Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

John Butler Trio... Mud... & Romance Options
agent99
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 10:07:59 PM
Groups: Member

A romantic moment at the John Butler Trio concert
I was standing outside of the Mojo, quite near the front, in the squelchy mud, just scanning over the crowd inside (looking for my daughter and her friends).

It wasn't particularly crowded around me, but a young man kept stepping backwards without noticing that he nearly knocked me over - instead he was too busy focussing a small camera towards the ground where I saw another young man, shirtless!, on one knee (propped on a scrap of white plastic!) holding a small box with something shiny inside it -proposing to his girlfriend!!

She looked genuinely surprised, blown away, speechless and overjoyed; her suitor did appear to be quite nervous, so her obvious delight was an obvious relief for him. There was much excitement among their little group of friends (and her sister?) - hugs, kisses, tears, laughter, photos, more hugs and kisses... it was a lovely moment to observe; and I wish them all the best for a happy life.

curlyloc
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 9:25:18 AM

Lovely...

Almost as good as getting married in 2009 in the VIP tent with 90 of your nearest and dearest present!

Buddy Guy is without doubt the best guitar player alive.......the way he plays is beyond anyone. Amen
ScottM
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 12:17:14 PM

curlyloc wrote:
Lovely...

Almost as good as getting married in 2009 in the VIP tent with 90 of your nearest and dearest present!

VIP? Get out amongst the mud! Jambalaya tent on the last night of 2009. That was idyllic. A water side wedding.
Dan...
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 12:20:47 PM

ScottM wrote:
curlyloc wrote:
Lovely...

VIP? Get out amongst the mud! Jambalaya tent on the last night of 2009. That was idyllic. A water side wedding.

ah so you were the other person there for the truckers. great set.

The poster formerly known as Dan
agent99
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 11:27:19 PM

curlyloc wrote:
Lovely...

curlyloc, am i getting this right..... you were MARRIED at the Bluesfest??? And I thought that A PROPOSAL, with John Butler playing, was quite special....

Any photos??
curlyloc
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2010 2:26:49 PM

agent99 wrote:
curlyloc wrote:
Lovely...

curlyloc, am i getting this right..... you were MARRIED at the Bluesfest??? And I thought that A PROPOSAL, with John Butler playing, was quite special....

Any photos??

No public fotos...although some media: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/arts/oconnell-and-andrews-tie-the-knot/story-e6frg8qf-1225697323882

Buddy Guy is without doubt the best guitar player alive.......the way he plays is beyond anyone. Amen