guitar act.

Most of those whinging will be home by Monday night if they attend at all.

Now it’s time to role out the reggae or rap acts. The wailers last year was nice but please please please not again - playing the legend 5 days in a row wears off after 2 years - time to get Damien back for Thurs night.
kielsteel
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:44:20 PM

Really happy with The Saboteurs announcement...
Maybe not a Major Headliner as advertised but they had to announce something to shift some focus.
A superb act, well done Bluesfest
glenboss
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 9:48:37 PM

I'm very happy. Many people have requested Jack White. We're just getting him in a slightly different format.
littlewillie
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 12:46:55 PM

Excellent announcement Bluesfest and totally unexpected!

Can't wait to see Jack and the boys rockiin' it.
humanracin
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2018 9:04:57 AM

Did anyone see this mornings email?

They're offering $30 tickets (3 day, 5 day) to every 30th order like a raffle from Boxing Day to NYE.
We will try for a 3 day as we can't afford to pay full price.
If we don't succeed we will just do the 1 day on Sunday.

There must be LOTS of tickets left to offer this?
mpember
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2018 9:58:53 AM

humanracin wrote:

Or.. few enough to remove the risk of anyone being the 30th customer. Think
bonddm20020000
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2018 9:59:16 AM

humanracin wrote:

Did anyone see this mornings email?

They're offering $30 tickets (3 day, 5 day) to every 30th order like a raffle from Boxing Day to NYE.
We will try for a 3 day as we can't afford to pay full price.
If we don't succeed we will just do the 1 day on Sunday.

I misread it and thought all tix were $30!

humanracin
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2018 3:17:38 PM

Anyone here lucky and got $30 tickets?

Have tried a few times with no success.
mpember
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2018 5:44:26 PM

humanracin wrote:
Anyone here lucky and got $30 tickets?

Have tried a few times with no success.

You pay full price and find out later if you were a "30th" purchase.

Quote:
Note: Every 30th purchase will be refunded between 7-18 January 2019.
davidabrown
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2018 9:50:39 AM

It's not a scam, it's a marketing strategy to encourage people who are thinking of buying a ticket but haven't yet, nothing more. I don't think it's aimed at people on the forum and calling every marketing campaign they run a scam will definitely result in the shutdown of the forum. Just my opinion call me a d### h### I don't care and I've been called worse.

You can never have too much Steel Guitar!
gertyson0000
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2018 1:02:33 PM

Getting $700 tix for $30. Who falls for that? Clearly there’s small print and in this case it wasn’t so small. The real scammers are the betting websites - if taking up online gambling in 2019 always read the small print with the promotions.

2018 was the year of getting squanshed by those trixsters in these agencies!
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2018 2:58:48 PM
Groups: Administration

I have better things to do with my vacation than to go through and delete disrespectful and obnoxious posts. For this
Reason those posters Have been given long suspensions and their posts have been deleted, in the case of one, again for at least the fourth time.
Should they continue to use the Forum in this manner, the next suspension will be permanent.
Thanks to everyone else
For your contributions.
eileenk9
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2018 10:22:45 AM

Still very grateful for the $235 in cash I received at the Bluesfest ticket office after going in the Share the Love Cash Reward campaign they had for this year's Bluesfest. All I had to do was copy and paste a link and share it on my social media accounts, then every time someone clicked on the link and bought tickets I was paid for it.

Drool
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2018 1:17:00 PM

eileenk9 wrote:
Still very grateful for the $235 in cash I received at the Bluesfest ticket office after going in the Share the Love Cash Reward campaign they had for this year's Bluesfest. All I had to do was copy and paste a link and share it on my social media accounts, then every time someone clicked on the link and bought tickets I was paid for it.

Drool

I wonder if they would honour mine from last year.....totally forgot to go to the gate and ask for it (was only 30 something $'s).

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."
eileenk9
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2018 3:29:49 PM

andrewfuller620000 wrote:
eileenk9 wrote:

Drool

I wonder if they would honour mine from last year.....totally forgot to go to the gate and ask for it (was only 30 something $'s).

I'd ring the Bluesfest office next week and ask... They probably still have the envelope with your name on it full of unclaimed cash somewhere.
BC1987
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2019 2:45:38 PM

with the new year here i'm hoping its not too much longer before we get the next announcement, if i could get any of as the crow flies, black country communion or dead & company i would be quite pleased... i doubt any will appear this year though, but i think there is a slight chance of as the crow flies as marcus king is already playing so will wait & see what happens.
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2019 3:42:30 PM

I am already (more or less) sated with Marcus King, Gary Clark jr, Larkin Poe, Kurt Vile, Samantha Fish, MSO, Hussy Hicks and Ray LaMontagne. However.............if we could just get All Them Witches and Joanne Shaw Taylor, it would certainly be a nice cherry on top of that little pile for me. Heavenly in fact!!

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."