Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

EASTER WEATHER Options
waffles
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 5:24:42 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 2,257
Points: 4,070
Location: lennox head
while i cant find an accurate forcast for byron for easter,this is brisbane rain forcast for the next 28 days.
http://www.weatherchannel.com.au/Magic94scripts/mgrqispi94.dll?appname=WC&prgname=WC&Function=28Day&State=QLD
while the north coast has had a lot of rain-like everywhere else-today was 30 degrees and the humidity was stifling.
good luck to the bluesfest team with their preparation.if this humidity keeps up it could be very cosy? inside the tents.
lets hope for a fine easter.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
zyfert
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 7:10:47 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/9/2008
Posts: 239
Points: 617
Location: Far ne nsw
These things change on almost a daily basis.
Not looking too flash for Easter at this point in time.
A dry week preceding the festival for setup then.....?
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-range-forecast/28-day-rain/nsw/northern-rivers

E.K
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:28:08 AM
Rank: Guest
Groups: Guest

Joined: 7/15/2008
Posts: -906
Points: -30,232
zyfert wrote:
These things change on almost a daily basis.
Not looking too flash for Easter at this point in time.
A dry week preceding the festival for setup then.....?
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-range-forecast/28-day-rain/nsw/northern-rivers



Arrrrggghh! I remember looking at this last year. Was hoping it would be a dry one as Easter falls earlier this year.
wildthing
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:59:36 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 104
Points: 121
Have Wellies and rain poncho,will travel. If your camping.......dig a moat! Is there high ground in the camping area?
JesikaT
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:39:28 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/19/2009
Posts: 38
Points: -303
if this humidity keeps up it could be very cosy? inside the tents. lets hope for a fine easter

I'm with you Mr Waffles - and a note to all you hippies - crystal deodorants just don't work!
curlyloc
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:46:35 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/23/2008
Posts: 225
Points: -110
Location: Newcastle - home of the blues
Death, taxes and rain at Easter in Byron

Buddy Guy is without doubt the best guitar player alive.......the way he plays is beyond anyone. Amen
bluescale
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:53:44 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/21/2009
Posts: 30
Points: 135
Location: Sunshine Coast
The Vans already half packed, I've been told ive gone too far! I just want to be set up in our tent city, like yesterday!! Come rain or shine i'll be doing fine.
waffles
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 6:37:18 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 2,257
Points: 4,070
Location: lennox head
just remember-its always dry on the inside!

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
regards
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:21:56 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/20/2009
Posts: 592
Points: 786
As we all know,Rain is a given at Byron over the period of the Festival,even though the full moon dictates the date.
Last year I wore my lightweight snow boots on the plane up from Melbourne and probably looked like a idiot in the process,but I was happy for the next few days when I had dry feet and comfortable footwear.Be well prepared if you can,as my advice from people who have visited the new site,is that it may be a bit soft.
ScottM
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:55:32 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 862
Points: 2,424
Location: Down Home
I just went through 2 days of solid rain at the Golden Plains festival in Victoria. No marquees as there are at Bluesfest, so it was just me, an army disposal poncho and a prayer. Luckily the hailstorm that hit Melbourne must have bypassed us to the south, so no smashed car or bruises for me. The point of this post is that the music on offer made the conditions bearable (generally), so I expect the same will be the case at BF regardless of what the weather decides to do.

But I will be joining the gumboot gang this year. I will never barefoot it again after last year.
wildthing
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:24:05 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 104
Points: 121
OR thong it, for that matter. Now that Newcastle has had some rain, I can practice wearing my gummies to harden up the ole heels. Any advise on how to avoid blisters would be greatly appreciated.
E.K
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:14:39 PM
Rank: Guest
Groups: Guest

Joined: 7/15/2008
Posts: -906
Points: -30,232
But wasn't it fine and sunny for Bluesfest 2008? I saw photos on the website and it looked beautiful.
zyfert
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:22:16 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/9/2008
Posts: 239
Points: 617
Location: Far ne nsw
E.K wrote:
But wasn't it fine and sunny for Bluesfest 2008? I saw photos on the website and it looked beautiful.


That was the year before last and yes it was fine and sunny even dusty!
Last year 2009 it rained consistently for the first time in a number of years.
This is traditionally wet season in this part of the world.
Z.
JesikaT
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:24:22 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/19/2009
Posts: 38
Points: -303
and who could forget the Big Wet of 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003

There was a brief period when it didn't rain all Easter, every Easter ... and then there was last year, when it didn't stop!
E.K
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:55:44 PM
Rank: Guest
Groups: Guest

Joined: 7/15/2008
Posts: -906
Points: -30,232
zyfert wrote:
E.K wrote:
But wasn't it fine and sunny for Bluesfest 2008? I saw photos on the website and it looked beautiful.


That was the year before last and yes it was fine and sunny even dusty!
Last year 2009 it rained consistently for the first time in a number of years.
This is traditionally wet season in this part of the world.
Z.


Yeah I know ... I was there last year. I wore a pair of old thongs and got stuck in the mud a few times. This year I might invest in a pair of those groovy gum boots.

I live only a couple of hours south of Byron and was in Sydney for many years before here so I know about rain during Easter. That still doesn't stop me from hoping for a fine Easter. :)




groover
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2010 8:06:58 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 22
Points: 66
I have a trusty pair of old comfy boots with a ripple sole that I only wear to Bluesfest. I polish them every year before the festival and have no problem with wet feet. I am anticipating five days with sun and with a smattering of rain here and there. I have been to all 20 so far....some of the best moments at Bluesy over the years have been the times I've been watching some awesome band or individual (such as Joan Armatrading or Arlo Guthrie) and watching/hearing the amazing tropical downpour of my homeland Byron! last year was an anomaly (I choose to believe) and this year will be amazing. as long as the yobs piss off and the sniffer dog/boofy cop combos don't ruin things! see you near the front of the sound desk!
regards
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2010 10:15:09 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/20/2009
Posts: 592
Points: 786
groover wrote:
I have a trusty pair of old comfy boots with a ripple sole that I only wear to Bluesfest. I polish them every year before the festival and have no problem with wet feet. I am anticipating five days with sun and with a smattering of rain here and there. I have been to all 20 so far....some of the best moments at Bluesy over the years have been the times I've been watching some awesome band or individual (such as Joan Armatrading or Arlo Guthrie) and watching/hearing the amazing tropical downpour of my homeland Byron! last year was an anomaly (I choose to believe) and this year will be amazing. as long as the yobs piss off and the sniffer dog/boofy cop combos don't ruin things! see you near the front of the sound desk!


I am with you on the above.
I also remember years ago when I think it may have been the first time at Red Devil and there was a huge storm on one of the early nights and the water was pouring down everywhere and bands were late because flights were cancelled etc,but the good thing was Kenny Neal kept playing and playing, it was a great gig.
1Bindoggie
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2010 10:49:33 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/12/2009
Posts: 55
Points: -54
regards wrote:
groover wrote:
I have a trusty pair of old comfy boots with a ripple sole that I only wear to Bluesfest. I polish them every year before the festival and have no problem with wet feet. I am anticipating five days with sun and with a smattering of rain here and there. I have been to all 20 so far....some of the best moments at Bluesy over the years have been the times I've been watching some awesome band or individual (such as Joan Armatrading or Arlo Guthrie) and watching/hearing the amazing tropical downpour of my homeland Byron! last year was an anomaly (I choose to believe) and this year will be amazing. as long as the yobs piss off and the sniffer dog/boofy cop combos don't ruin things! see you near the front of the sound desk!


I am with you on the above.
I also remember years ago when I think it may have been the first time at Red Devil and there was a huge storm on one of the early nights and the water was pouring down everywhere and bands were late because flights were cancelled etc,but the good thing was Kenny Neal kept playing and playing, it was a great gig.


Me too

Im up for 21 this year and I'll be disappointed if it doesnt rain. Ive also worked to get the right footwear for the conditions. I used to suffer badly from a sore back and neck on about day 2-3 but these days, Im pretty comfortable all week

I was at that gig at Red Devil when the clouds opened as Kenny Neal played "Blues Falling Down Like Rain" and I can still picture the look on his face as it started to hammer down in the second chorus. From that moment, they lifted another couple of notches and a magic festival was well underway

Starting to get excited now
RaucousReg
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 4:40:19 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/23/2009
Posts: 353
Points: 632

What year was the huge storm just as pholk were leaving Red Devil?

namaste
RR
c0kebloke
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 5:07:53 AM
Rank: Guest
Groups: Guest

Joined: 7/15/2008
Posts: -906
Points: -30,232
I think it may have been sat 2006.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
This page was generated in 0.190 seconds.