Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Timetable is out! Options
humanracin
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:06:58 AM
Groups: Member

https://www.bluesfest.com.au/pages/index.aspx?PageID=289

Its perfect for me, no clashes... thank the gods :)
zabadooba
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:28:25 AM

Well with Ke$ha out Mojo is set to finish early on the Thursday and Mojo Crossroads ans Jambalaya all have space for a closing act unless we're finishing at 10pm this year
eileenk9
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 11:35:27 AM

zabadooba wrote:
Well with Ke$ha out Mojo is set to finish early on the Thursday and Mojo Crossroads ans Jambalaya all have space for a closing act unless we're finishing at 10pm this year

Yeah just got the email. I see gaps on Monday still ?

So for another $300 you can sit in front row seats at any stage you like all day. Eh?
zyfert
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:30:57 PM

zabadooba wrote:

Mojo is the only stage to finish early unless someone else is announced.
The last acts on all the other stages start at 10 or 10.30 so will go until 11.30 - midnight.
zabadooba
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:47:48 PM

zyfert wrote:
zabadooba wrote:

The last acts on all the other stages start at 10 or 10.30 so will go until 11.30 - midnight.

Sorry i meant on the monday whete we have lionel richie and michael franti on at 8pm and morcheeba at 9pm. Unless we're getting 3 hour sets I'm expecting something else to be announced
zyfert
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:04:55 PM

zabadooba wrote:
zyfert wrote:
zabadooba wrote:

Sorry i meant on the monday whete we have lionel richie and michael franti on at 8pm and morcheeba at 9pm. Unless we're getting 3 hour sets I'm expecting something else to be announced

Yes you are right.
Monday night is a very, very early finish for Mojo and Crossroads.
Delta and Juke Joint will finish late and Jmabalaya looks like a TBA.
BC1987
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:10:28 PM

nothing else will be added for mojo & crossroads on monday as they like to finish early on those stages to get the majority of the punters leaving early this was said by peter noble himself in a recent interview. also i just got off the phone with the bluesfest office pointing out some errors to the schedule & at this point morcheeba are closing jambalaya on monday & the 2200 time is an error.

at the first look at this schedule it is going to be a headache for sure but i know i'll figure out something that works for me.
mgwfall
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:16:44 PM

No one else noticed the starting times??

Mojo & Crossroads at 3pm every day & apart from The Boomerang Festival, hardly anything before 3 in the other tents.
zabadooba
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:23:23 PM

27 fewer performances than last year according to this schedule
regards
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:35:54 PM

It would seem that there has been less expenditure on the entire line up overall this year.

I have been told that the reason may be, that they are saving for a big 30th year gig in 2019
zabadooba
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:32:02 PM

mgwfall wrote:

Mojo & Crossroads at 3pm every day & apart from The Boomerang Festival, hardly anything before 3 in the other tents.

OK you can't predict injury and tbh I wouldn't have been anywhere near Ke$ha's gig so its no loss to my weekend.

However despite the claims of the festival being bigger and better I can't help but think there's an issue here.

As I mentioned above we have 27 fewer performances scheduled than last year. With the later starting times identified by mgwfall we lose about 15 hours performing time from last year.

At this stage 3 acts are playing Crossroads on Monday 4 . On every day barring Crossroads on Thursday there are fewer artists on the two main stages compared to last year.

If it does relate to budget with an eye to next year it's insulting to those who commit year after year to cut back ahead of next year in order to make a bigger splash .
Whilst I don't necessarily focus just on the headliners (For me Govt Mule are the main draw this year) and BF is so much more than the headliners but with all due respect they are generally more lightweight this year but then two of those genuine big names playing only once go directly up against each other!
Rather than the budget go towards securing a 'name' I'd much rather we had more artists and have live music across 5 stages more or less from midday to midnight.
When Plant was announced BF said there was another 99 to be named. That was perhaps hyperbole but the fact is we have a smaller festival than last year .

andrewfuller620000
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:50:01 AM

zabadooba wrote:
mgwfall wrote:

OK you can't predict injury and tbh I wouldn't have been anywhere near Ke$ha's gig so its no loss to my weekend.

However despite the claims of the festival being bigger and better I can't help but think there's an issue here.

As I mentioned above we have 27 fewer performances scheduled than last year. With the later starting times identified by mgwfall we lose about 15 hours performing time from last year.

At this stage 3 acts are playing Crossroads on Monday 4 . On every day barring Crossroads on Thursday there are fewer artists on the two main stages compared to last year.

If it does relate to budget with an eye to next year it's insulting to those who commit year after year to cut back ahead of next year in order to make a bigger splash .
Whilst I don't necessarily focus just on the headliners (For me Govt Mule are the main draw this year) and BF is so much more than the headliners but with all due respect they are generally more lightweight this year but then two of those genuine big names playing only once go directly up against each other!
Rather than the budget go towards securing a 'name' I'd much rather we had more artists and have live music across 5 stages more or less from midday to midnight.
When Plant was announced BF said there was another 99 to be named. That was perhaps hyperbole but the fact is we have a smaller festival than last year .

Exactly.....being a 5 day Bluesfester, I wouldn't mind if they didn't have the 'wet-your-pants' level of headliners, especially if that means that there is less time per day to see acts, or quite simply less acts to see. Most of Bluesfest for me and my friends I travel with each year is the joy of seeing live music, most of which is really good-great, and most of which is not the headliners.

There is no doubt it is great to have some of those great names, but unless there are a few of them on at the same time and obviously on different stages, then it is almost impossible to see any of them unless you camp out in front of the main stages from opening time (and pee your pants if you need to go once those headliners are getting close to playing - try going to the toilet then getting back to your front(ish) row position then....virtually impossible on the bigger acts/stages).
Last year, it was nigh on impossible to even get under the tent at Crossroads on the Sunday afternoon/evening what with The Record Company, Jethro Tull, Buddy Guy and then Santana playing back to back, especially if you had been off anywhere else seeing other artists beforehand. However, I guess that is the reality of festivals of this magnitude.

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."
bmrider53
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:04:09 AM

Clashes everywhere. Cliff and Wailers on same stage on Mon, but not on Fri - need to swap Cliff with Gov't Mule on Fri and move bands down to allow bands to be seen earlier.
No more 12 hours (including setup) days with a great choice of early bands. Was great to see Harry Manx and Christina Olsen (with Jeff Lang) around 1pm some years ago.
Remember Blues Artists at Crossroads for most on the day???? Brilliant sound as sound people were working with similar styles of music. I really feel for the sound people with what they need to do these days.
gertyson0000
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 3:30:39 PM

Lots of Clashes.

Some good - Some bad.
reddragon
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:16:06 PM

So much quality music to choose from.

Can you turn it into a ten day festival with one stage and every artist playing one after the other! Is that too much to ask?

Thank you again Bluesfest.
Keep up the good work.
BC1987
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 12:31:59 PM

we may have some changes coming to the mojo stage on the thursday as they have moved everyone down one slot & returned the final slot to a 10pm time & it has a "tbc" so thinking we may have someone announced for the top slot on the thursday.
humanracin
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 3:10:31 PM

Hmm, interesting
I didn't expect anymore big names at this stage
glenboss
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:53:06 PM

Out of the 7 Bluesfests I’ve attended, last year was probably my most enjoyable one for the overall enjoyment of the music but I reckon this year is going to give last year a serious run for it’s money. I am really happy with how the program has taken shape. A few hiccups along the way but I’m so happy with the way it’s ended up. I’ve got 5 solid days of music to get through. Thank you Bluesfest !