Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Dutch Tilders Options
youngbill
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:13:14 PM
Groups: Guest

Sorry folks, this one has just come to me.

DUTCH TILDERS Godfather of Australian Blues has been diagnosed with cancer.

A Benefit Concert is planned at The Thornbury Theatre Thursday 29th July.
Many musicians and friends have offered support and the line up is still being programmed with the doors opening at 7pm and a star studded show beginning at 7.30pm.

Dutch Tilders, Chain, Kevin Borich Express, Chris Finnen, Steve Russell, Geoff Achison, Lloyd Spiegel, Stevie Page, Jeannie Lushes & more.

All proceeds will be to support Dutch with his ongoing treatment.

Enquiries: peanuts@dutchtilders.com.au

Donations - Westpac Bank BSB 033349 ACC 385020

I had the distinct pleasure of doing a show for Dutch, Hat Fitz & James T a while back.
He arrived having just made his flight, looking very dapper in a suit.
Waiting for the others to arrive while enjoying a bevvy the conversation turned to smokers being banished from the bar, and so onto mortalilty.
He somewhat ominously suggested his turn may be soon. It was a great show of course.

oldbilly1
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 10:06:30 PM
Groups: Member

as an old melb pub rat, I've lost count of how many times I've seen this man play live. an institution. fight the power, dutch
Dan...
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:38:57 AM

I'm hoping to catch Dutch down at the Condong Bowls Club next Sunday. Anyone else?

The poster formerly known as Dan
youngbill
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2011 11:42:06 AM

I'm thinking about it. Last drinks folks.

thesoundlounge QLD Fri Jan 28th 7.30pm Tix online $25 +bf Blues Revue with Guests George Washingmachine, Blind Willie Wagtail, Dirk Dubois (Chain)

byron bay brewery NSW Sat Jan 29th 7.30pm Tix online Dutch Tilders featuring Geoff Achison, Dirk Dubois (Chain) plus host band Blind Willie Wagtail 2008 Dolphin Award winner

condongbowlsclub NSW Sun Jan 30th 12.00 Noon Dutch Tilders featuring Geoff Achison, Dirk Dubois (Chain) plus host band Blind Willie Wagtail and friends

cornisharmshotel VIC Sun 6th Feb ‘Four Generations of Blues’ 4-8pm $20 Tix Door Dutch Tilders Phil Manning Geoff Achison Lloyd Spiegel.

semaphoreworkersclub SA Dutch Tilders, Chris Finnen, Rob Riley, Dave Blight, Frank Lang and Trapper 4pm – 8pm. No date for this one.

There are no more dates on Dutch's website at present.

Does anyone know of camping close to the venue? I've got Greenhills Caravan Park, 488 Tweed Valley Way Murwillumbah (6k to bowlo). Any clues on anything closer? Any chance of a taxi around there?
Dan...
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:27:12 PM

Murwillumbah will be the closest place you can stay, camping or otherwise I'd imagine.

I really hope there'll be a taxi!

RaucousReg
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 9:26:34 AM

youngbill wrote:
Does anyone know of camping close to the venue? I've got Greenhills Caravan Park, 488 Tweed Valley Way Murwillumbah (6k to bowlo). Any clues on anything closer? Any chance of a taxi around there?

Greenhills is a couple of clicks south of "town".

There's a motel next to The Murwillumbah (Murray's) Hotel which is a tad seedy but OKish- a bro had his car broken into in the car park. I THINK it's called The Town Motel?

Accomodation at The Murrays I'm not sure about but it did exist when I lived in Mur'bah.

The Courthouse had a lot of money spent on the bar but none on the accomodation- changed hands and they wrecked the bar and I don't think anything was done to the accomodation so it would be getting a tad (or more) down market.

Accomodation at The Imperial is good (and opposite the cab rank!). Counter meals used to be pretty good and Coopers on tap (I think). (And where I met Mrs Reg!)

namaste
RR
youngbill
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 11:31:51 AM

Thanks gents. Does anyone else have suggestions? I hit the jackpot with last night's show so now have a reasonable chance of attending.
RaucousReg
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 9:09:41 PM

youngbill wrote:

thesoundlounge QLD Fri Jan 28th 7.30pm Tix online $25 +bf Blues Revue with Guests George Washingmachine, Blind Willie Wagtail, Dirk Dubois (Chain)

byron bay brewery NSW Sat Jan 29th 7.30pm Tix online Dutch Tilders featuring Geoff Achison, Dirk Dubois (Chain) plus host band Blind Willie Wagtail 2008 Dolphin Award winner

condongbowlsclub NSW Sun Jan 30th 12.00 Noon Dutch Tilders featuring Geoff Achison, Dirk Dubois (Chain) plus host band Blind Willie Wagtail and friends

And for early BF attendees or North Coast locals, Blind Willie Wagtail is one of Scrubby Hurcombe's bands.

namaste
RR
youngbill
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 8:44:01 AM

Was this guy Scrubby Wardrop or Scrubby & the Peach Pickers or something like that? (it was a while ago!)

My first fest there was a guy with mud up to his knees that was sensational. He was playing in the small steak sandwich tent on the left just inside the main gate.

From memory he was also preparing some of the steaky treats. What a guy. Was this him?
RaucousReg
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 6:47:38 PM

youngbill wrote:
Was this guy Scrubby Wardrop or Scrubby & the Peach Pickers or something like that? (it was a while ago!)

Scrubby and The Peach Pickers I think! Also The Kokomo Blues Band in 1996 (I think!)

More recently The Hillbilly Blues Bandits (which was the mob that won Tthe Dolphin Awards a few years back (1998?))

namaste
RR
cutercomputer
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:11:21 PM

youngbill wrote:
Sorry folks, this one has just come to me.

DUTCH TILDERS Godfather of Australian Blues has been diagnosed with cancer.

Gutted to hear that.

I was introduced to Mr Tilders when I was about 17yrs old (35 years ago) by a mate of mine who liked finding "stuff-that-was-different-to-the-standard-fare-of-PinkFloyed-and-RoxyMusic" that we were all listening to in those days. It was my first experience of "rootsy blues" and it started a life long love affair.

Still they say 70% of all people diagnosed with cancer do not die of it...so good-luck to him, and I'll look forward to seeing him at some future BBBF.

“Of all noises, I think music is the least disagreeable.”
Samuel Johnson
youngbill
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 8:31:30 AM

Booked and bound to go. Who's with me?
Dan...
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 7:54:18 AM

I've come down with a shocking case of tonsillitis. Need to go and see the doc today, but things don't look good.