Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Those Were The Days Options
kungfool
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 2:49:28 PM
Groups: Member

Does anyone remember when the Festival tickets were $80 for 3 days?
Then they jacked it to $100 and we all went shock horror.
Maybe the new pricing is because of the poor US dollar rate.
The last Fuji Fest was $400 for 3 days. But that was when you got
100 yen to the dollar. It has fallen to 60 yen to the dollar.
Ramble on....
skot20_58
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 3:04:13 PM

it cost me $12.90 to buy a small packet of black and gold shredded cheese and a small bottle of cream cheese yesterday. the times they are a changing.

i personaly dont mind the price of tickets it means less old winy people will go, which means less hopeless performers way past there use by date playing the festival. and less stupid people who have chairs at blues fest inside the tents after dark so i can trip over them. then have them scream at me for falling over them, wah wah wah i need to sit in a chair im elderly wah wah wah.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
oldbilly1
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 8:10:54 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
it cost me $12.90 to buy a small packet of black and gold shredded cheese and a small bottle of cream cheese yesterday. the times they are a changing.

i personaly dont mind the price of tickets it means less old winy people will go, which means less hopeless performers way past there use by date playing the festival. and less stupid people who have chairs at blues fest inside the tents after dark so i can trip over them. then have them scream at me for falling over them, wah wah wah i need to sit in a chair im elderly wah wah wah.

skot - two of the coolest things about the festival has been that it has always appealed to a wide age group and that it has paid homage to those who can be considered seminal "roots" performers. "past their use-by date" is a matter of perspective and, while I don't always agree with the choices, I could usually, as a music fan, appreciate the reasons for verious artists inclusion. the fest turned a little more young and pop oriented a few years ago, but these characteristics still, for me, define what makes it individual and great. feel free to berate the irate and irrational chair huggers.
anthonym
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 10:51:58 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
i personaly dont mind the price of tickets it means less old winy people will go, and less stupid people who have chairs at blues fest inside the tents after dark so i can trip over them. then have them scream at me for falling over them, wah wah wah i need to sit in a chair im elderly wah wah wah.

It's not the chairs that get up my nose...You know what pisses me, it's the people with the money to throw around who buy tickets to a gig then stand and talk as loud as they can while the music is being played and don't let anyone else enjoy what they have paid to see. Then when they return to where they have come from spin a lot of crap about being there and seeing such and such...what a load of SHIT!!!
If you are going to spend the money to buy a ticket, go and listen to the music and allow others to do the same!

Just my 10c worth (sorry inflation as now taken that to $1 worth) Thanks for listening!
A
skot20_58
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 5:44:10 PM

i realy agree with anthony with the people who talk during shows it f*&^ing pisses me off, it happened to me at john butler solo, a sydney dude with no shirt and a back pack on " hey i went to john butler im cool" idiots!

oldbilly's opinion noted and areed with.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
youngbill
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2008 2:18:12 PM
Groups: Guest

I seem to recall my first fest was $90 - taj, terence simien(?), red devils etc. Sorry folks, that's all I've got memorywise for today.

I stand by my chair - not in it. I like to tote it around for five days without using it and then go home and tell my friends what a fine old time I had sitting in my handy dandy chair. This year I'm going for a camoflage design, so I can't see it either - even in the daylight. But I'll know it's there, and that'll be enough.
HowlinBindog
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 1:01:19 AM
Groups: Guest

Aah YB

If only the Red Devils had made the trip

I think I paid $40 per night at the Piggery back in 91

It was either 3 or 4 nights back then

Hot as all hell inside the packed Arts Factory and raining as hard as its ever rained outside
waffles
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 5:00:45 PM

3 nights but only about 10 bands. but sproick i miss the piggery.saw some great bands there.i remember roy buchanan playing to about 100 people.
what a great atmosphere. john mayall was great at that blues festival.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
Sarie
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:20:00 PM

It seems that gigs are more expensive in Aus in comparison to the rest of the world too. Maybe it's because it costs more to get the international artists out here? I don't know. I went to Southside Festival in Germany this year and it was only about 115 Euro for three days including camping on site. At the time that was just over $200 and the line up was huge. The price is probably cheaper as well because festivals over there have around 50 000 to 60 000 people attending, which would not happen in Aus.
warrenselby-jones
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 1:11:03 PM

Skot and Old Billy, if all you have to bitch about is tripping over people in chairs, it is you who has the problem my friend, either bad eye sight or just plain stupid!!!!! All the best Wazza.
oldbilly1
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 8:51:11 AM

warrenselby-jones wrote:
Skot and Old Billy, if all you have to bitch about is tripping over people in chairs, it is you who has the problem my friend, either bad eye sight or just plain stupid!!!!! All the best Wazza.

actually, last time I tripped over a chair at bluesfest I think it was probably a combination of bad eye sight (kind of night blind) and the stupidity thats commonly associated with far too much bourbon. at the end of the day, waz, I am happy for people to sit on whatever and whoever they like at the bluesfest. I just miss the chair thread, thats all.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:36:02 PM

Skot 20 would you please define who you mean "hopeless performers outside their use date".

That is if your post is to have any credibility at all.

Just for your information Bro I do not bring a chair to Bluesfest.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 10:16:05 PM

Hey Skoty,if you ever come to Bluesfest again,make sure you wear a big sign on your back saying "elderly people please trip me up"

I will then organise for lots of people to do this as often as you like until you stop enjoying it.

I can even get them to clap when it happens if you like.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
greybeard
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 5:37:13 AM

Hey Patrick,
Have you been eating your red meat RAW again, really Skot's posts on this thread were early December,
what's that Barmaid done to your hormones

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
jackfinn
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 2:32:17 PM

theloneranger and skot have got it in for each other maybe they could be one of the headline acts. to hold all that anger for three months, it would be pretty cool to see theloneranger and his mates kick the shit out of someone over the defense of chair users. i think a chair is a good idea, the thing that pisses me off is the drugged up wanker who thought it was a good idea to just chuck a beer can in the air at the beautiful girls last year, it went all over my wife and brother, i wanted to headbutt his face in, but i think i would have been the arsehole then,bring on the sniffer dogs if it keeps the wankers who cant handle there gear out ha ha.