Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Many young families going? Options
jennifer1973
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 10:45:36 PM
Groups: Member

We're thinking of going 5 days and camping. We have 5 and 3yo boys. Are there many young families who go? I haven't been since the late '90's - before kids.

Are there any activities in the festival for kids? Last time I was there they had dodgems etc.

timcook123
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 7:48:12 AM

i seen these two little blokes last year probably just a little older than ur boys and they were sitting against the fence playing the harmonica and a little drum i reckon they would have made a fair bit of money off of the people walking by i know i gave them a few bucks

When you're lost in the rain in Juarez
And it's Eastertime too
And your gravity fails
And negativity don't pull you through
Don't put on any airs
When you're down on Rue Morgue Avenue
They got some hungry women there
And they really make a mess outta you.

B. Dylan
waffles
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 5:21:15 PM

there is a kids club that is very good and there always seems something for kids to do.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
youngbill
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:34:31 AM
Groups: Guest

I try to leave my kids in the car as much as possible, I find I can enjoy the show a lot more that way. They talk at me too much if I let them stay in the tent with me at night as well. Hey, it's my holiday too!
littlewillie
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 12:08:10 PM

You let your kids IN the car? Interesting.

I find tying them to the bumper works well for me and for them as it addresses the obesity problem in so many youngsters these days.
youngbill
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 12:24:14 PM
Groups: Guest

Well it is one of their birthdays over easter, I have a hard time remembering which one.
curlyloc
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 2:16:44 PM

For the amount of $ we have spent going to BF on our kids over the last few years, we coulda bought [insert five figure indulgence here]. TIP: don't take them after about 10 years old or they expect it as an annual family holiday. Just buy 'em the CD and some hippy gear from Byron markets as souvenirs.

We are moving house next week and haven't told our four, just out of home 17 - 23 year old kids where exactly we are going...LMAO

Buddy Guy is without doubt the best guitar player alive.......the way he plays is beyond anyone. Amen
waffles
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:02:32 PM

my boys get their tickets for xmas presents.last year one said he didnt want to go( read girlfriend didnt want to go-bad case of short and curlys) but as he is a non drinker,i was quite happy to see him accept this year(read DD)
all those years of driving them around,finally my revenge.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
Jaylee1
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 7:55:44 AM

Our 13 y.o has been every year since before he was born (a very pregnant mother!)

Each year he gets a three day pass as an Xmas gift. As a younger person, he was satisified with the packed lunch and treat of hot chippies - reasonably cheap. As he gets older, the delights of foreign food and soft drink have kicked in, as well as the attraction of market stalls, but pocket money scrimped and saved all year covers these incidentals.

jennifer1973
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 9:17:37 PM

Too funny everyone!

A kind forum member PM and let me know that kids' club runs from 5+ and you can leave them there for 2 hours. Bliss. Only our youngest is 3, will be 3.5 when BF comes around and I don't think he'd pass for 5. Bugger!!!!!!!! Still, I can sit with them in kids' club while hubby has a couple of child-free hours (read: goes for it at the bar).

I think we might nip up to Surfers during some of the days of the festival, smash the kids around the theme parks (we have a VIP pass for myself and hubby), and kids will crash in the night at the festival.