Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Nine Lives (A New Orleans story) Options
Sharleen7
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 6:19:33 PM
Groups: Member

I got an email from Chris Joseph at Threadhead Records today telling me about an exciting new project in the works:

Quote:
To all: As you know, I am a strong supporter of New Orleans music. Over three years ago, I helped start a fan funded and volunteer run record company (Threadhead Records, Inc.), and also a separate 501c3 not-for profit (Threadhead Records Foundation), with both companies set up to help musicians in New Orleans.

One of the most exciting projects that the Threadhead Records artists are currently working on is a soundtrack album based on the book “Nine Lives,” by New Yorker writer Dan Baum. Our hope is that soundtrack will become a musical production that can get to Broadway. If you are not familiar with the book, I encourage you to get a copy. It tells the story and experience of nine New Orleanians from Hurricane Betsy to Hurricane Katrina. Not only will this project help a good number of musicians and artists, but it will help continue to tell the story of the New Orleans we all hope to rebuild.

The Threadhead Records Foundation is competing for a $50K grant on the Pepsi Refresh Gulf website to help fund the Nine Lives music project. I’m not asking you for money, just for five minutes and a few clicks to vote via your computer. We've consistently been in the top ten since the voting started last week; but we have slipped to number 10. (Only the top ten will win the grant in this category.)

Please login and vote at:

http://gulf.refresheverything.com/ninelivesproject

If you aren't familiar with the project, you get every day for our project, through August 31. You can tweet and facebook that you voted DIRECTLY from the website. PLEASE DO! Let your friends know you've done so much good for the people of the Gulf Coast.

Thanks so much.

Best,

Chris

If you love New Orleans and it's music, please give them a vote!

EXCESS in Moderation
repete
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 10:40:31 PM

Done...:-)

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
donaldhp
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 1:01:09 AM
Groups: Guest

Yep, me too and shared on facebook. got the book right here too...." Extraordinary homage to that most beautiful and broken of America's cities, New Orleans".
Cheers, Don
wildthing
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:01:20 PM

Done! :)
davidmoses
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:48:33 PM

Done
Sharleen7
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 5:28:46 PM

Thanks to all for voting and remember, you can vote every day! They had slipped to number 13 but are now back up at 8 so it's looking good! I haven't read the book yet but have it on order and am looking forward to a great read!

EXCESS in Moderation