Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Price increase Options
groovq
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 12:13:33 PM
Groups: Member

Quite a big increase in ticket price for next year for us campers. Then Add VIP

Then the rumoured second tier VIP and it’s getting up there.

Thanks again for VIP Staff though. Top notch. Thank goodness for those couches!

skot20_58
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 5:24:07 PM

I almost brought tickets to next year but $685 is to steep. Yep it works out cheap but I had to camp in 10 inches of mud for the entire festival. We asked a guy wearing hi vis if we could move but was told in these exact words f!@k up or f!@k off home. Pretty appalling so bluesfest can suck it for a few years.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
Flegal08
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 5:28:01 PM

As usual we bought our tickets for next year. The price increase for early bird tickets was okay by us.

Still cheap in our eyes.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 5:40:21 PM

A $50 increase must mean more $ to be spent on artists next year.
That can only be a good thing.
Cost me $185NZ to see one Grace Jones gig so $425AU is cheap for a Festival.
Backpackers 7 nights @ $30AU = $210AU.
Air fares $600NZ return[Taxes are $145NZ of the fare].
Rental Car $220AU for 7 days & Fuel $70 AU.
Not a big outlay in total.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
groovq
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 6:30:05 PM

There doesn’t seem to be a buddy package so that’s an extra $100 per person... unless my post festival math is off.
skot20_58
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 6:49:39 PM

groovq wrote:
There doesn’t seem to be a buddy package so that’s an extra $100 per person... unless my post festival math is off.

Correct. I hope everyone enjoys the 30th anniversary. Bluesfest has built it up already so you can expect a world exclusive announcement that jack Johnson will be heading lining exclusively for one exclusive set exclusively for people in the front row exclusive seats.

This years bluesfest was my 14th and the best yet for me personally very comfortable in fact extremely comfortable. The mud at the campsite and the poor planning on the beverages running out on Sunday night was the only issues really. There’s no excuse sack who ever is doing the ordering it’s not rocket science. It happens every year lift ya game. The food was great the staff in all areas where great. Crowd was great security where so bloody nice. I even got a chance to eat 2 doughnuts.

Shame the crowd numbers where so low this year. Can’t imagine the diva on Friday night is going to help future ticket sales. The best thing in her sets was the parts where she wasn’t playing between songs. And also the end when she stopped.

Dear Skot,
groovq
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 6:53:29 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
I almost brought tickets to next year but $685 is to steep. Yep it works out cheap but I had to camp in 10 inches of mud for the entire festival. We asked a guy wearing hi vis if we could move but was told in these exact words f!@k up or f!@k off home. Pretty appalling so bluesfest can suck it for a few years.

That’s not good at all.
walking around Wednesday towards the juke joint end was pretty bad to start with.
I noticed Zone 6 and closer to the tipi village were not too bad. (And it’s quiet!)

I’m not sure if you’re allowed to choose which zone you want if you get in early but it’d be good if you could.

If I decide to go next year it will be in the tipis for sure. A great, relaxed experience.

eileenk9
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2018 8:50:22 AM

I bet you're at the 30th, skot ;)

Still hoping that Eddie Vedder will appear as a solo act at Bluesfest one year. He's too busy touring with Pearl Jam this year but I think his calendar is free for 2019. Ben Harper, Glen Hansard, Jack Johnson (Eddie's mates) would be great too ... they could all jam together. Come on Mr Noble! :)

This year was my 10th Bluesfest and I finally got to eat one of those organic doughnuts I've been seeing everyone line up for. As luck would have it, as I walked into the venue on Sunday arvo the doughnut stand was quiet so I jumped at the opportunity. It sure was yummy.

I enjoyed the lower crowd numbers this year ... last year was a nightmare especially during Santana.

dissent
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2018 9:19:51 AM

How busy was it this year? I kept getting messages sent to me right up to when bluesfest was running offering me cheap deals.... I assumed that numbers must be down this year somewhat.
skot20_58
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2018 9:52:10 AM

dissent wrote:
How busy was it this year? I kept getting messages sent to me right up to when bluesfest was running offering me cheap deals.... I assumed that numbers must be down this year somewhat.

Quiet most days except Sunday. People want the big names Sunday had those. Sheryl Crow came sprinting out of the blocks and played 3 big hits strait up. It’s how festival sets should go. Lionel put me to sleep straight up. This years music was slow in a lot of ways. Lauryn Hill was an absolute disgrace.

Dear Skot,
mccin0000
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2018 11:46:39 AM

The sign on the door Sunday said sold out. Friday must have been close too with Robert Plant. Monday is always comfortable. Thurs was pretty busy remember the headliner did pull out and the local act that took her place was also playing on sat. Sat was still pretty busy.

I gave up after 1 min of Lionel I’m deaf and the sound was too low. Franti pulled a huge crowd in a head to head v Lionel which was a big surprise. He played a fair bit of his rockier stuff. Would love to see him get angry again!!

There was lots of variety for standard punters with drinks with a few new bars. I’m just confused how Lauren hill wins a head to head over Robert Plant and I love her stuff - granted it was a lifetime ago now. Acts like that will always get mixed reviews. Grace Jones was late to stage a few years back she heard the jeers and told the crowd to STFU. She won me over there and then....

I expect the price increase will be for DMB’s return next year as we are due!!
mccin0000
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2018 11:46:40 AM

The sign on the door Sunday said sold out. Friday must have been close too with Robert Plant. Monday is always comfortable. Thurs was pretty busy remember the headliner did pull out and the local act that took her place was also playing on sat. Sat was still pretty busy.

I gave up after 1 min of Lionel I’m deaf and the sound was too low. Franti pulled a huge crowd in a head to head v Lionel which was a big surprise. He played a fair bit of his rockier stuff. Would love to see him get angry again!!

There was lots of variety for standard punters with drinks with a few new bars. I’m just confused how Lauren hill wins a head to head over Robert Plant and I love her stuff - granted it was a lifetime ago now. Acts like that will always get mixed reviews. Grace Jones was late to stage a few years back she heard the jeers and told the crowd to STFU. She won me over there and then....

I expect the price increase will be for DMB’s return next year as we are due!!
barryjmoore
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2018 10:27:31 PM

My impression is that it was a smaller crowd than recent years but then I spent most of the time at Jambalaya, Delta and Juke Joint. I only went to Crossroads on Thursday night for Gov't Mule and the Original Blues Brothers Band and then to Mojo on Monday night to see Lionel Ritchie for about 20 minutes after Chain finished at Delta and before Dumpstaphunk started at Juke Joint. The smaller crowd certainly made it easier to get around the site.

By making Thursday and Monday the nights I stayed until the last act finished I avoided any delay getting out of the car park. On the other three nights I left part way through the last act and once again experienced no delay in getting out of the car park. This certainly enhanced my enjoyment of Bluesfest especially as I have a 50 minute drive to Crystal Creek (west of Murwillumbah) mostly on winding roads and through the Burringbar Range. I've learned the hard way in the past that being stuck in the car park for an hour or two puts a downer on the enjoyment of a day at Bluesfest.

I've already bought my ticket for next year and it's still great value at $425 for 5 days.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2018 9:56:41 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
Lauryn Hill was an absolute disgrace.

I watched the Turntable thing for a while,got bored & left,
Came back later on to see the actual artist & got bored & left.
Headed to the Wailers where you know what you are going to get.
There had been three girls smoking ciggies & gyrating around at Lauryn.
Appeared to be big fans.
But when I looked around,they had also migrated to the Wailers.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2018 10:04:38 PM

In terms of my personal interest in the 2018 lineup,which for me was way below 2017,I thought the crowd numbers were surprisingly good.
Headliners on 3 of the nights would be the material factor in this.
Had 2 post 2 am exits from the carpark,which is a sign of good size crowds.
As for ticket prices,as your receipt demonstrates,the $425 is GST inclusive.
Bluesfest has to pass on $38.64 to ATO.
And keeps $386.36 which is the exclusive price.

eileenk9
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2018 8:06:44 AM

Speaking of prices I would like to thank Bluesfest for the sum of $234 in cash which was handed to me at the Box Office window which was for the Share the Love Bluesdeal Promotion. You had to post a banner on your social media accounts which was offering 15 percent off tickets to anyone who clicked on the link. Whenever anyone clicked on the link and bought tickets you earned cash. Very grateful and thank you. :)

humanracin
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2018 9:35:46 AM

We had fun at the last 2 Bluesfests.
But I don't think we'll be returning next year with prices rising even more.

Also didn't have as good an experience with the new front row seating.
Seems like the festival is heading into a more corporate area, good luck to them I guess.

I'll still be popping in here to check out future lineups and will catch some sideshows in Sydney most likely.

Hope you all enjoy next year.
skot20_58
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2018 12:32:24 PM

humanracin wrote:

Seems like the festival is heading into a more corporate area, good luck to them I guess.

I'll still be popping in here to check out future lineups and will catch some sideshows in Sydney most likely.

What pisses me off is wage growth in this country is 0% but yet big business keep putting their prices up. We’ve gotta stay competitive...... but at what cost??

Dear Skot,
littlewillie
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2018 2:31:42 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
humanracin wrote:

What pisses me off is wage growth in this country is 0% but yet big business keep putting their prices up. We’ve gotta stay competitive...... but at what cost??

The aussie $ has dropped in recent months in relation to the American greenback so obviously it's costing more to bring these guys over. Still bloody good value I reckon.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2018 3:34:10 PM

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/events/ROBERTPL18/venues/RTP/performances/EPCE2018704X/tickets
Um Ok boycott Bluesfest & see sideshows.
What do single tickets to sideshows cost.
The link to Sunday's Robert Plant show in Perth gives a clue.