Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

I got money to burn Options
ohare14
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:16:04 AM
Groups: Member

$300 front row tickets. Might get myself 5 days, a cool $1500!
reader57
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:29:23 AM

And not to mention that if you get one of these tickets, they may not be hassle free. What do you do if you come along and someone is sitting in your seat?
What if the crowd presses into the area? How peed off are you going to feel if someone buys a seat, or worse, a group of seats to only see one artist and the seats are vacant for the rest of the day.

I had reasonably good seats at Paul McCartney but the row in front had about ten seats vacant the whole night. Maybe they were at the bar?
zabadooba
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:29:51 AM

Certainly won't be taking this up. A sign of how BF is gradually changing?
milkmeister
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:43:50 AM

Totally agree. I also expect this thread to be deleted soon as per past threads on similar matters.
katieforfree
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:23:27 PM

Remember that other time they had the seating in MOJO at the side reserved for who knows who. It was empty all the time except for Paul Simon and then mostly full of cops. How are they going to secure that seating unless with armed guards?
humanracin
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:26:11 PM

Wow, my post was deleted... the hypocrisy of this forum and its moderators is very off putting
bucetti1
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:33:26 PM

I read your post.
Deleting it was a fair call.

When they go low-we go high.
mgwfall
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:58:55 PM

From the picture on the email, it looks like the seats are in front of the rail.

Would be a great idea if it was for no extra charge & people went in to a ballot. Also, that way, you could have them for individual sets.

This feels way like Bluesfest scalping their own tickets.
gertyson0000
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:06:40 PM

It’s a brilliant idea,

Better reception for wifi for Instagram posts. I like to dance. Not normal dancing like regular festie types but proper dancing for hip hop I do some urban moves and sometimes if the music is mellow I do yoga at home – this way I can reach a state of zen while still being at the fest and people can see how good I am and I can inspire them to be better people via yoga. You don’t need to drink to have fun and its only the cost of a good bottle of red or a small baggie.
mgwfall
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:22:04 PM

zabadooba wrote:
Certainly won't be taking this up. A sign of how BF is gradually changing?

Yes, agree with you, Bluesfest is changing & not in a good way. Like charging to activate the wrist bands last year. Though once you're there, the music is still great.
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:43:58 PM
Groups: Administration

Half of the available tickets sold in the first 2.5 hours
Better hurry if you want front row seating
reader57
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 2:24:01 PM

I have gone through the two tent's lineups and there are times that I would be in another tent seeing an act. It's a shame that I would be having a seat vacant because I am elsewhere when some one could use it. Booking a seat for a day seems inefficient.
It would be good if you could offer use of your seat to someone while you were not there without the stench of scalping.
greybeard
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 2:26:37 PM

Reading this thread I thought what are they on about ?
Just found that email, google put it in the Spam file !! and unlike MS does not tell you there is new mail there !!
It's a commercial decision, and I'll leave it at that

It would be good if Bingo Bongo's - Coke Bloke long time contribution could be recognized on what he says is his last festival

http://forum.bluesfest.com.au/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16754

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
gertyson0000
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 2:31:33 PM

I'll be in the market if the replacement for the Thurs night headliner is a good one!
glenboss
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 8:01:57 PM

greybeard wrote:

Just found that email, google put it in the Spam file !! and unlike MS does not tell you there is new mail there !!

It would be good if Bingo Bongo's - Coke Bloke long time contribution could be recognized on what he says is his last festival

I fail to see the problem with offering this. Not every person attending Bluesfest is short of a dollar. Different people like to spend their money on different things and if some of them choose to spend their hard earned money on a spot right down the front when it's not really affecting anyone else then good on them. The only reason I will not be buying them is that I'll be with 4 other people most of the weekend and I will have more fun hanging with them. It was great to have the choice though.
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 8:17:45 PM

greybeard wrote:

What a Swansong that would be!
I’m not able to read email as my phone is not working but will be reconfigured next week so didn’t get the email regarding this.

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
repete
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 9:08:55 PM

greybeard wrote:

Yeah...I'd support that :))

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
mccin0000
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 9:21:56 PM

repete wrote:
greybeard wrote:

Yeah...I'd support that :))

Agreed

The festival should upgrade Cokes ticket!! Show some love to the real supporters of the festival. Even sling him a one day pass so he can let us that are undecided or sceptical a real view! Or just look after a long time supporter.
greybeard
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 9:38:52 PM

Hi Glen
Your post ( which attached my post ) said " a spot right down the front when it's not really affecting anyone else then good on them."
That has been my opinion from my first visit, but a decade of correspondence here would suggest different !!!!
So the future is a modification of the past- if at a price
My post was to say that email went to spam, which is unusual for Bluesfest emails, maybe others also missed it
Also to suggest a day or two up front for Cokebloke may be seen as a present to all forum posters
I recognize the chairs are a commercial decision, hopefully it's income will cove the people falling over them that was so hot a topic in the past
and caused their removal.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
glenboss
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:16:49 PM

greybeard wrote:

Hi Glen
Your post ( which attached my post ) said " a spot right down the front when it's not really affecting anyone else then good on them."
That has been my opinion from my first visit, but a decade of correspondence here would suggest different !!!!
So the future is a modification of the past- if at a price
My post was to say that email went to spam, which is unusual for Bluesfest emails, maybe others also missed it
Also to suggest a day or two up front for Cokebloke may be seen as a present to all forum posters
I recognize the chairs are a commercial decision, hopefully it's income will cove the people falling over them that was so hot a topic in the past
and caused their removal.

Perhaps I am reading it wrong but it seems to me that the area set aside for this "costly privelege" is slightly to the side (probably both sides ???) where the photographers gather and if this is the case, they should be out of the way of where everyone else who remain behind the barriers as normal. If I am correct in this, it's a space that only gets partially filled with photographers and therefore not a bad idea to fill it up. Bluesfest gets a few extra dollars and a number of people will walk away happy with their purchase. Further more it would be a small area where the chairs would be and remain organised. Time will tell, It's only academic to me since I will not be standing/sitting there. All I'm saying is I don't have a problem with the people paying for it or at the thought of Cokebloke getting one.

I've just spent 2 hours doing something much more important than contemplating this matter. I've been putting all the acts and times into my schedule. Works out that I still get 5 days of wonderful music. One thing I like about this years program is that many of the acts are longer. There's a few light on areas but generally speaking it not too bad. All I need to do is fine tune things over the next few weeks.

Regards Glenboss