Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Franti? Options
mccin0000
Posted: Friday, January 19, 2018 5:50:29 PM
Groups: Member

As he is still touring off the same album from the last time he played what’s the deal with his set list? Especially when we consider the big man is playing 2 nights? Harper plays a completely different set every time he does gigs only a year or two apart which is great. Will be disappointed if it’s the same show as the last visit.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, January 19, 2018 6:42:24 PM

mccin0000 wrote:
As he is still touring off the same album from the last time he played what’s the deal with his set list? Especially when we consider the big man is playing 2 nights? Harper plays a completely different set every time he does gigs only a year or two apart which is great. Will be disappointed if it’s the same show as the last visit.

I/want/this/set/twice...
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/michael-franti-and-spearhead/2015/the-powerstation-auckland-new-zealand-13cb6971.html

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
zabadooba
Posted: Friday, January 19, 2018 6:46:12 PM

mccin0000 wrote:

When Franti closed Bluesfest 3 years ago I thought it was the perfect set to finish the festival with...there was such joy and exhilaration in that tent. I'd be more than happy to experience that again.
Though in general I agree that when an artist returns you want something a bit different too
Bradders
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 8:07:51 AM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
mccin0000 wrote:

I/want/this/set/twice...
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/michael-franti-and-spearhead/2015/the-powerstation-auckland-new-zealand-13cb6971.html

I'd love a set of his older (Yell Fire and before) stuff... not so much of the happy clappy we all love each other.
mccin0000
Posted: Sunday, April 01, 2018 11:03:41 AM

Entirely new set list majority new songs or stuff he’s making up on the fly. Sound for him In the Mojo was criminal - band playing their hearts out guests coming on for solos with no sound. The sound engineer must have been asleep. Strange as sound before in the mojo was perfect. The sound in the delta is pretty much perfect which wasn’t the case in the last few years.
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Sunday, April 01, 2018 12:29:21 PM
Groups: Administration

It’s always down to the capability of the FOH mixer.
Which headline artists bring with them.
In the smaller stages it is the Aussie crew, and they almost always shine
Mod
mccin0000
Posted: Sunday, April 01, 2018 12:37:14 PM

Very interesting - hopefully they will have fixed it up for Mondays set or the head to head clash with Mr Richie will be pretty one sided. The sound in the smaller tents this year kicks ass.
bluecoast
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2018 3:28:18 PM

bluesfestadmin wrote:
Mod

Strange you mention that - I spend a lot of my festival chasing the new discoveries in the smaller tents and I found the sound to be brilliant. Go the Aussie Crews!!
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2018 10:04:26 AM

bluecoast wrote:
bluesfestadmin wrote:
Mod

Strange you mention that - I spend a lot of my festival chasing the new discoveries in the smaller tents and I found the sound to be brilliant. Go the Aussie Crews!!

Yep....ditto. Great to hear our guys & gals are excelling.

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."