Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

James Valentine of 702 radio having a rant on singers & clappers at concerts - discuss! Options
mgwfall
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 11:29:57 AM
Groups: Member

mccin0000
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 12:01:32 PM

This blokes a wanker. It’s no wonder Australian music is largely ignored on a worldwide stage when people are discouraged from even singing along at gigs. This plonker obviously hasn’t been to Bluesfest - where crowd interaction is a large part of the experience. I’d encourage people not to click on the link and give this guy any acknowledgement- he’s simply an antisocial tosser.
repete
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:39:45 PM

One of the most moving experiences I have ever had was at Anita Baker's show at jazzfest this year when the largely African-American audience started singing Sweet Love before Anita had sung a note. It was incredibly beautiful and she was moved to tears.
The one thing that really cheeses me off are chattering f*ckwits. It is not only extremely irritating but hugely disrespectful to the artist. There is a special place reserved in hell for them....grrrrrrr.

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
mccin0000
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 2:17:13 PM

Blue mountains folk fest or any gig up the mountains! - that happy clapper community are NSW’s answer to the crowd you were in at Jazzfest.

As for chatterers go to a Opera House courtyard gig. Crowds are normally made up of people that have never been to a gig before, they will be standing there eating pizza and chatting about Botox. It’s staggering how shit those crowds really are.

Then there’s the too cool to express joy emotion/ reaction type crowd in Syfdney. Moody kids that grew up to be annoying pricks like the guy in the link.

It’s a sign of mental slavery being afraid to express yourself. I love it when folks lose their shit at gigs singing around me. There’s less joy in the world every day as parasites like that guy try to suck the life out of the good people of Australia.

Chuck him in the same pit in Hades as the chatterers!!
mccin0000
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:50:30 AM

Live music in Sydney is dead. What a shock when patrons are encouraged to stay at home by snowflakes like that catty prat who have a tanty and a cry when people sing along.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/nsw-loses-mantle-as-biggest-live-performance-industry-to-victoria-20181024-p50bko.html

At least we have the Sydney festival to look forward too. More drag acts and camp 80’s acts that no one was ever interested in the first place.

Don’t buy your tickets now wait till they are 80% off due to lack of interest much like all the shows last year.

Another pile of shi to look forward to.
Sydney Festival 2019 Music Lineup “Highlights”

Ben Frost
Bridge Of Dreams
Camille O’Sullivan
Jonathan Bree
Julia Holter
La Passion de Simone
Le Gateau Chocolat
Les Filles de Illighadad
Lucibela
Mulatu Astatke