Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Bluesfest Emails Options
mrbono18
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 11:13:47 AM
Groups: Member

Is it just me or does anyone get sick of these constant emails telling us the festival will sell out and to buy now? Surely if it was going to sell out so easily they wouldn’t need these annoying emails? It’s like the festival is a rug store and is forever closing down, so be quick!

A few years back I unsubscribed, but I rejoined a bit over a year ago, and things seemed better. But now it’s the same used car salesmen stuff, what do you reckon just unsubscribe again? I love the festival but hate these recent emails.

Don’t get me started on the text messages. Been going since 2009 (didn’t know about it before then), and will always go, but just done with the regular hard sell.
humanracin
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 2:46:21 PM

I just don't see how these emails actually work.

I just ignore them.

There will always be people who buy early regardless of lineup... and then there are those like me who prefer to wait and see some of the lineup before making a decision.
mrbono18
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 4:50:08 PM

Yeah, it’s pretty odd. To me the biggest selling point is the lineup, not too impressed by being harassed with urgent “buy now” emails myself, still tossing up whether to unsubscribe again.
skot20_58
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 5:38:01 PM

mrbono18 wrote:
Yeah, it’s pretty odd. To me the biggest selling point is the lineup, not too impressed by being harassed with urgent “buy now” emails myself, still tossing up whether to unsubscribe again.

They have always come from a defensive place. They are always defending something someone. Maybe they fear people are going to loose interest? Defending the ticket sales through email.

I love the emails personally. Gets me more excited. Best festival in Australia!!!!!!

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
mrbono18
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 6:21:02 PM

Yeah I like the ones about artists, goings on etc.

Just despise the hard sell, there’s nothing to defend, best festival on earth!
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 7:10:18 PM

Today I sent 60 emails,and received 81,19 of which are still in my inbox and 62 of which are deleted.
Total 141.And today was not busy.
Music emails come in.I open them,have a quick look,decide whether I want to read them or not.
If not they are deleted.
Bluesfest send a very minor number of emails.
Let's talk about the positive..All the fantastic acts they have booked over the years.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
glenboss
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 11:44:59 PM

For all of us, Bluesfest is just this absolutely wonderful 5 days of “getting away from it all” by losing ourselves in a sea of brilliant music, different foods, great friends, heaps of fun, laid back camping, and more brilliant music.

For Bluesfest it’s a serious multi million dollar business and if they don’t get those ticket sales then it might not be long before we stop getting our absolutely wonderful 5 days.

Every business has a scale of economy and festivals would be no different. All of their profit would come in the top 10-15% (or whatever their figure is ??) of total ticket sales. If they drop 10% in sales then that 10% is pure profit they’re losing. So I don’t begrudge them their selling emails. They’re trying to sell tickets. Profit is not a dirty word – It is a guarantee that we will continue to enjoy Bluesfest.

Anyway, I enjoy getting the emails. Gives me a hit. For those that don’t like them why not just delete them.

Regards Glenboss
eileenk9
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:47:57 PM

I like the emails because without them I would never have known that the limited open single day tickets were on sale. So I bought mine and am all ready for the big 30th next year.

Anxious
humanracin
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 3:32:02 PM

yeah I just delete them if its just about tickets this early on.
But I love getting the ones with music news and interviews etc.
So I wouldn't unsubscribe just because they are trying to sell their wares.
I get much more annoying emails from other sources.
mrbono18
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 6:25:30 PM

Fair. I think I’ll unsub anyway. My inbox is a clean place, and I’ve got Facebook etc as a badgering ground. Good to hear everyone’s views team!
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 7:32:06 PM

For all sorts of other reasons (artist announcements mostly), they are worthwhile having. Just delete them once read. Buy your tickets at the previous festival and the other worry about whether they are going up in price or are limited & nearly sold out becomes irrelevant.

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."