Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Flying solo.. First time to Blues fest!! Options
ljenner780000
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2018 12:33:12 PM

Groups: Member

Hi,

I have just bought a five day ticket with camping, This will be my first year and at this point have no one to go with!! I am a 40 year old female music lover.. would love to meet up with anyone who is in the same boat!. Will be coming from Brissy
reader57
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2018 3:06:24 PM

I am very sorry, my dear, but I am not a 40 year old female music lover. Not even the same ocean let alone boat. However, I am sure you will have a great time!!
musomanoman0000
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2018 7:05:10 PM

Hi,
Good to see others doing the same. Im a 50 year old male from W.A. flying solo and getting excited about this ! Ill be buying a 5 day ticket with camping shortly. Have wanted to go for years! I have friends near Byron, but want to stay onsite for the whole 5 days and soak up the atmosphere.Gonna get me a campervan from Brissy, bring my acoustic, and bliss out . Music is my passion... and Im looking forward to meeting some likeminded folk!
bambambam
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 10:36:37 PM

Jenner, You’ll have a great time camping at the festival. Everyone is really friendly but after walking around all day you crash pretty hard at night. I reccomend showering before bed as it saves the morning rush hour. Its great fun to catch a bus to Byron from the campground but go early and come back before 1.00 pm so you don’t miss too much. The coffee house in front of crossroads is a great place to rest up and you can see the screens from there. Police and sniffer dogs regulary patrol the site so wonder weed is definately off the menu. Bring some comfy slip on boots (Like Redbacks) but you can do the site most days in sandals. You will hear some great muso’s occasionally strumming in the campground but try to avoid the all night mobs of loud talking singing acoustic guitar tryhards. The security staff are usually pretty patient but people can and do get evicted if they drive everyone batty, especially after midnight. The quality of artists and musicanship at this festival is unlike any other festival in Australia. You can get exhausted just watching them “Going Off” Try to catch Mavis Staples as she is a legend. Give bands a chance to get warmed up as sometimes they hit their prime halfway through the set and you may be walking away from something amazing (done that plenty of times) Anyway, have a great Bluesfest :)

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
deapeasea0000
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 3:30:25 PM

sounds cool
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 3:32:48 PM
Groups: Administration

Wise words Bam Bam “
rayc
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2018 6:25:33 AM

Hiya, this will be my 4th Bluesfest in 2019. I used to come all the way from Dubai until this year, as I have moved to MEL now. Camping at Festival you will definitely make friends, as you would during the festival or near the drink stalls. I even meet repeat festival visitors who I met in the past. Overall great fun, but there is hardly anytime to do anything else but listen to the great bands and artist over 6-10 hours with just a little time to squeeze-in a meal, line up at "Meet the Artists" or the Drink stalls. Most people are there to have a wonderful time so you will be in a great place with happy faces, albeit it gets very towards the end of the day with all those walking between the stages. The food pavilion across Crossroads is huge and is very well organized. You can carry a small camp chair if you like to rest. Do expect sudden rains, which makes part of the festival grounds very mucky hence carry the water gumboots & a raincoat. The grounds and camp sites are improving year after year with more firmer surfaces with less rainsoaked mud. Overall great 5-days of fun. Good thing about staying at the camp grounds is you dont have to queue up for the Bus ride to the city when the day's gigs end, unless you get out early to head to the city for an afterparty at City Centre. Huge choice for Meals, snacks and drinks. Many other attractions too. Believe me, you will need the sleep at the end of the day, as it gets tiring. Very many artist play on 2 or 3 days at different timings so you can schedule them accordingly in order not to miss the main ones you like. Any artist you dont know, download the BLUESFEST APP on your Smartphone and you can review the artists, hears a few songs vis youtube link and then also work out your Schedule planner. Hopefully we will meet up somewhere at the festival for a drink. I carry a Nikon with long lens and a Pod-Stand always and being an Indian, very identifiable LoL..Cheers!!