Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Clashes Options
repete
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2010 10:31:16 PM
Groups: Member

Far too numerous to mention. If you see me wandering in a daze, just point me in the direction of L'il Band of Gold....

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
repete
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:03:03 AM

The more I look at the bill, the more dazed I get. There's a lot of "small print" acts I want to see, so may sacrifice seeing some of my dearly loved favourites.....then again, I could easily be led astray down some other path. I want to see the Flood, Mojo Juju, Joe Robinson, The Gang They Couldn't Hang, the Greencards, Justin Townes Earle, Ray Beadle, Old Crow Medicine Show, the Dynamites and a host of others, but how is it do-able if I still want to see the likes of Taj, Jools Holland, John Mayall??

At this stage my absolute must sees are the Doctor, L'il Band of Gold, Galactic/Cyril Neville, Buddy, Peter Green, Fleck/Sangare.

The idea of running from venue to venue appeals less with each passing year, plus the site is huge - and this poor ol' fossil ain't getting any younger!

A pathetic whinge really.....six and a bit weeks to go - bring it on!!!

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
janetk
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:30:20 AM

Thanks for the 'whinge' repete.

Bluesfest is part of my mid-life crisis. Can't afford a big house, not interested in a flash car, just looking to get more awesome music in my life - and get out there and enjoy it.

Question is where to start - so others' must sees and regretted clashes help me work out where I want to start to explore. And once I'm there I'm sure I'll get lost in the fun and pleasure of it all and get hooked on my own favourites. Great to hear there'll be an amazing mix of high quality choice.

I agree ... bring it on!
johnnymac
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:32:25 AM

Hey Repete,

I have been frustrated other years on how I manage everything I want to see, but this year is dynamite!
Normally the big names normally rule for me, (I'm of the Crossroads/Jamalaya set) but this year the so called 'lesser' acts are so strong there are some I just must see.......somehow!!! Most days I could stand in one spot for 12 hours and be as happyas a mudlark!!!

Make sure you add Joe Bonamassa to your must see!!
regards
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010 11:19:03 AM

I here you Pete.
I will follow my method of making sure that I see some of the older artists that may not keep touring that much anymore.Peter Green springs to mind there.
And apart from that I will just wing it.I am over the running fron stage to stage,ive done that often enough at JazzFest and I spill too much beer.And last year at Belongil if you tried to run you slipped over.
waffles
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010 4:39:39 PM

i think JOHN MAYALL is a must.i feel this may be his last oz tour.i think hes 76.for true blues lovers hes a must just for the dues hes paid.
and the possibility of other artists joining him onstage.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
repete
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 1:49:47 AM

janetk wrote:
Bluesfest is part of my mid-life crisis.

hehe...I'm with you Janet...my mid-life crisis started a decade or so ago and may it keep rolling along!!!

And Bryce, here's always hoping there's an improvement in the beer at both events!! Although there's not a bad wheat beer sold at the back of the blues tent at jazzfest in a plastic glass ....:-))

Hangin' out on Frenchmen