Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Security Options
Kowalksi
Posted: Sunday, April 01, 2018 7:57:17 PM
Groups: Member

As always Bluesfest staff have been wonderful, far better than any other festival staff i have encountered. Positive, friendly, helpful. I just witnessed at around 7.30 on Sunday night a guy around 20 run and tackle a security guard on the road leading out of the south gate. I don't know why, I didnt see. What I did see was the security do an appropriate restraintof this attacker on the ground while a female guard came over to support. They were doing their job and they did it well with full respect to this presumably intoxicated toad. Toad threatened while on the ground to get a lawyer. Go for it toad.
What I found appalling though was the crowd response- "get off him hes just a kid", "leave him alone you thug " and so on. They were doing their job and not with excessive force. I believe in standing up against meathead aggressive bouncers but the crowd just went straight to the anti security mode.
Just wanted to say good job security. Handled with professionalism and dignity.
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2018 12:20:26 AM
Groups: Administration

Thank you.....
Posts like your are really appreciated
Cheers
barryjmoore
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2018 10:05:38 AM

I also happened to witness the incident referred to by Kowalski. I must have been passing by a little earlier because I saw the young male mentioned in his post crash tackle another young male into the side of a parked car. The security guard went to assist the guy who'd been crash tackled and then the first guy turned on him. That's why the security guard had to restrain him. The security guard was in a vulnerable position because he had his back to the crowd. I also heard those comments from some members of the crowd and was concerned that the situation could escalate if anyone else got involved. So I stood behind the security guard and loudly told passers by that the situation was under control and no one else should get involved. Fortunately no one did and we all moved on when more security guards arrived. I totally agree that the security guards acted professionally and appropriately and I commend them for their restraint in a difficult situation and in the face of provocative comments from some ill informed members of the crowd. This situation could easily have escalated into something much more serious if it had been handled differently.
c0kebloke
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2018 11:23:37 AM

Only saw 1 person tacked just out of Delta.
Saw I guy start to run & he was quick but 2 female cops were on him before he knew it.
The bigger of the 2 cops went round the waist & the smaller up high..they should be playing first grade in the footy.
Just after 2 male colleagues arrive & the guy was frogmarched away still struggling.
Last I saw of him was arm up behind the back & a face full of gravel.

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
zabadooba
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2018 1:34:26 PM

In my several years of coming to BF I've never seen anything but exemplary behaviour and attitude from the staff in general.
Fortunately the dickhead quota in the crowds is usually low and whenever security have to intervene it's been efficient and professional
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 7:22:46 PM

Fully agree......we found the security to be very courteous and friendly.

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."
skot20_58
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 7:46:17 PM

security where amazingly friendly and polite in the campers entrance. Really makes the festival.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 5:52:31 PM

Liked the Uniform..Otago Colours.
Thought they were a step up in quality from the previous black dressed crew.
I had more confidence in there being able to deal with out of it people.
And you would not know if they were off their heads unless you had a close encounter.
We were in the North Carpark about 2.15 am waiting to leave & a guy was looking for his car.
Asked us for a loan of our phone.
We do not have one.
He wanted to ring his mates who had taken off with his car.
Offered to give him a ride to his location..Ocean Shores.
He said he would not be able to direct us there.
I told him I knew where it was & it was on our way home.
So he wandered off.
About 2.30 am we got to the junction & there he was.
I told him to hop in & he did,and said that he was now off to the South Carpark.
I told him that we were heading north & that he would be best to walk there,so he hoped out again.
Who knows whether his mates were still there & I thought a young guy like him would have had a phone,but he was out of it,so may have lost it.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
bucetti1
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 6:58:27 PM

As somebody who works in security
, I have been heartened by the positive posts.
It's not easy- believe me.
I too watch the security with a critical eye.
No complaints whatsoever.

When they go low-we go high.
mccin0000
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 10:16:14 PM

Saw a lady in an armlock being carted out of Franti on the Monday night a few mins into the start of the gig. Would have been interesting to know what she did - my guess was a spot of old fashioned robbing. The bloke chucking her looked to be an undercover cop.... anyone see what she did? The lads on the gates were great.