Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Have a good Bluesfest everyone !!!! Options
glenboss
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 10:17:59 AM
Groups: Member

Have a good Bluesfest everyone. This one's going to be a beauty. I'll be on the road at 8 tomorrow morning.

Regards Glenboss

What time do the gates open on Thursday ?
zabadooba
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 2:08:12 PM

Driving down over 3 days from North Queensland ahead of the rain with an anticipatory mixtape for company. Its sure to mess up my planned schedule
nelson7007
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 5:39:46 PM

glenboss wrote:
Have a good Bluesfest everyone. This one's going to be a beauty. I'll be on the road at 8 tomorrow morning.

Regards Glenboss

Gates open Thursday 2pm. First act 2.30.

mgwfall
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 6:31:49 PM

nelson7007 wrote:
glenboss wrote:

Regards Glenboss

Gates open Thursday 2pm. First act 2.30.

Maybe, with what they say in the latest email about all the searches to get in (seems like a big upgrade on previous years & I now know why people bring young kids to the festival, all the contraband in the kid trolleys!), open the gates more than 1/2 hr before the first act?

It reads very unBluesfest, the friendly festival.

Not camping, so preparing for all day, temp changes, rain etc, would find it difficult not to take in a bag.

mgwfall
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 6:36:21 PM

First act now at 3pm
pod2006
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:09:50 PM

am I showing my age if i Say it'll be singlet weather for those cooler nights? Lucky there's so much funk and dance music to ward off the mozzies and cooler air.
reddragon
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 10:57:26 PM

Yes, You too. Safe journeys everyone.
eileenk9
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:40:19 AM

pod2006 wrote:
am I showing my age if i Say it'll be singlet weather for those cooler nights? Lucky there's so much funk and dance music to ward off the mozzies and cooler air.

Current forecast says 27 during the day and 21 at night so I doubt you'll need to wear a singlet. :)

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/northern-rivers/tyagarah

regards
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 12:48:08 PM

I stayed at a mates place nearby last night and it was mild evening.

I am catching up with some friends on site as we speak, and it not too soggy and it has been drying out nicely the last couple of hours.

If you stick to the main walkways there will no problem if it stays like this.
nelson7007
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 4:23:30 PM

mgwfall wrote:
First act now at 3pm

Apologies. Was relying on Bluesfest app which still has first act at 2.30pm

Flegal08
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 5:37:48 PM

Safe journey everyone. Heading down early tomorrow.
Traffic from Brisbane to Gold Coast could be difficult all festival.

Anyway staying in Ballina for the duration and can't wait, as usual.
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:48:19 PM

The way things are going I’m not sure I’ll even make it as I put the order in for a mobility scooter for Tuesday but it didn’t arrive so organised it for today & it still didn’t turn up.
No ones answering the phone so left a message on their mobile & an online form.
Wish me luck!

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
jandjhill0000
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:59:43 PM

c0kebloke wrote:
The way things are going I’m not sure I’ll even make it as I put the order in for a mobility scooter for Tuesday but it didn’t arrive so organised it for today & it still didn’t turn up.
Wish me luck!

No good Coke. Is that through the Fest or from someone in Byron? Yell out if you need a little help from your friends........
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 8:23:57 PM

jandjhill0000 wrote:
c0kebloke wrote:
Wish me luck!

No good Coke. Is that through the Fest or from someone in Byron? Yell out if you need a little help from your friends........

Only help I could think of is hire a wheelchair & pusher but don’t expect someone to do that.

I tried calling but I’m thinking they all got together to ban scooters from bf (scooters don’t like the wet or mud)
When I asked bout the scooter they all asked is it for Bluesfest?
Got a firm no! from all & one was just outright rude so found a place just out of ballina (Alstonville) & they assured me they would do it but didn’t ask if it was for bf.

Left an online message & phone message so hope to hear back tomorrow.
Only other option is from a mob I’ve dealt with before but they weren’t keen but told me to ring back as I’ve dealt with them a few times ……seems his still getting the mud out of one I hired 2 years back.

Yeah, yeah, yeah

jandjhill0000
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 8:39:19 PM

c0kebloke wrote:
jandjhill0000 wrote:
c0kebloke wrote:
Wish me luck!

Only help I could think of is hire a wheelchair & pusher but don’t expect someone to do that.

I tried calling but I’m thinking they all got together to ban scooters from bf (scooters don’t like the wet or mud)
Got a firm no! from all & one was just outright rude so found a place just out of ballina (Alstonville) & they assured me they would do it but didn’t ask if it was for bf.

Only other option is from a mob I’ve dealt with before but they weren’t keen but told me to ring back as I’ve dealt with them a few times ……seems his still getting the mud out of one I hired 2 years back.

Yeah right. So don't the Fest supply them at all? It's 2018! Yell out Coke, maybe the dogs might not like a pusher but happy to help. I can believe the mud in the tyres story but they need a little flexibility. Hope to see you there.
mccin0000
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:07:18 PM

jandjhill0000 wrote:
c0kebloke wrote:
jandjhill0000 wrote:
c0kebloke wrote:
Wish me luck!

Yeah right. So don't the Fest supply them at all? It's 2018! Yell out Coke, maybe the dogs might not like a pusher but happy to help. I can believe the mud in the tyres story but they need a little flexibility. Hope to see you there.

Mate I think that anyone that posts here will be keeping an eye out and will be ready to give you a push or shout you a drink if your stuck. Poor old Harvey had some health issues this year and can’t make it (not sure if it was his testicles or heart or basic will to live) we’ll be keeping the eyes peeled! Keep us posted on your wheelchair scooter status - give it a crack.
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 11:52:58 PM

mccin0000 wrote:
jandjhill0000 wrote:
c0kebloke wrote:
jandjhill0000 wrote:
c0kebloke wrote:
Wish me luck!

Mate I think that anyone that posts here will be keeping an eye out and will be ready to give you a push or shout you a drink if your stuck. Poor old Harvey had some health issues this year and can’t make it (not sure if it was his testicles or heart or basic will to live) we’ll be keeping the eyes peeled! Keep us posted on your wheelchair scooter status - give it a crack.

Just got back from the rails (drowning my sorrows)
Last time I got a wheelchair was way back with mate that lived in Byron & they had 1 left @ the local hospital if things don’t turn out with the scooter I may have to see if they can help out. … but still not keen on putting it on to others as I’ve already been looked after by waffles (that was a bloody shambles @ the Gold Coast airport) but then again a mate took me round narooma a couple of times & was impressed with my choice of tents & artists …told me after he was going to do it regardless but if it weren’t for me he would have missed some great music.
He & his other half have made a deal with me you choose the music we take & if we’re lucky get the good seats @ the disabled viewing areas - works out good for all of us.

Yeah, yeah, yeah

waffles
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:31:17 AM

keep in touch if you need a hand coke. luckily some tents have a run of good acts,so you might not have to move too much.
but you just gotta get there.
was going to check you yesterday after work but a major accident gridlocked traffic on ewingsdale road.
give us a call if you need help.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
c0kebloke
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2018 9:22:18 AM

waffles wrote:
keep in touch if you need a hand coke. luckily some tents have a run of good acts,so you might not have to move too much.
but you just gotta get there.
was going to check you yesterday after work but a major accident gridlocked traffic on ewingsdale road.
give us a call if you need help.

Thanks mate.
Looks like things have come good as they are on the way with the scooter right now.
Still not sure why they didn't turn up yesterday but I'm happy I'm getting it.

Yeah, yeah, yeah