Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Bluesfest announcement in the morning Options
gertyson0000
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 11:28:11 AM
Groups: Member

humanracin wrote:

No one is going to convince me to take Ke$ha seriously sorry...
But that's ok! We can all have an opinion and I'm not going on Thursday anyway.
Looks like we are now doing Friday and Sunday day tickets, which will give us Saturday to catch up with some local friends, can't wait!
After seeing Paul McCartney the other night we decided we must see the legends while they are still with us so excited to see Robert Plant on the Friday.

Cmon man... a few years ago she was a satanist (how edgy) and this year she’s singing gospel. She’s pointless and this is reflected by the deafening silence to her announcement. Every year a big act pulls out (fingers crossed)- would be interesting to see how many tickets she would have shifted compared to Kendrick Lamar’s thurs night announcement a few years back. She hasn’t caused the kerfuffle that the old guy from the Monkies caused when he replaced neill young last year all the same. I’m sure someone’s interested in her but I’m bamboozled as to her presence and can’t see her drawing flys. I’ll be honest I’ll be at one of the other tents as there’s plenty happening.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 11:47:44 AM

https://www.13thfloor.co.nz/jack-johnson-villa-maria-winery-december-10-2017/
Jack Johnson is back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sccRtO1mJfw
"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
eileenk9
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 11:48:36 AM

humanracin wrote:
eileenk9 wrote:
humanracin wrote:

Looks like we are now doing Friday and Sunday day tickets, which will give us Saturday to catch up with some local friends, can't wait!
After seeing Paul McCartney the other night we decided we must see the legends while they are still with us so excited to see Robert Plant on the Friday.

I saw Paul McCartney on Saturday night in Brisbane.. never in my life did I think I would ever get to see Paul sing Let it Be live. Loved the whole show. I am excited about seeing Robert Plant too. One of the things I love most about Bluesfest is the chance to see the legends and it's one of the main reasons I go.

We were at the Brisbane show too!
I was always much more of a Lennon fan and was going mostly for my Mum who is too old to attend these things now, she loves Paul.
But I was blown away at his whole performance and didn't realise how much all of those songs meant to me growing up with them.
So glad I got to see him, what a Legend he is!

It's a shame your Mum couldn't go ... I hope you took some videos for her to watch. I was kind of there for my Uncle who was a big Beatles fan. He passed away 5 years ago but I always remember him telling me how he saw the Beatles when they came to Melbourne in 1964 and that he couldn't stop screaming along with all the girls. I loved all the Wings songs.. I remember them being played on the radio a lot when I was at school. Sir Paul puts a lot of the younger singers to shame.. 75 years old and a 3 hour set. What a night eh?
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 12:40:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X9GxYamcuk
Well as Jimi Hendrix once said,life is all one big gimmick,so why question him setting his guitar on fire & playing with his teeth.
And with music being a tough way to make a living,you have to do something a bit different to attract your audience.
Now Kesha has matured to a new image and will attract a more mature audience.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
waffles
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 2:02:01 PM

maybe...being easter she will find god...maybe through the FRANTICHRIST!!!

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
zabadooba
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:17:09 AM

Seeing as how Bluesfest is embracing non English language artists how about one of Europe's biggest stars - Vasco Rossi? This man is legendary in Italy. Sadly the English speaking world hasn't recognised him for the star he is.
zabadooba
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:41:47 AM

gertyson0000 wrote:
humanracin wrote:

Cmon man... a few years ago she was a satanist (how edgy) and this year she’s singing gospel. She’s pointless and this is reflected by the deafening silence to her announcement. Every year a big act pulls out (fingers crossed)- would be interesting to see how many tickets she would have shifted compared to Kendrick Lamar’s thurs night announcement a few years back. She hasn’t caused the kerfuffle that the old guy from the Monkies caused when he replaced neill young last year all the same. I’m sure someone’s interested in her but I’m bamboozled as to her presence and can’t see her drawing flys. I’ll be honest I’ll be at one of the other tents as there’s plenty happening.

I've had a listen to Ke$ha's latest and ...it's OK but basically regular chart pop. The day Bluesfest has headliners where there are more dancers onstage than musicians is the day we've lost. I'll probably give Ke$ha a miss as I expect there'll be somebody else on another stage more liking to my tastes. That's how Bluesfest works. If my granddaughter comes along she'll love Ke$ha...and I'll let that stand as a comment in itself.

I'm happy to see 'world music' at Bluesfest and enjoy discovering artists new to me each year. I'm less inclined with hip hop/(c)rap music. For all the hype BF gave us about the Kendrick announcement much of the objection wasn't about the style of music but the gangsta image rap has - kind of supported by the reports of the behaviour of some of his fans that night on and off site and for a family focused event to promote an artist who has such misogynistic lyrical content and throws words such as muthafukka around so much was more of an issue for me . As I said at the time BF wouldn't accept Axl singing 1 in a million but because Kendrick was seen to be relevant and now a blind ear was passed to the unsuitability of some of his 'song' content.

I do think Bluesfest needs to keep in mind it's core client group and demographic - saying that more of us post 50 are not going to gigs as much - at least not camping festivals so I get that change has to happen. I'm still expecting a blues announcement to come as with last year. There are more names to come ..and I expect another big name yet to be revealed. Already this line-up has so many good things - I'm looking forward to Easter again.

humanracin
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:30:36 AM

eileenk9 wrote:
humanracin wrote:
eileenk9 wrote:
humanracin wrote:

I saw Paul McCartney on Saturday night in Brisbane.. never in my life did I think I would ever get to see Paul sing Let it Be live. Loved the whole show. I am excited about seeing Robert Plant too. One of the things I love most about Bluesfest is the chance to see the legends and it's one of the main reasons I go.

We were at the Brisbane show too!
I was always much more of a Lennon fan and was going mostly for my Mum who is too old to attend these things now, she loves Paul.
But I was blown away at his whole performance and didn't realise how much all of those songs meant to me growing up with them.
So glad I got to see him, what a Legend he is!

It's a shame your Mum couldn't go ... I hope you took some videos for her to watch. I was kind of there for my Uncle who was a big Beatles fan. He passed away 5 years ago but I always remember him telling me how he saw the Beatles when they came to Melbourne in 1964 and that he couldn't stop screaming along with all the girls. I loved all the Wings songs.. I remember them being played on the radio a lot when I was at school. Sir Paul puts a lot of the younger singers to shame.. 75 years old and a 3 hour set. What a night eh?

He was so youthful, more like 75 going on 50 :)
eileenk9
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:04:52 AM

gertyson0000
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 12:48:02 PM

waffles
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 5:28:33 PM

might be a headliner at HILLSONG,but hopefully never at bluesfest.d'oh!

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
humanracin
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 2:51:37 PM

Well Kesha is no better than Baby Bieber that's for sure, pretty much anyone can play Bluesfest at this point.
skot20_58
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 3:21:25 PM

humanracin wrote:

Well Kesha is no better than Baby Bieber that's for sure, pretty much anyone can play Bluesfest at this point.

Certainly pushing the boundaries but anyone can see that they are trying to cash in on the latest social trends. I’ve seen plenty of women at bluesfest over the years why the big hoopla now??

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
BC1987
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 4:20:22 PM

pretty much kesha used to be seen more as one of those trashy pop style artists back in 2009/2010 when she put out her debut album but after a hiatus from the music scene she has returned with a more soul/gospel inspired pop record... unfortunatley for bluesfest people are judging the booking based on her 2009/2010 music period which i am sure they would prefer people didn't think of when they see her on the lineup. personally i am not a fan & will be in another tent on the thursday but see no issues with the booking. oh & if we are going to book things that don't make all too much sense then can we please have tool in 2018 as they will be releasing a new record.
oh & judging by the latest email from bluesfest we won't have another artist announcement until the new year.
InfidelRider
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 12:48:15 PM

Hmmm, I see that Hat Fitz and Cara are on the lineup for the National Folk Festival in Canberra.
gertyson0000
Posted: Saturday, December 16, 2017 8:19:59 AM

If Ke$ha pulls out (fingers crossed) we have a like for like ready got step into her shoes now that she’s beaten the system- she’s a national icon according to New Idea https://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/12/15/12/31/former-idol-star-paulini-handed-6-month-suspended-sentence
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 7:47:39 PM

http://www.thebartontheatre.com.au/venuehire.html
No Auckland gig for Robert Plant but it is pleasing to see Adelaide get one.
And for the band to have the odd day off not playing between long flights.
That Bluesfest set will be very crowded.
And even more so without someone as strong as Iggy & The Stooges against him this time.

deapeasea0000
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2018 10:37:59 AM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
And even more so without someone as strong as Iggy & The Stooges against him this time.

funny you should say that. peter has revealed that the plan was for iggy to return in 2018, but he has pulled out.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=154067 - 26.58
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2018 6:54:46 PM

deapeasea0000 wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:

funny you should say that. peter has revealed that the plan was for iggy to return in 2018, but he has pulled out.

Many thanks for the fantastic Peter Noble interview.
Of immense interest to fans such as myself.
Intriguing that he did indeed mention Mr Pop as a wished for booking at Bluesfest 2018.
As for Rap versus Metal,As he noted,he is known as a prime supporter of Black Music.
So hopefully that means more rap over metal.
Gotta get the younger audience hooked in as clients.

eileenk9
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2018 9:00:43 AM

deapeasea0000 wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:

Ohhhhhh... would love to see Iggy live. Not talking