Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Arthur Brown Options
Maccain09
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 11:40:55 PM

Groups: Member

Forget Dave Matthews - not touring next yr - next best thing is Arthur Brown - Cant remember when he toured here last, I think he would be a massive crossover hit in the crossrads tent- they need to fix the sound and allow side access as they had in the last site as the set up of the cross roads did not work - imagine Arthur Brown comes on stage last on sat night everyone will flock from every other tent to see the living legend and there will be chaos they need to increase capacity before they announce him! They will need to put a mega act on at the same time to ensure there's no stampede! Ala neill young or van the man.

harveykeitel
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:34:22 PM

If it was anything like Glasto when he played with Jerry Dammers & Johnny Clarke your absolutely right Maccain09. Would definitely have to be someone alot bigger than Jeff Beck to pull enuf people over to Mojo tho if the played at the same time. BF have your fire extinguishers ready!
harveykeitel
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 3:11:36 PM

check out Hawkwind, they would be also be great to see with Arthur B. Nik Turner who also played at Glastonbury this year was amazing. With Hawkwind picking up the infamous "Maverick" title at the UK's MOJO music awards, it seems fitting to have these sort of ground breakers at BF
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 4:28:07 PM

By theloneranger at 2010-11-21

I'll go and see any interesting eccentrics that are presented at Bluesfest.

But you are no more likely to see that guy,than this guy.

By theloneranger at 2010-11-21

I'll settle for these guys every year...who do have an appeal to a wide ranging age group.

By theloneranger at 2010-02-26

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
harveykeitel
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 3:41:56 PM

Ranger - who is the last pic of?

I think you'd be surprised at the crowds our friends might draw, if Glasto was anything to go by. BF needs to stay diverse and fresh, you can go to the BDO if you wanna see media driven x-factor products. These guys are pushing the boundaries of music for 40yrs and thats what it is all about..... Hawkwind as an example are picking up respected music awards this year
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 11:02:08 PM

By theloneranger at 2010-11-24

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
harveykeitel
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:34:28 PM

looks like I won't be seeing Hawkwind with Arthur at BF this year, with them playing here in March. Now the decision on whether to make it to Syd or Melb to see them.......

http://www.liveguide.com.au/Tours/682126/Hawkwind/Hawkwind_UK_Australian_Tour_2011
Maccain09
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:53:54 PM

As far as Hawkwind and Brown go it would be a truly cosmic clash - both acts going head to head - Hawkwind in the Crossroads Arthur Brown in the Mojo both at the same time … if young Zappa can play the Mojo why is Arthur Brown not just locked in at this stage?

He's a hero to millions and I do not exaggerate. It would take a promoter made of steel and with the resolve of Olympus to orchestrate this true clash of the titans. …
Maccain09
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 4:05:47 PM

Just announced. My ticket is locked in -

Clearly will be a supprise addtion to BF this year. I'll bet my5 day pass on it - heavily rumoured in around the punters circles last Fri at the Mick Conway gig I was at.

Friday 28 October 2011
Focus with Arthur Brown at The Caves
The Caves Edinburgh, UK
harveykeitel
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2011 12:07:03 PM

The man is definitely back on tour, he is playing the legendary Meltdown festival in London (at the Queen Elizabeth Hall on June 10th) alongside Ray Davis of The Kinks. He was in Germany last month too.

Made the trip to Syd Uni with a band of true followers to see the legends which are Hawkwind a couple of weeks ago. A well worth "trip" and a truly enjoyed experience for all that were there.