Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Any soloers want to camp together?? Options
glennmareesmith0000
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2018 1:49:28 PM
Groups: Member

I've just come home from a few years living the UK. While there, I got a ticket to Glastonbury and was completely terrified at the thought of going to such a big festival solo. I found a group of people who were in the same position and we decided to camp together. What we initially thought was just going to be a familiar face around camp to say hello to turned into lifelong friends, amazing memories and an unforgettable festival experience. The group started with 26 people the first year, and grew to 130 in just the third year. What worked about it is that you could be solo, do what you want and see who you want to see, but there was also the option of hanging out with someone too and seeing a set with another hardcore fan, or even just a coffee in the morning around the camp.
I've done Bluesfest solo before, but now having expeienced the beauty and wonder of doing a festival with strangers who quickly become friends, I'd love to do it again, here at home. If anyone is interested or want to know more, don't be shy, send me a message. We're all in it for the same reasons, and that's the music, the vibes and the good times :)
greybeard
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2018 8:08:58 AM

Groups: Member

Hi
A very good idea, BUT TO
Any soloers want to camp together??
To camp together remember at Bluesfest you are directed to your area on arrival -
so your group either needs to arrive at the same time or those arriving separately need to share
others tent/tents
Also the groups needs the same tickets ie: 5 day ticket, single day ticket, or 3 day ticket ( 3 different day groups)
Complications that need to be considered - good luck.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.