Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Those that will entertain for decades V's Those that it is an honour to be in the same tent as. Options
GreyPowerNo1
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 8:59:25 PM
Groups: Member

Despite the obvious assessment as to the brilliance of this years festival, I have come away with a clear allocation of two categories to comment on - and I would love to hear other inputs here.

1) Those that will entertain for decades - These are the artists that have the world in front of them (despite being new in Australia or other wise) and can simply a brain a live audience with pure musical / vocal skill - to mention a few - Galactic / Daniel Champagne / Jon Cleary / Joe Bonamassa / Eugene Bridges / Crowded House

2) Those that it is merely an honour to be in the same tent as - With these artists I melt with the brilliance of what they submit on stage with an understanding that they may not again be available to Australian audiences going forward - to mention a few Buddy Guy / Jeff Beck / John Mayall / Tal Mahal / 10CC / Roger Hodgson / Peter Green / Cyril Neville - several years ago Buddy Guy went playing into the audience, I was standing in the stalls at the side and he walked up and stopped next to me while he was still playing his amazing guitar solo work, I put my hand on his shoulder. While this was not a big moment for him - my toes are still tingling years later.

This brings me to a very perplexing conclusion based on two points. One can be told to Peter Noble, the other cannot -

a) This was the best festival in the world and within 10 minutes of attending I felt I'd had had my moneys worth. (Do not tell Peter this)

b) I should be working for you Peter Noble !!!! - traveling the world looking for and building relationships with quality artists (and management) to take this festival to the higher levels it deserves. I can see no limit to the global quality level this festival can go to - (Peter - feel free to offer me a job).

Signed - Baby Boomer Peter
GreyPowerNo1
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 9:02:46 PM

GreyPowerNo1 wrote:
Despite the obvious assessment as to the brilliance of this years festival, I have come away with a clear allocation of two categories to comment on - and I would love to hear other inputs here.

1) Those that will entertain for decades - These are the artists that have the world in front of them (despite being new in Australia or other wise) and can simply a brain a live audience with pure musical / vocal skill - to mention a few - Galactic / Daniel Champagne / Jon Cleary / Joe Bonamassa / Eugene Bridges / Crowded House

2) Those that it is merely an honour to be in the same tent as - With these artists I melt with the brilliance of what they submit on stage with an understanding that they may not again be available to Australian audiences going forward - to mention a few Buddy Guy / Jeff Beck / John Mayall / Tal Mahal / 10CC / Roger Hodgson / Peter Green / Cyril Neville - several years ago Buddy Guy went playing into the audience, I was standing in the stalls at the side and he walked up and stopped next to me while he was still playing his amazing guitar solo work, I put my hand on his shoulder. While this was not a big moment for him - my toes are still tingling years later.

This brings me to a very perplexing conclusion based on two points. One can be told to Peter Noble, the other cannot -

a) This was the best festival in the world and within 10 minutes of attending I felt I'd had had my moneys worth. (Do not tell Peter this)

b) I should be working for you Peter Noble !!!! - traveling the world looking for and building relationships with quality artists (and management) to take this festival to the higher levels it deserves. I can see no limit to the global quality level this festival can go to - (Peter - feel free to offer me a job).

Signed - Baby Boomer Peter
greybeard
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 12:50:39 AM

A fine first post, but let down by your second attempt, which I find to be plagiarized in its entirety, without any real relevance.

Why would you suggest that Taj Mahal and Cobber Bloke may not be back? it is unthinkable, Crowded House will entertain for decades REALLY!

Your point A) Sentiments are right but the timing is ridiculous.
Your point B) There's 124 people, that I know, of inline for the O/S gig before you Sir.

P.S. Go and find your own colour.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.