Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Jazzfest is up Options
deapeasea0000
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2018 12:42:33 PM
Groups: Member

I'm all locked in for September. We're driving over from Austin and can sadly only manage three nights before we drive up to Memphis, but we're gonna make em count. Pretty tempted to do Bullets on the Thursday night, though the cautious traveler in me is a little concerned I'll be outta my depth there... I'll do my best to suck it up!

After your advice, Pete, I think we'll stay in Marigny and we'll steer clear of AirBnB - seems like a moral minefield.
repete
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2018 1:50:37 PM

deapeasea0000 wrote:
I'm all locked in for September. We're driving over from Austin and can sadly only manage three nights before we drive up to Memphis, but we're gonna make em count. Pretty tempted to do Bullets on the Thursday night, though the cautious traveler in me is a little concerned I'll be outta my depth there... I'll do my best to suck it up!

After your advice, Pete, I think we'll stay in Marigny and we'll steer clear of AirBnB - seems like a moral minefield.

Good stuff! You'll be fine at Bullets, the patrons are a great friendly crowd and the diner outside has the best burgers on planet earth! Just take a cab or uber there and back. Also, see who's on at the Hi Ho Lounge, The Maple Leaf and Tipitina's and take a a walk down Frenchmen Street and pick a club. That's barely scratching the surface. And avoid Bourbon Street like the plague.

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
regards
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2018 4:50:58 PM

deapeasea0000 wrote:

Let me know when you will be in town?

I plan to be back mid September. And could be able to point you in the some right directions

Airbnb is a big issue in Nola and the fun and games are warming up, after Airbnb did some stuff to annoy the council earlier this week.

They are causing lots of problems and do not give a shit, and neither do a lot of the out of town owners, who are well in the majority reeling in a profit from it, nor do some of the local owners as well.

Although one of my mates has a legal one. So he tells me
deapeasea0000
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2018 2:55:53 PM

regards wrote:
deapeasea0000 wrote:

I plan to be back mid September. And could be able to point you in the some right directions

Airbnb is a big issue in Nola and the fun and games are warming up, after Airbnb did some stuff to annoy the council earlier this week.

They are causing lots of problems and do not give a shit, and neither do a lot of the out of town owners, who are well in the majority reeling in a profit from it, nor do some of the local owners as well.

Pretty much locked in for Sep 12 - 15. Do let me know if you'll be around!
regards
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 3:11:10 PM

deapeasea0000 wrote:
regards wrote:
deapeasea0000 wrote:

I arrive back on Tuesday September 11 with luck.

So I will be out and about

It is probably a bit early for Jazz in the Park to start again on Thursdays but there will still be lots on and it will still be pretty warm.

I will keep you posted
deapeasea0000
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 10:25:56 AM

regards wrote:
deapeasea0000 wrote:
regards wrote:
deapeasea0000 wrote:

I arrive back on Tuesday September 11 with luck.

So I will be out and about

It is probably a bit early for Jazz in the Park to start again on Thursdays but there will still be lots on and it will still be pretty warm.

I will keep you posted

Awesome! We're pretty keen to catch Kermit on Thursday so not too worried about Jazz in the Park. We're always open to suggestions though!

deapeasea0000
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2018 11:47:18 AM

repete wrote:
avoid Bourbon Street like the plague.

sadly my travel companions have insisted on staying on bourbon. doesn't mean i plan on spending much time there...
regards
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2018 12:22:34 PM

deapeasea0000 wrote:
repete wrote:
avoid Bourbon Street like the plague.

sadly my travel companions have insisted on staying on bourbon. doesn't mean i plan on spending much time there...

There are some good hotels on Bourbon, but it all about position.

Several years ago, I stayed at the Four Points for one night, which was fine, but noisy at the front.

You can still find some decent music and some great musos on there, but the place after about 9 PM becomes a magnet for idiots especially on the weekends, when the gangs and morons from all over the place converge on there

People we know run a cool little bar just off Bourbon on Saint Louis called B Macs that we gravitate to quite often, but we try to avoid Bourbon in the process.