Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Friday at the Crossroads ...... Options
repete
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 8:20:23 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 984
Points: 3,079
Pick the odd one out...

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
curlyloc
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:51:36 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/23/2008
Posts: 225
Points: -110
Location: Newcastle - home of the blues
Yet to be announced?

Buddy Guy is without doubt the best guitar player alive.......the way he plays is beyond anyone. Amen
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:55:29 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 3,858
Points: 9,357
Location: 46* South
A Brill building photo from 1963.Barry Mann at the piano with Cynthia Weil on the left and Carole King on the right.


By theloneranger at 2010-02-20

The Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show on February 9th 1964.

That marked a major turning point in popular music,with the balance of power changing from the keyboard to the guitar.

Dr John is a keyboard player.

The other acts have the guitar as their lead instrument.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
repete
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 11:12:58 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 984
Points: 3,079
TheLoneRanger wrote:

Dr John is a keyboard player.

The other acts have the guitar as their lead instrument.


Nailed it Patrick....I fully expect the Doctor to lay down the voodoo phonk and set the tone for what will follow. Interestingly, Mac started out as a guitarist with the bands he was in during the 50's until an unfortunate episode with a gun - he still does play from time to time. I would argue he's had the most "colourful" life of any of this year's artists.

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
waffles
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 11:44:46 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 2,258
Points: 4,073
Location: lennox head
should be -what a night,such a night.....

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
regards
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 8:08:25 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/20/2009
Posts: 594
Points: 792
repete wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:

Dr John is a keyboard player.

The other acts have the guitar as their lead instrument.


Nailed it Patrick....I fully expect the Doctor to lay down the voodoo phonk and set the tone for what will follow. Interestingly, Mac started out as a guitarist with the bands he was in during the 50's until an unfortunate episode with a gun - he still does play from time to time. I would argue he's had the most "colourful" life of any of this year's artists.

Gooday Pete a couple of years ago at the Ponderosa Stomp.I saw the good Doc playing guitar and it was interesting indeed,I think that they were some songs that
he had written but never recorded years ago..
repete
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:48:36 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 984
Points: 3,079
regards wrote:
repete wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:

Dr John is a keyboard player.

The other acts have the guitar as their lead instrument.


Nailed it Patrick....I fully expect the Doctor to lay down the voodoo phonk and set the tone for what will follow. Interestingly, Mac started out as a guitarist with the bands he was in during the 50's until an unfortunate episode with a gun - he still does play from time to time. I would argue he's had the most "colourful" life of any of this year's artists.

Gooday Pete a couple of years ago at the Ponderosa Stomp.I saw the good Doc playing guitar and it was interesting indeed,I think that they were some songs that
he had written but never recorded years ago..


I would've loved to have been at the Stomp that year and see the Doctor play some of his really old stuff. I read somewhere that he found it a real challenge to get his head around those really old tunes he otherwise never plays these days. The Ponderosa Stomp is an amazing event - there are people who go to New Orleans during jazzfest just to see the Stomp (and not jazzfest).

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
regards
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 11:04:02 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/20/2009
Posts: 594
Points: 792
repete wrote:
regards wrote:
repete wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:

Dr John is a keyboard player.

The other acts have the guitar as their lead instrument.


Nailed it Patrick....I fully expect the Doctor to lay down the voodoo phonk and set the tone for what will follow. Interestingly, Mac started out as a guitarist with the bands he was in during the 50's until an unfortunate episode with a gun - he still does play from time to time. I would argue he's had the most "colourful" life of any of this year's artists.

Gooday Pete a couple of years ago at the Ponderosa Stomp.I saw the good Doc playing guitar and it was interesting indeed,I think that they were some songs that
he had written but never recorded years ago..


I would've loved to have been at the Stomp that year and see the Doctor play some of his really old stuff. I read somewhere that he found it a real challenge to get his head around those really old tunes he otherwise never plays these days. The Ponderosa Stomp is an amazing event - there are people who go to New Orleans during jazzfest just to see the Stomp (and not jazzfest).

The stomp has beeen moved this year and is not during Jazzfest anymore.Not that I would have gone anyway,I dont like the HOB very much.
Anyway I look forward to seeing the Doc at BluesFest.I remember years ago when he played at Red Devil with a fair size band and did his whole Nite Tripper thing etc and it was great.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
This page was generated in 0.114 seconds.