Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

One thing better..... Options
donaldhp
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2010 11:19:59 PM
Groups: Guest

Just been watching Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band live in Hyde Park.....magnificent !!
If there is one thing better than hearing great music, it's seeing great musicians really having
a great time doing their thing.
Cheers,
Don
repete
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 12:31:21 AM
Groups: Member

donaldhp wrote:
Just been watching Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band live in Hyde Park.....magnificent !!
If there is one thing better than hearing great music, it's seeing great musicians really having
a great time doing their thing.
Cheers,
Don

Talking of Springsteen, one of my favourite dvd's is Springsteen and The Seeger Sessions Band live in Dublin.

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
colinsid
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 7:13:50 AM

Also watched this yesterday.
Also working hard at it. Never seen someone sweat so much, let alone someone who is 60> His shirt is saturated by the 3rd song, & he is dripping & spraying later.
Great stuff.
johnnymac
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 8:57:59 AM

Agree, they are both a great watch. Don't know which one I enjoy the most.
Kicking off with 'London Calling' is a sublime start to Hyde Park.
warrenselby-jones
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 11:00:12 PM

And the "Big Man" Clarence Clemons on sax extrordinary, simply brilliant!! All the best Wazza
coppinafield19
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2010 9:39:20 AM

The boss would need two slots at bluesfest to do justice to his set always a brilliant live act and he generally plays for 2 1/2- 3 hours a show ...I've been very lucky to see him at many venues but his 2003 show at fenway park in boston was brilliant...I suspect he may throw bluesfest over budget getting him there but i'm prepared to throw in some spare change if it will help :-)
etgohome
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2010 1:42:34 AM

Saw Bruce and the E String Band in the rain in Auckland......still get goose bumps.
marksullivan
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2010 9:44:09 PM
Groups: Guest

The more things change, the more they stay the same... at Bruce's Sydney concert in 2002 it was day 2 of the war in IraQ. He sang as song 2, "War- what is it good for- absolutely nuthin'" Today is day 2 after the USA have left Iraq.
If Bruce came, alone or with friends, BF would step up into a new stratosphere. John Fogarty was a show stopper- extraodinaire. Bruce could be the keystone around a Monday closing that would make everyone hang around until the very end- and add some poignancy to Anzac day. And if it is raining, He'd hopefully finish with Lost in the Flood.
annie2
Posted: Friday, September 03, 2010 9:47:37 AM

i would love to see that
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:11:24 PM

warrenselby-jones wrote:
And the "Big Man" Clarence Clemons on sax extrordinary, simply brilliant!! All the best Wazza

Will the real Wazza please stand up.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
skot20_58
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:25:29 PM

:)

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
psulli12
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:46:23 PM

Who would be on the other stages if Bruce was playing?
I'm not sure anyone would want to miss his show!
regards
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:53:54 AM

psulli12 wrote:

A couple of years ago at JazzFest, Bruce was playing at the same time as Gary Clarke Junior and the Reverend Al Green, luckily we had VIP passes, which gave my Brother and I easier access to good viewing spots so we watched about 30 minutes of Clarkey in the Blues tent, about 20 minutes of the Rev at Congo Square and finished off with about the last 30 minutes of Bruce at the main Stage, it was all good.
pod2006
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 12:57:34 PM

Regards, I read your exploits with interest and a hint of envy. Jazzfest simply sounds like the keystone of a great USA trek. You should get free tickets as I am sure you have prompted many regular bloggers to consider making such a trip a reality.
regards
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:27:23 PM

pod2006 wrote:
Regards, I read your exploits with interest and a hint of envy. Jazzfest simply sounds like the keystone of a great USA trek. You should get free tickets as I am sure you have prompted many regular bloggers to consider making such a trip a reality.

Hopefully some crew can make it to Fest one day. And I will be delighted to be a tour guide of sorts.

I am just lucky being a single guy with no committments, but reality will strike one day. As w#rk is getting worse, but so be it.

The VIP tickets the last 2 years, have come through family connections with the music industry worldwide, but I am not complaining.

This year may be a battle to get them again, but I will be there anyway.

I am going to try and stay off the turps for the first 2 weeks of April, because after that with BluesFest leading in to JazzFest, the liver will get a hiding.

Roll on Easter
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:28:02 PM

psulli12 wrote:

Paul McCartney,Van Morrison,Tom Waits,Led Zeppelin & Eric Clapton.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
regards
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 7:16:42 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
psulli12 wrote:

I have seen all of the above several times. Page and Plant being my defacto Led Zep, and they can all vary greatly fron show to show,

with their quality of music and or passion related to the input of delivery to the crowd etc, and they can leave you wanting, every now and again.

Bruce gives his all, or his so good it certainly seems he giving his all, every time I have seen him.

TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 9:58:08 PM

regards wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:
psulli12 wrote:

I have seen all of the above several times. Page and Plant being my defacto Led Zep, and they can all vary greatly fron show to show,

with their quality of music and or passion related to the input of delivery to the crowd etc, and they can leave you wanting, every now and again.

Bruce gives his all, or his so good it certainly seems he giving his all, every time I have seen him.

I am at the opposite end of the spectrum,having seen none of those artists live.
I accept as gospel your comments in regard to the quality of Bruce's shows,and the fact that he never has an offday.

Still,if those six artists were in tents at Bluesfest,I am confident that you would not have all of the audience endeavouring to squeeze into the Springsteen tent.
I would suggest that if you speculated what size of audience each of those artists would pull if they played one off gigs in Sydney or Melbourne,added the totals and then prorated the Bluesfest audience over the total,that would give some idea of the relative audience for each you could expect if they were all at Bluesfest.

repete
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 11:23:02 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
psulli12 wrote:

I have only seen Springsteen once (for a memorable show) but I think I would see him again before any of the aforementioned artists except for Tom Waits. But then, I was never a huge fan of the Beatles or Led Zep (but always respect).

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
ScottM
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 5:41:57 AM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
I would suggest that if you speculated what size of audience each of those artists would pull if they played one off gigs in Sydney or Melbourne,added the totals and then prorated the Bluesfest audience over the total,that would give some idea of the relative audience for each you could expect if they were all at Bluesfest.

Or....you could decide to not take the rhetorical question quite so seriously ;-)