glenboss
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:09:35 PM
Groups: Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvlrMJzt7Fg

All jokes aside, I would love to see Jerry Jeff at Bluesfest
rexrose
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:33:08 AM

No joke taken. Would love to see JJW at Bluesfest.
Written a lot of great songs over time, but have a feeling that he will be a no show.
davidabrown
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:47:16 AM

Yes Yes Yes!

And
Gary P Nunn
The Lost Gonzo Band
James McMurtry
Ray Wylie Hubbard
Two Tons of Steel

You can never have too much Steel Guitar!
greybeard
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:31:59 PM

Been a fan of Jerry Jeff of maybe 45 years - one of the first records I purchased- second hand - Mr Bo Jangles
Other old timers while we here
Kris Kristoffeson
Willie Nelso
N

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
glenboss
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 9:08:59 PM

greybeard wrote:
[color=blue]B[size=6]een a fan of Jerry Jeff of maybe 45 years - one of the first records I purchased- second hand - Mr Bo Jangles

I've still got the record, although mine is not as old as yours. Mine's only about 40 years. I probably haven't listened to it for 30 years. I very vaguely remember buying it because it had David Bromberg on it. Like you I've been a fan all of these years. Contrary to Ordinary used to be one of my old favourite records and I listened to it last night with the headphones on while I was doing some work. Once I finished working I went online to see what clips there were of Jerry Jeff and I came across the clip I started this thread with. I just laughed and laughed.
pod2006
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 9:25:46 PM

I have always loved the song "Mr BoJangles" and a few years back when signing up for a Rythms subscription at BF they "upsized" me and offered - for gratis- a Todd Snider Cd or a T shirt. I took the Todd Snider celebration of Jerry jeff Walker.
greybeard
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 5:29:18 AM

music from texas at bluesfest
Sharleen7 Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 10:20:03 AM
We got to see Jerry Jeff Walker play many years ago in Hilo, Hawaii. We were right down front in a small venue. What a great show it was! I remember he remarked about the proximity of the active volcano there: Man, I've met a few people that like to live near the edge, but you guys take the cake!

After the show we were leaving the parking lot in our little VeeDub and who do we see stumbling along but Jerry Jeff his own self! He pulls us up and asks if he can go party with us - they'd taken his car keys away since he'd had a few too many! So we took him for a few more quiet ones at our friend's house, a Texan lady who'd been at the show and was a huge fan of his. We walked in and said, "Hope you don't mind, but we brought a friend with us". She looked at him and said, "You look really familiar, have we met before?" We couldn't believe she didn't recognize him! Nevertheless, once we clued her in, she was over the moon and took the obligatory photos, one of which had Jerry Jeff standing on her son's surfboard!

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2017 12:25:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Ms7z7pI58&index=28&list=RDHxOpqOn48nc
I chatted to a guy at Suzanne Vega who had come to see her perform Luka.
I hoped she would not bother & instead perform something else from her treasures.
If I ever get to see Jerry Jeff, I hope he does not perform Mr Bojangles.
There are a huge number of other songs he has recorded which I would rather hear.
I note that It's A Good Night For Singing/Contrary to Ordinary have been released as a double.
That is where I would start.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8