Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Beware of scammers when looking for tickets... Options
natasha_story
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 1:09:01 AM
Groups: Member

Hi there,

I feel I need to let people know about my experience trying to buy camping tickets. As far as I can tell, I have been scammed by a person calling themselves "Jenny N Jay" on Facebook. She posted on the Bluesfest Facebook wall offering up 2 5 day Festival and Camping tickets for sale. I was only looking for camping tickets, and she agreed to sell on their own. After initially offering me a local pick-up in Nelson Bay NSW (which I couldn't do as I'm in Melbourne) we organised for her to send them to me registered and express post. I agreed to pay her half the cost ($225) when she (supposedly) sent them in the mail, with the intention of paying her the other half when the tickets arrived. Frustratingly, they never did, and I realised that after I transferred the money to her that she had disappeared off facebook. I now don't believe she was a real person (or even a she??) and it sadly seems that I have been scammed. I'm pretty embarrassed about it but I really felt I had to warn people about this so others don't lose money like I did!

Anyway, so if somebody offers up tickets to you with bank details like these:

Jennifer Tran & J. Burns
ANZ BANK
BSB 014596
ACCOUNT 369399699

...then watch out!

Thanks for reading and hope you have more luck than I did!
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 6:55:48 AM
Groups: Administration

Camping IS available at Belongil fields and other camping areas in Byron Bay.
These are connected to the festival by Blanch's Busses
Details are on our website.
We at Bluesfest are sorry you have had this experience, and can only warn EVERYONE, to take every precaution when buying tickets from any re-seller source.
BBoard Admin
Dan...
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 8:33:09 AM

natasha_story wrote:
Hi there,

I feel I need to let people know about my experience trying to buy camping tickets. As far as I can tell, I have been scammed by a person calling themselves "Jenny N Jay" on Facebook. She posted on the Bluesfest Facebook wall offering up 2 5 day Festival and Camping tickets for sale. I was only looking for camping tickets, and she agreed to sell on their own. After initially offering me a local pick-up in Nelson Bay NSW (which I couldn't do as I'm in Melbourne) we organised for her to send them to me registered and express post. I agreed to pay her half the cost ($225) when she (supposedly) sent them in the mail, with the intention of paying her the other half when the tickets arrived. Frustratingly, they never did, and I realised that after I transferred the money to her that she had disappeared off facebook. I now don't believe she was a real person (or even a she??) and it sadly seems that I have been scammed. I'm pretty embarrassed about it but I really felt I had to warn people about this so others don't lose money like I did!

Anyway, so if somebody offers up tickets to you with bank details like these:

Jennifer Tran & J. Burns
ANZ BANK
BSB 014596
ACCOUNT 369399699

...then watch out!

Thanks for reading and hope you have more luck than I did!

hold on to all email/facebook correspondence you had with this person. it will not be hard for authorities to track them (whether or not they will have the time to do so is another matter, of course).

The poster formerly known as Dan
MascaraHero
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 11:06:26 AM

I too fell for the same person with the same bank account details.
They said their name was 'Jessica Bines' and I purchased a non existent soundwave ticket from them last Friday.
We looked up their bsb and their account is located at ANZ Helensvale at Westfield Shopping Centre.
We have gone to the police and filed a report and getting the fraud squad onto it.
I suggest you go to the police about it, they will have a bigger incentive to get this person! Make sure you let them know that they've done this to lots of people so the files can be linked up.
They've scammed at least 4 others on the soundwave ticket exchange.
natasha_story
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 5:44:30 PM

Thanks for the info, MascaraHero. I'll definitely get on to the police about it. It sounds like this scammer is operating on a bigger scale than I thought...
beazley01
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2011 1:55:46 PM

Natasha,

Did not get an email from you, we have been having outages due to bad weather in NT - I have 2 x 5 day festival and camping tickets availalbe as we can no longer attend.

Email me on bonddwn@bigpond.net.au or call 041 8833 561

chris
mpember
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2011 4:49:59 PM

I know someone who is looking for tickets without camping. Are you willing/able to split them up?