Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Larkin Poe Options
c0kebloke
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 4:44:39 AM
Groups: Member

http://www.larkinpoe.com
Side note - these 2 sisters are descendants of Edgar Allen Poe but don’t let that scare you off.
Not likely for bf this year as they are playing Crossroads in the Vines - Pokolbin, Australia
Saturday, Feb 10, 2018

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
bucetti1
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 5:20:48 AM

Dear coke,
Thank you for this.
This is the second act you've posted that i was unaware of but now really like.
The Rev Shaun Amos was the other.
The connection to Edgar Allen makes it even more impressive for me.
Thanks again and a happy new year to you.

When they go low-we go high.
c0kebloke
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 5:41:33 AM

Your very welcome mr bucetti.
I found out bout this band while checking out some tunes on a streaming service - a great place to find music I’ve not heard before.
Nice to see younger muso’s still play like they do.
They started off a country/folk band but now add blues to the mix & they can rock as well.
One reason I like to be involved in the forum is the fact we share our finds as I’ve descovered some great music from this forum so I’m happy to share some finds.
Ps hope your New Years a great one 👍

Yeah, yeah, yeah

greybeard
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 7:30:45 AM

Not bad, not bad
Re their Aussie date
They don't get named in the promotion

CROSSROADS IN THE VINES
Roche Estate, Corner of Broke & McDonalds Roads, Pokolbin NSW 2320

http://www.huntervalleyvisitorcentre.com.au/events/e/crossroads-in-the-vines

Get ready for a massive day of Blues music across multiple stages with Crossroads Blues in the Vines, boasting an incredible line up featuring Seven times Grammy award winner Buddy Guy (USA), Ian Moss, Diesel, Russell Morris and a swag of international and national superstar Blues acts.

Phone: 1300 762 545 | Email: enquiries@rocheestate.com.au | Website: http://crossroadsinthevines.com/

Thank you Cola Boy for placing a post in this section to add a December entry before New Year
Now the Q & A section needs your attention- to answer Patrick esoteric and long standing question

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
c0kebloke
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 7:41:44 AM

Come on I’ve given you the meaning of life death the universe & everything (42)but that’s asking just a little more than even I can give 🙄

Yeah, yeah, yeah

glenboss
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 8:28:17 AM

Thanks from me too Cokebloke. I've discovered so much wonderful music from this forum over the years.
tonyivits
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 10:58:13 AM

These girls are great-would definitely be a hit at Bluesfest.Thank you for the tip.
skot20_58
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 12:05:42 PM

glenboss wrote:
Thanks from me too Cokebloke. I've discovered so much wonderful music from this forum over the years.

Good reason to shut the forum down I say no one should have an opinion outside of what garbage bluesfest puts on each year. NO TO FREE OPINIONS!!!!!!! NO TO ANY OFF TOPIC OPINION OR DISCUSSION!!!!!!!

Ke$ha ha ha ha ha ha bluesfest is a joke. Plenty of smaller boutique festivals I can spend my money on.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
bonddm20020000
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 12:35:37 PM

c0kebloke wrote:
http://www.larkinpoe.com
Side note - these 2 sisters are descendants of Edgar Allen Poe but don’t let that scare you off.
Not likely for bf this year as they are playing Crossroads in the Vines - Pokolbin, Australia
Saturday, Feb 10, 2018

The Feb. 10 Crossroads in the Vines has been cancelled.
c0kebloke
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 1:15:14 PM

BLUES IN THE VINES
SATURDAY 10 FEBRUARY 2018 …still seem to be selling tickets on the site? - https://crossroadsinthevines.oztix.com.au/Default.aspx?Event=77518

COUNTRY IN THE VINES
SATURDAY 24 MARCH 2018

Yeah, yeah, yeah

c0kebloke
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 1:25:12 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
glenboss wrote:

Good reason to shut the forum down I say no one should have an opinion outside of what garbage bluesfest puts on each year. NO TO FREE OPINIONS!!!!!!! NO TO ANY OFF TOPIC OPINION OR DISCUSSION!!!!!!!

Ke$ha ha ha ha ha ha bluesfest is a joke. Plenty of smaller boutique festivals I can spend my money on.

Me thinks your in the wrong thread!
If you feel the need for an anti bf rant try doing it somewhere else instead of hijacking this thread.…have fun at your “boutique” festival.

Yeah, yeah, yeah

bonddm20020000
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 1:34:10 PM

c0kebloke wrote:
BLUES IN THE VINES
SATURDAY 10 FEBRUARY 2018 …still seem to be selling tickets on the site? - https://crossroadsinthevines.oztix.com.au/Default.aspx?Event=77518

COUNTRY IN THE VINES
SATURDAY 24 MARCH 2018

https://www.facebook.com/crossroadsvines/posts/292565421253297

“Any explanation for the cancellation of the Feb 10 event?”

Crossroads in the Vines - "Hi Michael, This is due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
glenboss
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 2:07:21 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
glenboss wrote:

Dear Skot, Not sure what I said to bring that on ??????? Sounds like you're not having a good day. Hope it improves and hopefully you, like me, will end up at Bluesfest in a couple of months enjoying 5 days of wonderful music.
Regards Glenboss
PS Perhaps it would be best if you bypass the Kesha tent (although from what I'm hearing it'll probably be hard to get into anyway).
skot20_58
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2018 5:20:22 AM

glenboss wrote:
skot20_58 wrote:
glenboss wrote:

Dear Skot, Not sure what I said to bring that on ??????? Sounds like you're not having a good day. Hope it improves and hopefully you, like me, will end up at Bluesfest in a couple of months enjoying 5 days of wonderful music.
Regards Glenboss
PS Perhaps it would be best if you bypass the Kesha tent (although from what I'm hearing it'll probably be hard to get into anyway).

Joke. I was just trying to be negative to be funny and spice up the board. I will actually watch Kesha I will never get to see her any other place I reckon and she might be good? You never know. I will give her the old 3 song judgment I usually stick to. 😊😊

Dear Skot,
glenboss
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2018 11:56:05 AM

skot20_58 wrote:
glenboss wrote:
skot20_58 wrote:
glenboss wrote:

Regards Glenboss

Joke. I was just trying to be negative to be funny and spice up the board. I will actually watch Kesha I will never get to see her any other place I reckon and she might be good? You never know. I will give her the old 3 song judgment I usually stick to. 😊😊

Good to hear !! I use the same 3 song rule on acts I'm not familiar with. I find the biggest problem for me (and it's only occasionally) at Bluesfest is transitioning from one style of music to another quickly. Like walking out of a full on blast like Nikki Hill and straight into a beautifully mellowed Rhianna Giddens. I love them both but I find sometimes I've got to persevere in the change of mood. Quite often I'll enjoy the 2nd half of the act a lot more than the first half. 5 tents 5 days - I always seem to end up happy.
skot20_58
Posted: Friday, January 05, 2018 4:58:07 AM

glenboss wrote:
skot20_58 wrote:
glenboss wrote:
skot20_58 wrote:
glenboss wrote:

Regards Glenboss

Good to hear !! I use the same 3 song rule on acts I'm not familiar with. I find the biggest problem for me (and it's only occasionally) at Bluesfest is transitioning from one style of music to another quickly. Like walking out of a full on blast like Nikki Hill and straight into a beautifully mellowed Rhianna Giddens. I love them both but I find sometimes I've got to persevere in the change of mood. Quite often I'll enjoy the 2nd half of the act a lot more than the first half. 5 tents 5 days - I always seem to end up happy.

Also my plans to see such and such never happens I always end up seeing other bands that weren’t on my list.

Dear Skot,