Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Smoking In Tent? Options
kungfool
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 2:50:49 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/5/2008
Posts: 123
Points: 305
Will someone be policing this?
The people who ignore this are usually ignorant overseas backpackers.
Almost punched one out last year.
It's dangerous when you are down the front and it's tight and some drunk or drugged idiot
is coming close to burning you.
Maccain09
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:54:46 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/12/2009
Posts: 831
Points: -1,814
Location: Palmerston,
Violence has no place at the festival. Some international artists have commented that it enhances their preformance. Id rather be next to someone smoking than some belligerent drunkard wearing a flouro tee shirt and a headband screaming his head off. these are the ones that need policing. A no flouro tee shirt policy should be enforced, their should be no compromise on this: immediate refusal of entry.
colinsid
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:36:20 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/22/2008
Posts: 390
Points: 799
Location: Here
In the words of Ben Harper
"If you don't like my fire don't come around because I am going to burn one down" (key music)
Maccain09
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:23:36 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/12/2009
Posts: 831
Points: -1,814
Location: Palmerston,
Amen
kungfool
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:27:45 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/5/2008
Posts: 123
Points: 305
I think you have missed the point.
There are no smoking signs in the tents. These "smokers" show no respect
for the majority of non smokers. I have nothing against smokers but they at least
should do it where there is air space, and not where it is tight.
Artists who smoke do not have to be sardined down the front.
I would rather have a drunken idiot falling about than a smoker lighting up
and coming close to burning all in their vicinity.
cutercomputer
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:15:11 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/15/2009
Posts: 187
Points: -48,439
Location: New Zealand
colinsid wrote:
In the words of Ben Harper
"If you don't like my fire don't come around because I am going to burn one down" (key music)


Wow that was bizzare, I'm listening to the short snippets of this years artists that are on the site as I read this....and just as I read "key music" on came "Burn One Down"..... (key music for Twilight Zone)

“Of all noises, I think music is the least disagreeable.”
Samuel Johnson
timcook123
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:05:51 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/21/2010
Posts: 959
Points: 1,293
Location: Umina Beach. Central Coast NSW
Maccain09 wrote:
Violence has no place at the festival. Some international artists have commented that it enhances their preformance. Id rather be next to someone smoking than some belligerent drunkard wearing a flouro tee shirt and a headband screaming his head off. these are the ones that need policing. A no flouro tee shirt policy should be enforced, their should be no compromise on this: immediate refusal of entry.


haha no flouros theres gonna be thousands mate!
i wont be one of em but

When you're lost in the rain in Juarez
And it's Eastertime too
And your gravity fails
And negativity don't pull you through
Don't put on any airs
When you're down on Rue Morgue Avenue
They got some hungry women there
And they really make a mess outta you.

B. Dylan
littlewillie
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 4:39:59 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/20/2008
Posts: 638
Points: 1,868
cutercomputer wrote:
colinsid wrote:
In the words of Ben Harper
"If you don't like my fire don't come around because I am going to burn one down" (key music)


Wow that was bizzare, I'm listening to the short snippets of this years artists that are on the site as I read this....and just as I read "key music" on came "Burn One Down"..... (key music for Twilight Zone)


ditto, I must say it was a little spooky.

Have to agree with kungfool though, I don't miss the smoky smell in the clothes and hair at the end of the night, but there are some selfish tobacco junkies who insist on ruining the air quality around them and in doing so annoying the people in the general vicinity. To the ones who go outside the tents I say good on you ,to the ones who don't please show some R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
This page was generated in 0.110 seconds.