Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Don’t bow to the pressure Options
donny20
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2018 2:14:44 PM
Groups: Member

Good solid line up,first off.Hope to see some more guitar players,besides the great Tommy.Also love to see some more 60`s and 70`s legends.
littlewillie
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2018 3:02:36 PM

donny20 wrote:
Good solid line up,first off.Hope to see some more guitar players,besides the great Tommy.Also love to see some more 60`s and 70`s legends.

Ditto!
Aussiecroc
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2018 11:07:23 AM

Wonderful response on Facebook Peter! Well done!

Love Bluesfest, love the lineups, love the music, love the diversity, love it all.

Keep up the great work!
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 8:40:55 PM

Yep....it is inevitable that not every year will be everybody's "favourite" year, but there is great quality and diversity in every lineup......and there is nothing surer than that.

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."
littlewillie
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 8:58:37 PM

Just read the story on ABC news website. I think Peter nailed it.

Pathetic whingers on facebook not knowing the full story.
skot20_58
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 5:28:01 AM

littlewillie wrote:
Just read the story on ABC news website. I think Peter nailed it.

Pathetic whingers on facebook not knowing the full story.

100% agreed. They are so stupid they more than likely think that is the only announcement. It’s a shame really because it really gives them zero credibility in how they act and conduct business. They are just whining and that’s coming from me the biggest whiner!!!!!

I’m also getting tired of the ABC giving air time to these types of people they are pushing dangerous ideology. I’m a huge fan of the ABC but they are just asking for the liberals to shut them down further. What a truly gluttonous age we live in.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
Flegal08
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 12:14:10 PM

I would have thought that intelligent people would wait to see the complete line-up before having a crack.

If at the end you have a problem with the final line-up then feel free to voice an opinion.
However just as Harry said "opinions are like assholes everyone has one".

We much prefer to let the people who run the best music festival put together the line-up. As they have being doing for 30 successful years.
glenboss
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 1:26:14 PM

Flegal08 wrote:
I would have thought that intelligent people would wait to see the complete line-up before having a crack.

If at the end you have a problem with the final line-up then feel free to voice an opinion.

We much prefer to let the people who run the best music festival put together the line-up. As they have being doing for 30 successful years.

I think we are in safe hands as well.

Wouldn't it burst your bubble though. The excitement and pride of putting out a wonderful announcement like that and having some person come along with nothing other than a negative put down one liner. I think it probably says more about the person making the statement than anything else but who knows, perhaps she was just having a truly terrible day that day.

One of the things I love about Bluesfest is buying my ticket 12 months in advance, not having the foggiest about who will be announced, and knowing full well I'm not going to be disappointed.

Glenboss

bonddm20020000
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 2:20:57 PM

glenboss wrote:
Flegal08 wrote:

Wouldn't it burst your bubble though. The excitement and pride of putting out a wonderful announcement like that and having some person come along with nothing other than a negative put down one liner. I think it probably says more about the person making the statement than anything else but who knows, perhaps she was just having a truly terrible day that day.

Do you think the “negative put down one liner” you refer to deserved this kind of response?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-07/bluesfest-apologises-over-social-media-nazi-slur/10083460
eileenk9
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 2:45:36 PM

A couple of people are still complaining about the lack of females on the Bluesfest Facebook Event page. I don't get it... it's only the first announcement which means there will be many more to come.

skot20_58
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 5:29:34 PM

bonddm20020000 wrote:
glenboss wrote:
Flegal08 wrote:

Do you think the “negative put down one liner” you refer to deserved this kind of response?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-07/bluesfest-apologises-over-social-media-nazi-slur/10083460

Normally I agree with everything you post. This time I think the response from peter is just. Listen out are pushing ideology Bluesfest are pushing a music festival.

Dear Skot,
bonddm20020000
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 5:42:10 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
bonddm20020000 wrote:
glenboss wrote:
Flegal08 wrote:

Normally I agree with everything you post. This time I think the response from peter is just. Listen out are pushing ideology Bluesfest are pushing a music festival.

I’m not referring to LISTEN; I’m referring to the Jewish woman who received an over the top response after posting on Bluesfest’s Facebook Page. She has nothing to do with them.
skot20_58
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 5:58:38 PM

bonddm20020000 wrote:
skot20_58 wrote:
bonddm20020000 wrote:
glenboss wrote:
Flegal08 wrote:

I’m not referring to Listen Out; I’m referring to the Jewish woman who received an over the top response after posting on Bluesfest’s Facebook Page. She has nothing to do with them.

Yea I dunno hey. The chick on Facebook looks pretty well off doesn’t look real stressed. She’s not running a giant music festival. Peter always looks stressed AF maybe it got to him. She’s a grandchild of a survivor. Nazi shit is horrible but getting offended by someone’s comments on Facebook is pretty lame. This whole argument is based on no facts. It’s only the first announcement and there’s always a lot of women on the bill. It’s clear that people that are bagging the festival over gender just haven’t done their homework. If I where Peter I simply would not have responded at all because the stuff they are saying is just not true in the bigger picture. But I don’t know what’s it’s like at the top.

Dear Skot,
mccin0000
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 6:07:36 PM

bonddm20020000 wrote:
glenboss wrote:
Flegal08 wrote:

So its ok for her to troll the festival (in no way could her comment be read as respectful or constructive). Peter called it as he saw it and the attacker the plays the victim and gets buy in from... well no one really.

She’s still a troll regardless of who her great grandparents were. He said sorry, she didn’t, she’s got no class final score : 2-1 to Peter.

Listen are simply a shower of idiots and don’t deserve comment.
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 6:16:32 PM

eileenk9 wrote:
A couple of people are still complaining about the lack of females on the Bluesfest Facebook Event page. I don't get it... it's only the first announcement which means there will be many more to come.

Plenty of trolls out there who will see this as the perfect opportunity to stir the pot for no other reason than to aggravate others, Eileen. Probably best ignored now, as they will be doing it almost certainly for the attention they crave.

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."
mpember
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 7:54:24 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
Nazi shit is horrible but getting offended by someone’s comments on Facebook is pretty lame.

Does that mean you think Peter's taking offense at her comment is "lame"?

skot20_58 wrote:
This whole argument is based on no facts.

The comment is based on the high proportion of males in the first announcement. Are you saying that the first announcement is a fake?

skot20_58 wrote:
It’s only the first announcement and there’s always a lot of women on the bill.

And BF have either been unable to lock them in for 2019, or considered them secondary to the acts announced in the first announcement. Whether this was intentional or not, BF are now faced with a lose/lose scenario. If their next announcement is female-heavy, it will be seen by some as reactive. If it is a similarly male-centric announcement, the attacks will continue.

skot20_58 wrote:
It’s clear that people that are bagging the festival over gender just haven’t done their homework.

Peter's 'apology' contained the following lines:
"There’s less choices of female acts from booking agents and managers for people like me to book."
"But to do that you have to really go out there and find female acts, because they’re not coming to me
through their agents and managers at a level that the male ones are."

Meanwhile, many female artists who could easily have slotted into a BF lineup appear to have opted for touring on their own. Some, like Dallas Frasca, have even started their own festivals. Sometimes a half-empty tent at BF is seen as a less-desirable option than filling a pub with people who paid just to see you.

skot20_58 wrote:
If I where Peter I simply would not have responded at all because the stuff they are saying is just not true in the bigger picture.

That didn't stop you from starting this very thread, nor making disparaging comments about the women that Peter suggested was "an under or underemployed white privileged nobody", and you appear to have judged just as quickly.

For anyone wanting 'do their own homework', and gain a greater understanding of the way women are treated in the Australian music industry, check out https://www.hersoundherstory.com/

Since the doco has been years in the making, it should not be dismissed for being released in the aftermath of the #metoo movement. And since we know how much you all love projects that are self-funded, the filmmakers have put their own money on the line to bring these stories to the screen.
mccin0000
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 10:21:30 PM

mpember wrote:
skot20_58 wrote:
Nazi shit is horrible but getting offended by someone’s comments on Facebook is pretty lame.

skot20_58 wrote:

The comment is based on the high proportion of males in the first announcement. Are you saying that the first announcement is a fake?

skot20_58 wrote:

And BF have either been unable to lock them in for 2019, or considered them secondary to the acts announced in the first announcement. Whether this was intentional or not, BF are now faced with a lose/lose scenario. If their next announcement is female-heavy, it will be seen by some as reactive. If it is a similarly male-centric announcement, the attacks will continue.

skot20_58 wrote:
It’s clear that people that are bagging the festival over gender just haven’t done their homework.

"There’s less choices of female acts from booking agents and managers for people like me to book."
"But to do that you have to really go out there and find female acts, because they’re not coming to me

Meanwhile, many female artists who could easily have slotted into a BF lineup appear to have opted for touring on their own. Some, like Dallas Frasca, have even started their own festivals. Sometimes a half-empty tent at BF is seen as a less-desirable option than filling a pub with people who paid just to see you.

skot20_58 wrote:
If I where Peter I simply would not have responded at all because the stuff they are saying is just not true in the bigger picture.

That didn't stop you from starting this very thread, nor making disparaging comments about the women that Peter suggested was "an under or underemployed white privileged nobody", and you appear to have judged just as quickly.

For anyone wanting 'do their own homework', and gain a greater understanding of the way women are treated in the Australian music industry, check out https://www.hersoundherstory.com/

Since the doco has been years in the making, it should not be dismissed for being released in the aftermath of the #metoo movement. And since we know how much you all love projects that are self-funded, the filmmakers have put their own money on the line to bring these stories to the screen.

Speaking of trolls......
skot20_58
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2018 5:04:38 AM

mpember wrote:
skot20_58 wrote:

skot20_58 wrote:

skot20_58 wrote:

skot20_58 wrote:

skot20_58 wrote:

I will take a few words from your response. Yes they need to book their own shows and start their own festivals. People will go or they won’t. Seems a bit strange they are wanting to play a sausage fest run by sausages. They’ve made it clear Bluesfest is the enemy so they can F off and conquer the world with out any “male centric festival” “girls can do anything” “girl power” “no mansplaning” Leave Bluesfest alone leave it how it is. I wanna see the best acts in the world and I get to and have seen a whole lot over the 16 years I’ve attended.

I also might add that it seems the girls to the front movement is gaining a lot of momentum with sane folks realising every day that hey girls are just as good as men at a lot of things. But crap like listen out slow the whole thing up because it’s such a pissy way to get attention.

Dear Skot,
glenboss
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2018 9:15:56 AM

bonddm20020000 wrote:
glenboss wrote:
Flegal08 wrote:

Dear bonddm20020000, No I don’t think it was an appropriate reply but I’m not going to condemn the man for making it. We all make inappropriate comments from time to time. In fact I was suspended once from this forum for making inappropriate comments (in my defense misguided humour however……). I did say that perhaps the lady who started this may have just been having a terrible day hence the negative put down one liner. I’ll give Peter the same benefit of doubt that I gave her. I can also understand Peter Noble’s reaction in that there has probably been a year of planning and hard work that went into this announcement and Bluesfest has a lot riding on it. Perhaps the comment simply “burst Peter’s bubble” at the wrong time. As far as I’m concerned Peter Noble and the team at Bluesfest have always showed an honorable decent and upfront attitude and I’m not going to crucify him or them for 1 slip. I’m also a great believer in if an apology is warranted then unreservedly make that apology. That is exactly what Peter has done. For me that is the end of the story.

I’ll repeat what I said. I think that Bluesfest is in safe hands.

Regards Bluesfest
mccin0000
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2018 9:29:07 AM

At this present moment in time the biggest tours currently in Australia are Katy Perry, Pink and Celine Dion. Let’s call a spade a spade, all this rubbish is simply fake news, full stop. If people want to see you - they will pay to see you regardless of sex or orientation.