Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

EXTRA DAY Options
waffles
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 8:57:33 PM
Groups: Member

according to todays NORTHERN SCAR bluesfest has applied to council for an extra day,to add another BOB DYLAN night. they have to get approval before they can book him.the council has a lot of applications on their books right now,and say they may not get to it till febuary,which will be too late to book DYLAN. BLUESFEST are trying to go to a higher authority to get this approval through quicker.sounds like every one wants it to happen,but council says bluesfest must wait its turn. hopefully things go through quickly.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
richo
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 10:44:11 PM

Exactly what I suspected when someone first posted about the application for a 6th day. Article can be read here: http://www.northernstar.com.au/story/2010/12/20/bob-dylan-byron-bluesfest/

Hopefully it works out. I would note though that Dylan generally announces tour dates very close to the date of the show -- typically no more than a month out and sometimes as close as a week away from the -- so I'm guessing his management are used to being flexible. Even if it did take until February to sort out I'd still think a resourceful promoter would make it work. Hopefully there's a decent outcome for all.

On the plus side it's a Tuesday. There's very little rhyme or reason to a Bob Dylan setlist, but for some reason you can generally count on him playing Masters of War on a Tuesday. At any rate it'll be a vastly different show to Monday if it happens, so count me in.
colinsid
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:00:00 AM

waffles
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2011 8:14:50 AM

byron council were having a special meeting re extra day,so decision should be made .if dylan then accepts booking be prepared for extra day announcement soon.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
richo
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 10:32:41 AM

I think it'll most likely not be announced as a 6th day of Bluesfest but rather as a smaller Bob Dylan show at Tyagarah (say 5-6,000 capacity). Of course with the demand for Monday tickets you'd expect it to be advertised on the Bluesfest website and newsletter, but I wouldn't expect a full-day Mojo/Crossroads/Jambalaya sort of affair.

The way this has played out in the media has been very interesting. My thinking is that Bluesfest needed an answer by mid-January, not because any later and Dylan wouldn't be available if it was left any later as was suggested in various articles, but because mid-January will coincide with the announcement of Dylan's complete Australian tour and the last thing you want when organising all the advertising and media coverage that will go along with the news of a Bob Dylan tour is a single show having to be announced later.
lachlanm24
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 4:42:09 PM

and the verdict is in!

http://www.byronnews.com.au/story/2011/01/06/extra-bob-dylan-concert-approved/?utm_source=Twitter+Byron_news&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=Twitter

BluesonlyBlues
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 7:58:52 AM

Excellent news. So what do we do ticket wise? Will we have to buy another day or will it be a freebie do you think? I can't find info anywhere.
greybeard
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 10:55:59 AM

BluesonlyBlues wrote:
Excellent news. So what do we do ticket wise? Will we have to buy another day or will it be a freebie do you think? I can't find info anywhere.

I'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm B A C K

I would think the day would be a stand alone , a new ticket would need to be purchased once a lineup is worked out
Don't expect multiple tents,
a discount for multi day ticket-holders and or campers would be niece but may not be financially possible.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
Dan...
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 1:26:20 PM

BluesonlyBlues wrote:

oh god please don't let patrick see this

The poster formerly known as Dan
ScottM
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2011 7:44:11 AM

Dan... wrote:
BluesonlyBlues wrote:

oh god please don't let patrick see this

Hahaha.
cutercomputer
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 6:57:04 AM

Two Dylan concerts in two nights....the word "masochism" springs to mind.

“Of all noises, I think music is the least disagreeable.”
Samuel Johnson
bakes09
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 8:57:37 PM

Chugg has an announcement on some gigs tomorrow. My guess is that it will involve Bob Dylan. Let's see!
E.K
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 10:24:58 AM

bakes09 wrote:
Chugg has an announcement on some gigs tomorrow. My guess is that it will involve Bob Dylan. Let's see!

Nope. But he did announce the addition of two Eddie Vedder solo shows for Perth.
richo
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 10:32:16 AM

I'd guess that the flooding up here has put a halt on any tour announcements... obviously the promoters and newsmakers don't see the wonderful synergy that can come from accompanying news footage with select Dylan tracks (A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall, Watching The River Flow, High Water, The Levee's Gonna Break).

And on that note I do sincerely hope that everyone out there has made it through alright...
Jaylee1
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 2:06:35 PM

In 2001, it had rained almsot non-stop for weeks. Dylan was scheduled to play at the footy oval in Ballina.

We had to cross thru a swollen creek to get there

Our umbrellas were confiscated at the gate

The Man came on stage, the clouds cleared, the stars shone

He lef the stage after an encore or two, the heavens opened and it rained for another week

(friends in high places??)

JT
E.K
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 11:38:55 AM

richo wrote:
I'd guess that the flooding up here has put a halt on any tour announcements... obviously the promoters and newsmakers don't see the wonderful synergy that can come from accompanying news footage with select Dylan tracks (A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall, Watching The River Flow, High Water, The Levee's Gonna Break).

And on that note I do sincerely hope that everyone out there has made it through alright...

Yes I saw something yesterday on Chugg Entertainment's Facebook page about the postponement of annnouncement of dates for Keith Urban's Brisbane shows.
Always28
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 10:17:58 AM

Just announced by Ticketmaster

Bluesfest Day 6 will feature several stages with a big lineup of AMAZING international and local artists including Bob Dylan, Elvis Costello, Gurrumul, Paul Kelly, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Tim Finn, Tony Joe White, Eli Paperboy Reed, and The Mad Bastards – with more to come!