Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Sorry....I never said thanks Options
donaldhp
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 12:00:03 AM
Groups: Guest

I've been a bluesfest regular & music lover for more years than I'd care to think and have seen and heard some wonderful bands and music
in my time. Of course I was looking forward to the new site at Tyagarah but never, never did I think I was going to hear
music of the quality and diversity that I heard last Easter. Just prior to the festival my knee almost collapsed (an age thing I fear)
and consequently was going to limit myself to established favourites but because of recommendations from guys like Repete and
Brian Wise et al made myself hobble to check out Lil band o gold, Poor mans whisky, the flatlanders, Wagons and more.
They were all amazing but for me , the Lil Band o Gold was as close to my musical nirvana as I'm ever going to get !
Being able to see them 3 times in 5 days was just sublime.
Thank you Peter Noble, Repete. Brian Wise.......a dream come true.
Cheers, Don
repete
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 12:42:53 AM
Groups: Member

L'il Band o Gold was a dream come true for me too. Never did I ever think it possible. Likewise, a huge thanks to Brian, Pat, Peter and Steve from Dust Devil music. Hehehe....and we all should remember it was Sharleen who first introduced CC Adcock to the bulletin board some 4 years ago!

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
warrenselby-jones
Posted: Friday, June 04, 2010 3:16:42 PM

They were absolutely brilliant , saw them twice and loved them repete, All the best Wazza.
Sharleen7
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:33:20 AM

repete wrote:
L'il Band o Gold was a dream come true for me too. Never did I ever think it possible. Likewise, a huge thanks to Brian, Pat, Peter and Steve from Dust Devil music. Hehehe....and we all should remember it was Sharleen who first introduced CC Adcock to the bulletin board some 4 years ago!

Aw shucks, many thanks for the shout out, Pete! I, too greatly enjoyed seeing LBOG @ Bluesfest - we managed to get in for all 3 of their sets and it still wasn't enough! They truly are a super-band!

We're gonna make the pilgrimage back to N'awlins for Jazzfest next year, so we'll be looking to get ourselves another LBOG/ CC Adcock fix then!

EXCESS in Moderation