Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Price increase Options
reader57
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 3:01:28 PM
Groups: Member

skot20_58 wrote:

If they offered an E Ticket option at the festival I would probably buy one. I can’t be trusted looking after a cardboard ticket for 12 months 😅

I agree. I would have to put it in a bank or something.

However, if you could quote your membership (?) info when you purchased the ticket at the festival, then it could go onto your account as a purchase. Problem solved!!
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 3:39:54 PM

reader57 wrote:
skot20_58 wrote:

If they offered an E Ticket option at the festival I would probably buy one. I can’t be trusted looking after a cardboard ticket for 12 months 😅

However, if you could quote your membership (?) info when you purchased the ticket at the festival, then it could go onto your account as a purchase. Problem solved!!

Yep....you wouldn't think that in this day of the super abacus that that would be too hard to do.

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."
mckellar4
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 5:32:58 PM

In 2017 Bluesfest had the 5 day for $375 to attendee's for two weeks after Easter but this was reduced to 6 days this year. I got mine then and paid by Debit Card not Credit Card but missed this year as I had not checked my emails early enough. Will get a $485 one this week I suppose.Not much consistancy with things changing every year.
glenboss
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:10:46 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
barryjmoore wrote:
IJB wrote:
My experience was the same as reported by alisonmccall. I had bought tickets for my wife and myself for 2018 (our 15th successive year attending the festival), but I did not receive an e-mail or SMS with the promo code for the $425 tickets for 2019. I bought two tickets for 2019 at $485 each at the first opportunity that was presented to me to purchase (there was no option to purchase via the members section of the website when I initially returned home from the festival), so it was a little disappointing to learn that I could have saved $120 if I had received the promo e-mail (which seems to only have gone to certain patrons).

We had bought cardboard tickets for 2018 (purchased during the 2017 festival). Would that perhaps be why we didn't get the promo off for the 2019 tickets? i.e. Did the promo code only go to those who had bought e-tickets for the previous year?

Anyhow, I agree with others that $485 still represents decent value for 5 days of a great festival, it's just a bit of a hollow feeling to learn our previous support wasn't recognised in this instance.

I've been buying my tickets at Bluesfest for the following year every year since this system was first introduced.

I remember I used to pay by credit card until a processing fee/surcharge was added. Since then I pay by cash at the ticket office as soon as I arrive at Bluesfest on the last day. So I've always had the old fashioned cardboard tickets, not e-tickets. The only electronic part of the transaction is the receipt which is sent by email.

With the benefit of hindsight it now seems rather curious that on consecutive days Bluesfest emailed me a receipt for purchase of tickets for 2019 and then an offer to purchase tickets (and relevant promo code) for 2019 at the super early bird price of $425. This is the first time I can recall this offer being extended beyond the last day of Bluesfest.

Hope this hasn't Muddied the Waters too much.

Barry

I had to phone the Bluesfest office on the Tuesday before Bluesfest this year (and I was heading off the following day) because I couldn't change the names on my tickets in their website on the Monday night. The man who answered the phone checked my details and told me that I had purchased actual tickets at the previous festival. I told him "no I didn't" and he said "yes you did". I assured him I hadn't because I had absolutely no memories of ever getting actual hard copy tickets. He told me to have a good look at home, So I thought to myself "Oh shit". So I got home that night and looked where I had hidden something else one other time and there they were !!!!! Seriously, no memories of ever having them and no memories of having put them in a safe place.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2018 4:18:30 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
What pisses me off is wage growth in this country is 0% but yet big business keep putting their prices up. We’ve gotta stay competitive...... but at what cost??

But Skot I thought you had entered into the world of self employment and bought a butcher shop.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2018 4:20:45 PM

humanracin wrote:

I'm not boycotting Bluesfest in particular, I've been going to festivals for at least 25 years and they're starting to lose their appeal in general.
I prefer the intimacy of concerts these days and won't miss big pushy crowds.
Just my personal taste now but I hope you have a great year next year.
I'll still be supporting Bluesfest by seeing some of their Bluesfest presents shows.

Fair enough.If I lived in or about Sydney or Melbourne I most likely would do the same.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
skot20_58
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2018 7:02:42 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
skot20_58 wrote:
What pisses me off is wage growth in this country is 0% but yet big business keep putting their prices up. We’ve gotta stay competitive...... but at what cost??

But Skot I thought you had entered into the world of self employment and bought a butcher shop.

It was a small cafe. That fell through I’m now in the environmental sector.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
Flegal08
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018 3:49:59 PM

At least you are in a growth industry!!!
freexone
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018 5:55:48 PM

Got my ticket on Monday..I think its still a fair price

And I must say I was extremely impressed and must congratulate the highly visible anti drug operations this year.
With multiple detection dogs with their jack booted handlers deployed near the cloak room, it was a tour de force of effective policing.
And someone said he had been told by a bloke who looked like he knew about these things that all the drug dealers were so fearful of being busted, they left all that sort of stuff outside in the car.
Also I must mention the free un-chilled water. It must have cost a fortune to provide us with that luxury. The temperature was carefully monitored so that it was never more or less than aprox. 70 degrees at any time.
mccin0000
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2018 9:55:39 AM

reader57 wrote:
skot20_58 wrote:

I lost my hard early bird - realised when I got off the plane. I went to the counter and explained my mistake to the ladies and they were amazing I was in the door in 5 seconds flat! Super helpful all you have to do is be nice.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2018 2:12:13 PM

mccin0000 wrote:
I lost my hard early bird - realised when I got off the plane. I went to the counter and explained my mistake to the ladies and they were amazing I was in the door in 5 seconds flat! Super helpful all you have to do is be nice.

Correct,and I have had the same experience on two occasions.
Be nice to all the officials at Bluesfest and they will be nice to you.
2018 was a particularly "be nice" year.
Except...Do not try to be nice to security dogs..Their handlers want them to remain at arms length.Familiarity with the public does not assist with that.