Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

2 day passes for 2011...Thursday and Monday! Options
curlyloc
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:56:37 PM
Groups: Member

Reflecting even further on the BF experience, I must say how much enjoyed Thursday and Monday. These days seem to consistently deliver:
- the die hard blues fans, truly there for the music
- smaller crowds
- excitement/anticipation (Thursday)
- comfortably in the groove vibe (Monday)

Next year I'd consider only attending these 2 days.

Buddy Guy is without doubt the best guitar player alive.......the way he plays is beyond anyone. Amen
ScottM
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:21:30 PM

Thursday felt like the old Thursday again - i.e. smaller crowds and everyone just easing in. The Wolfmother year and the Bernard Fanning year (2007 and 2006 respectively) have memories of being packed. It was was fun to get back to the older feel, because it gets you in the swing of things and is purely about the artists on show - less full on. When I think back to DMB, Amadou and Mariam, Wilco, this year's Lil Band of Gold set, there has been stacks of great stuff on Thursday nights.

But at the same time, after that Friday and Saturday just gone (as well as Sunday day time), there's no way I could agree on skipping the middle portion.

I was at Crossroads on all 5 nights (with a chair - gasp!), but never found it too packed, except for perhaps Buddy Guy. I also note that if I ever left a tent, my chair came with me, so I wasn't "blocking out" the space of others. Anyway - off topic. Each day has its merits, for different reasons.
today4644
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 5:09:44 PM

I am new to Bluesfest and had an awesome time. I agree with curlyloc re Thurs & Mon delivery however Im with you ScottM I couldnt skip the middle portion. Its all too good for different reasons.
ScottM... I hope you werent one of the people who stood in front of their assembled chair and watched! I saw so many people attempting to move through the venue in the dark and falling over chairs it just wasnt funny. So dangerous & inconsiderate. I had a stool myself so am in no way condoning the use of chairs at the event just how they are used.
c0kebloke
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 8:56:59 PM
Groups: Guest

today4644 wrote:
in no way condoning the use of chairs at the event just how they are used.

Agree & the same would go for those that stood on the seats in the established seating areas(grandstands)
I could understand to a degree as others standing had plenty of room at times to move foward thus giving us all a good view but that didnt happen causing a domino effect makeing more & more stand on the seating-frustrating!!