Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

schedule Options
collives620000
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 9:22:09 AM
Groups: Member

I see, in an answer to a question on the Bluesfest facebook page, admin suggest to expect a daily start time of 2pm. Is this right? Last year by memory was more like 12.30
golfpunk69
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 11:04:01 AM

Ordinarily it's about 4pm on the Thursday, and about midday on the other 4 days. Closes up around midnight Thurs-Sun, and around 10.30 on Monday.

But maybe they've changed it round this year?
bonddm20020000
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 11:23:40 AM

golfpunk69 wrote:
Ordinarily it's about 4pm on the Thursday, and about midday on the other 4 days. Closes up around midnight Thurs-Sun, and around 10.30 on Monday.

But maybe they've changed it round this year?

The smaller stages still run till midnight on the Monday.

andrewfuller620000
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 12:27:06 PM

This could be in response to some of the poor early crowds.....nothing worse for a band at a festival to have few, if any in the crowd. However, would be easy to have two of the smaller stages, say Delta and Jambalaya, start from 12 - 12.30 (diehard music/festival fans are then catered for), then the large stages start around 2 when the greater part of the crowd has started to come in.

Might also be about having a clearer run of getting people to eat lunch before the bands start, assuming the stallholders are allowed to open at that time....better off as a festival in NSW if you are seen to be promoting responsible drinking habits by encouraging people to eat beforehand (and thereby reducing the number of potential hours in a day that people are drinking).

Also means costs are lowered because you aren't having to have as many artists due to the reduced hours per day (though this would be a very sad thing if this proves to be the case).

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."
reader57
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2019 1:49:18 PM

With all the publicity that the change has brokered, I doubt if anyone is unaware of the parking charge.

However, some may try it on with feigned ignorance! All that will do is upset the people behind them in line as delays mount.

Would it be more fluid to have a lane for pre-paid parking and one for pay on the day?

Anyway, enough hi-jack!

I did not like the early release of the schedule as it changed a few times before the festival as it was tweaked. I re-worked my plan at least twenty times. In the end I used it off the phone to see who was playing next and then went there. This changed as my interest was peaked by something I heard on the way. The schedule is really good for me to plan my down times so I can rest my weary bones. But otherwise, just surprise me!!
zabadooba
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 2:21:03 PM

collives620000 wrote:
I see, in an answer to a question on the Bluesfest facebook page, admin suggest to expect a daily start time of 2pm. Is this right? Last year by memory was more like 12.30

Glad to see that this wasn't true. One wonders why admin would give this misleading information out?
So now the planning starts.

It is annoying and kinda mystifying given we have 5 main headliners and out of those Paul Kelly and the Saboteura are playing at the same time.
zabadooba
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 2:21:04 PM

collives620000 wrote:

Glad to see that this wasn't true. One wonders why admin would give this misleading information out?
So now the planning starts.

It is annoying and kinda mystifying given we have 5 main headliners and out of those Paul Kelly and the Saboteura are playing at the same time.
BC1987
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 2:31:46 PM

have already put together a schedule for the festival, well a draft at least & will probably make some slight changes as i'm sure there will be one or two changes to the schedule as there always is each year but if nothing changes i am pretty happy with my plans.
mccin0000
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 2:33:04 PM

Nahko on a world tour playing the likes of the 02 and Red Rocks - doing a 6pm slot on opening night - this is farcical.

The next night he’s clashing with 2 international headliners.

Surely he should be elevated on opening night. It’s got to be a mistake.
kielsteel
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 3:35:24 PM

So.....whos Thursday's headliner?
BC1987
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 3:47:15 PM

i would assume the thursday headliner would be a split between ocean alley for the kids & little steven for the rest of us, just my thoughts on that one.
mccin0000
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 3:58:48 PM

BC1987 wrote:
i would assume the thursday headliner would be a split between ocean alley for the kids & little steven for the rest of us, just my thoughts on that one.

True but what about the ones that are in between the kids and the grown ups. Nahko at 6pm messes up people’s medication dosages. He will also be missed by many the next night clashing with the popular international superstar types.
zabadooba
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 4:10:56 PM

mccin0000 wrote:
BC1987 wrote:

True but what about the ones that are in between the kids and the grown ups. Nahko at 6pm messes up people’s medication dosages. He will also be missed by many the next night clashing with the popular international superstar types.

Having heard good things I made sure to catch Nahko last year. And tbh whilst he was ok there was nothing that made me think here was the next big thing. Yeah he got the kids to wave their hands about, the stoned wannabe hippies loved all the eco themes then proceeded to drop their rubbish on the ground but I was left thinking 'what is the fuss about?'

Other than Little Steven the Thursday highlights are most likely coming from the ladies on the bill Ruthie, Melody, Mavis and Samantha
eileenk9
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 7:07:45 PM

I saw Nahko as a solo act at Mullumbimby Music Festival several years ago and thought he was great.. not so keen on him with his band though.