Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

bluesfest sold out Options
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 1:30:03 PM
Groups: Administration

Hold on - not quite.
People have been amazed by the first Bluesfest artist announcement, and of course as we have recently advised that tickets are selling fast - so the next thing that we are being asked is - When Are you going to sell out for the 2011 festival.
Well I must say that at this time - I would expect that Monday April 25 - will sell out within 30 days approximately - it is hard to say, because our second artist announcement in a couple of weeks may change current ticket sales trends - and we might sell sooner - or you never know - we might get there a little later - BUT, I can tell you this - we have NEVER sold this many tickets this far out from the festival - and if you are thinking about coming to Bluesfest 2011 - AND, in particular on Monday April 25 - you should not delay too much longer in getting your ticket

the 5 day festival season ticket has been much more popular than in the last couple of years - so it seems that we have delivered artists performing throughout the festival that you want to see.
Our camping is coming up on half sold out on some days - and once again - we have never had this much demand for camping this far out from the festival.
We have just about sold out Monday VIP tickets - and there is a only a few left.
What a Bluesfest this is going to be
Thanks for supporting my dream - and guess what - the next artist announcement is shaping up to be a cracker
Peter Noble
Festival Director
richo
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:39:29 AM
Groups: Member

That's great to hear. I'm really glad that once again Monday has been given the oomph it traditionally had. Saving the best till last is the way to go!
waffles
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 7:26:23 PM

i think mondays sometimes lacked crowds because queenslanders went home early because of tuesday work.
but this year they are having the anzac day holiday on tuesday.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
hopciti
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 7:01:01 PM

How long before Tent City sales start Peter?
Rachel76
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 8:27:10 PM

Well must say I'm pretty damn happy to not only have my Blues Buddy package - but also my flights and camper van booked and paid for - because it's going to get crazy!!!!
colinsid
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 1:13:15 PM

waffles- I thought it was all states not just QLD, unless Easter lines up with school holidays then people generally have to return to work on the Tuesday. I've been having 2 weeks of my leave especially for Bluesfest for years.

Which means I actually enjoy the lighter crowds & the winding down feeling of Monday, so this is going to be very different.
richo
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:16:16 PM

Well it's been a few years since we've had a Monday lineup that was actually the peak of the festival... the crowds had no troubles sticking around for Monday in past years when it's been the headliners closing the Monday night. I don't know... this year and last year's Monday felt a bit aimless without anyone really worth seeing that wasn't an encore performance. Like the festival just had an extra day for the sake of it. Don't envisage that being a problem next year though!

I normally stick around until Wednesday or so to recover, so I guess I'm of the mindset that things shouldn't be winding down until midnight on the Monday.