Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

10cc Options
E.K
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:35:52 PM
Groups: Member

So who on here was there and what did you think? I'm a female in my 40s so I enjoyed the old hits from the 70s and I thought they really rocked.

Not quite sure why they were at Bluesfest though.

Discuss. :)

littlewillie
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:57:24 PM

I quite enjoyed the 3 or 4 hit songs that I recognized from back in the day but couldn't get into the rest of their repertoire. I thought they were a very tight outfit ,very professional, and wouldn't mind seeing some more of the old troopers still plying their trade if they're up to that standard.
Colin Hay and Rodger Hodgson were on my hit list as well.

Now if only Peter could get Steve Miller Band .
E.K
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:57:04 PM

littlewillie wrote:
I quite enjoyed the 3 or 4 hit songs that I recognized from back in the day but couldn't get into the rest of their repertoire. I thought they were a very tight outfit ,very professional, and wouldn't mind seeing some more of the old troopers still plying their trade if they're up to that standard.
Colin Hay and Rodger Hodgson were on my hit list as well.

Now if only Peter could get Steve Miller Band .

The younger guy who was doing a lot of the vocals and playing keyboards was amazing. I don't think he was from the original lineup though.

I wanted to see Rodger Hodgson but unfortunately he clashed with Crowded House and that's where my friends wanted to go.

Steve Miller Band would be a trip.
waffles
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:09:48 PM

being a 10cc fan from way back,i looked forward to seeing them.i posted that i wasent sure what they would be like after all these years,but i was pleasantly surprised that they reproduced all their studio sounds live. it was a great set of their greatest stuff.i was really surprised by RICK FENN-the lead guitarist.he now lives around byron and plays in a local band occasionally.he fits in with the band,but doesnt dominate. when he played lead with 10cc,i couldnt believe how good a guitarist he really was.

steve miller band are still doing the festival scene,and definately would be on my hit list-JUNGLE LOVE.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
today4644
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2010 1:41:07 AM

I cant understand how anyone could miss out on much if you just sit down & work it out! I went to Fat Freddy's Drop @ 20:15 for 1/2 hr (never seen them before & was curious as I'd heard how good they were). I thought they were ok but cant compare w/- the likes of 10CC so moved over there just barely missing the 1st song @ 20:45ish. Found the 1st lot of songs not really my thing (being there to see the old stuff), so moved across to Music Makers Relief Foundation for a bit then back to 10CC to catch all their best stuff in the 2nd 1/2 of the set. That was awesome as were they. Watched them to the end including standing ovation then moved across to Crowded House from 22:00 for 1 hr (during this time they played mostly stuff i didnt recognise, sadly). I guess they were saving it for the 2nd hr. I was happy to see them & after 1hr happy to move on to Supertramp where he was just commencing his best stuff. Oh how fantastic. Heard everything I remembered of the band. So you see there was no reason to miss any of them if you really planned for it. I sat & worked it all out before hand so as not to miss the best of the best. Well done to the organisers! My 1st time & not my last.
skot20_58
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2010 5:22:51 AM

I watched them for a couple of songs they where ok but i felt like i was at work listening to sea fm.... So i went and had smoko

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
RaucousReg
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2010 3:51:09 PM

today4644 wrote:
I cant understand how anyone could miss out on much if you just sit down & work it out! I went to Fat Freddy's Drop @ 20:15 for 1/2 hr (never seen them before & was curious as I'd heard how good they were). I thought they were ok but cant compare w/- the likes of 10CC so moved over there just barely missing the 1st song @ 20:45ish. Found the 1st lot of songs not really my thing (being there to see the old stuff), so moved across to Music Makers Relief Foundation for a bit then back to 10CC to catch all their best stuff in the 2nd 1/2 of the set. That was awesome as were they. Watched them to the end including standing ovation then moved across to Crowded House from 22:00 for 1 hr (during this time they played mostly stuff i didnt recognise, sadly). I guess they were saving it for the 2nd hr. I was happy to see them & after 1hr happy to move on to Supertramp where he was just commencing his best stuff. Oh how fantastic. Heard everything I remembered of the band. So you see there was no reason to miss any of them if you really planned for it. I sat & worked it all out before hand so as not to miss the best of the best. Well done to the organisers! My 1st time & not my last.

Didn't catch a set of anything hey?!?!?

Some would say that is tantamount to not really seeing anything.

namaste
RR