Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Robert Plant setlist Options
bonddm20020000
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 7:08:42 PM
Groups: Member

Anyone going to see Plant expecting a nostalgia-fest may be a tad dissapointed.
This recent setlist consists of 8 fairly recent solo tracks, 1 older one (In The Mood), 1 Page/Plant track (Please Read The Letter) and 5 Zeppelin tracks, 2 of which are covers (Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You & Gallows Pole).

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/robert-plant/2018/orpheum-theatre-los-angeles-ca-3ee417b.html

Considering the 2013 setlist was roughly 2/3rd’s Zeppelin, be interesting to see how those prone to ADD fare.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/robert-plant/2013/tyagarah-tea-tree-farm-byron-bay-australia-3bd88088.html

The people in front of me that year at one stage were moaning about “No Zeppelin”, despite the fact that Plant at that precise moment was singing “Going To California”, which had been preceded by “Black Dog”!
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 9:33:36 PM

Same thing was happening when I was outside the tent for Steve Miller with people wanting to know why he wasn’t singing “his songs”.
When I mentioned he had sung at least 4-5 we’ll known songs the reply was yeah but not this stuff.
He was singing tunes from his 2 latest albums.

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
bonddm20020000
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 10:20:08 PM

c0kebloke wrote:
Same thing was happening when I was outside the tent for Steve Miller with people wanting to know why he wasn’t singing “his sons”
When I mentioned he had sung at least 4-5 we’ll known songs the reply was yeah but not this stuff.

Yeah, and considering Miller’s 2 most recent albums at the time were comprised exclusively of blues covers, you’d think it not unreasonable to throw in a few at Bluesfest?!
Hey Yeah - Steve Miller Band
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 10:55:01 PM

bonddm20020000 wrote:
c0kebloke wrote:
Same thing was happening when I was outside the tent for Steve Miller with people wanting to know why he wasn’t singing “his sons”

Yeah, and considering Miller’s 2 most recent albums at the time were comprised exclusively of blues covers, you’d think it not unreasonable to throw in a few at Bluesfest?!
Hey Yeah - Steve Miller Band

Yeah that was my thinking at the time but when I mentioned it some seemed to want a shorter “greatest hits” set list.
Comes down to it I like to hear the well known tunes as much as anyone but I was pleased he played some tunes from those newer albums but couldn’t hear a thing as others talked over it.
If it’s a longer set time then we have plenty of time for the hits(even if some are at times presented in a newer fresher way) as well as newer tunes.

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
Flegal08
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2018 8:12:45 AM

Steve Miller was a highlight for me. Although the whole festival was fantastic. I remember a woman saying how disappointed she was
with Jackson Browne not singing his greatest hits. Another standout performance I thought.