Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Latest Announcement Options
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 7:01:48 AM

Groups: Member

One very happy and contented customer here. Everything from this point on is a bonus.

Marcus King, Nathaniel Rateliff, Fantastic Negrito, Iggy, Imelda May and MSO...all gonna be floatin' my boat, that's for sure.

Ticket, camping and flights all paid for. Bring on Easter!!

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."
zabadooba
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 7:20:42 AM

Building nicely
Iggy, Marcus King, Norah Jones, Imelda May, MSO.
Wow - all class acts.
andrewaw1230000
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 7:23:02 AM

Iggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BC1987
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 8:09:13 AM

i have been wanting marcus king to play bluesfest ever since i first heard him & his wonderful band back in september of 2015 & now that they are coming to bluesfest i am one happy ticket holder. looks like a great lineup so far with many more great names to come.
eileenk9
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 8:22:44 AM

IGGY POP!!!

Thank you Bluesfest!

Applause Drool
zabadooba
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 9:32:39 AM

I'm kind of bemused by the number of people saying they are not impressed with the lineup so far - bemoaning a lack of big name headliners (mostly on the Facebook page tbh - which it appears I'm still banned from commenting on lol - come on admin really?).
Take a look at the lineup and bear in mind this is still progressing.
I fully expect Peter will announce a couple of 'big names' late in the day that will excite the casual possible bluesfest attendee. Certainly for me it has never been a 'headliner' that attracts me but the overall mix and so far this is developing very nicely.
I'm locked in (as usual), excited by what is announced so far and anticipating more to come. I think there's significant names yet to be announced but it will be late in the day and some will be kicking themselves then as there might not be tickets available.
bambambam
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:04:16 AM

I skipped last year (because of the commonwealth games) and with this announcement I’m buying tickets friday.

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 11:10:23 AM

BC1987 wrote:
i have been wanting marcus king to play bluesfest ever since i first heard him & his wonderful band back in september of 2015 & now that they are coming to bluesfest i am one happy ticket holder. looks like a great lineup so far with many more great names to come.

Yep, my sentiments exactly!! Have been waiting (not so quietly) for Marcus King, and now we get him for three performances, which means that the expected clashes won't be quite so bothersome now. My Great White/Black/Green/Yellow/non-colour identifying/etc/etc Hope has come through.

Quite happy with what I am pencilling in already. Anything else from here is a bonus.

bambambam
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:46:15 PM

andrewfuller620000 wrote:
BC1987 wrote:

Yep, my sentiments exactly!! Have been waiting (not so quietly) for Marcus King, and now we get him for three performances, which means that the expected clashes won't be quite so bothersome now. My Great White/Black/Green/Yellow/non-colour identifying/etc/etc Hope has come through.

Quite happy with what I am pencilling in already. Anything else from here is a bonus.

Wow, this guy and the whole band are incredible, This why I love this forum, getting a heads up on something like this is priceless and another example of Bluesfest touring up an artist at the beginning of a mega career.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdhifaP5664

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
festivalfreak
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2018 3:39:53 AM

This announcement is the most exciting for me so far. Iggy Pop and Fantastic Negrito coming back is excellent news. Thanks Bluesfest!
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2018 7:34:18 AM

festivalfreak wrote:
This announcement is the most exciting for me so far. Iggy Pop and Fantastic Negrito coming back is excellent news. Thanks Bluesfest!

Glad to hear somebody else is glad that Fantastic Negrito is back this year. He (and band) was a highlight for me back in 2016.

humanracin
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2018 2:57:36 PM

IGGY is a fantastic addition!

I only wish he were playing Monday or Saturday.

Definitely want to do the Sunday and David Gray is on Monday, but my body and my bank is stretched at a 3 day pass so looks like I'll miss out on Mr Gray.
festivalfreak
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2018 4:19:55 AM

festivalfreak wrote:

Glad to hear somebody else is glad that Fantastic Negrito is back this year. He (and band) was a highlight for me back in 2016.

Yes, definitely! He only drew a pretty small crowd in 2016 really. Hope more folks discover them this time. The Last Days of Oakland is such a good album.
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2018 8:50:21 AM

festivalfreak wrote:
festivalfreak wrote:

Yes, definitely! He only drew a pretty small crowd in 2016 really. Hope more folks discover them this time. The Last Days of Oakland is such a good album.

From memory he played 3 times I think, and the crowds got bigger and more appreciative as he went (I assume word got round over time). His performances were really good...such a dynamic and passionate entertainer.

glenboss
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2018 7:28:03 PM

festivalfreak wrote:
festivalfreak wrote:

From memory he played 3 times I think, and the crowds got bigger and more appreciative as he went (I assume word got round over time). His performances were really good...such a dynamic and passionate entertainer.

I seem to remember it being fairly packed when I saw him and I think I saw the first show because I can distinctly remember hearing one of his songs in the distance when we went back to our tent to get something at some stage. Really enjoyed the show and will certainly be back for more next Bluesfest.

I just had a look. Turns out he played 4 times that year so I could have seen him any of the first 3 times. Doesn't really matter which time I saw him, it was well worth it !!!!
festivalfreak
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 5:37:29 AM

glenboss wrote:
festivalfreak wrote:
festivalfreak wrote:

I seem to remember it being fairly packed when I saw him and I think I saw the first show because I can distinctly remember hearing one of his songs in the distance when we went back to our tent to get something at some stage. Really enjoyed the show and will certainly be back for more next Bluesfest.

I just had a look. Turns out he played 4 times that year so I could have seen him any of the first 3 times. Doesn't really matter which time I saw him, it was well worth it !!!!

We ended up along to three of the Fantastic Negrito sets. Missed Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats as one of those times was when we had planned to get along to them I think - so glad they're coming back too. Heard they were very good?
rayc
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:00:55 PM

I am sure AIR SUPPLY is coming. They play in Brisbane right after BluesFest. So the connection is clear. :)
humanracin
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 6:04:10 PM

Does anyone know roughly how many acts are left to add to the lineup ?

And how many of those will likely be international acts ?

donny20
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2018 11:55:45 AM

Air Supply .Can we get any further from the blues,you`re kidding.
repete
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2018 5:12:16 PM

donny20 wrote:
Air Supply .Can we get any further from the blues,you`re kidding.

You're right there Donny, but he was taking the p*ss....it gets like that at this time of year. Laughs!!

Hangin' out on Frenchmen