Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Above and Beyond music festival warning Options
greybeard
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2018 12:41:51 PM

Groups: Member

Years of McCain's partitioning the government for tougher rules for those the dogs select have just paid off

'Abuse of powers': Drug dogs to be used to deny entry to Above and Beyond festival

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/abuse-of-powers-drug-dogs-to-be-used-to-deny-entry-to-above-and-beyond-festival-20180606-p4zjqv.html

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2018 1:10:55 PM

Was reading something online about this.
The dogs are able to pickup on such small particles if someone were on a bus or in a cab & another person spilled the smallest amount you could easy sit in it & cop a ban.
They say no fine or conviction but the $130 entry fee is still going to cost.
What if it’s a false positive result?
Over the top & not necessary.

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
c0kebloke
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2018 5:26:13 PM

Seems they offer a refund but still label you as suspect & ruin your enjoyment of the event.
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/nsw-police-banning-entry-if-sniffer-dog-sits-down-near-punter/9840892

Yeah, yeah, yeah

skot20_58
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2018 6:44:39 PM

c0kebloke wrote:
Seems they offer a refund but still label you as suspect & ruin your enjoyment of the event.
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/nsw-police-banning-entry-if-sniffer-dog-sits-down-near-punter/9840892

If I where the organisers of bluesfest I’d be watching this latest development carefully. If I was denied entry to bluesfest for being suspected of having drugs but none was found I’d never return.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
mccin0000
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2018 9:08:51 PM

It’s good to see that the police force are employing people with severe mental health issues. While the rest of the world moves to legalise herb some village idiot or insane person here decides that guilt by suspicion is a reasonable approach to law enforcement. Anyone with two eyes and an ounce of common sense can see the dogs are sometimes coaxed by their handlers and can be very easily trained to sit next to people on command, a little pull here on the lead and it’s sit boy.

So what this means is if a cop simply doesn’t like the look of you - you can’t go in.

It’s obviously illegal and will fall over as soon as it’s challenged - why do I say that? - simply because they would be doing this at airports right now if it was - to protect the public. Someone gets stopped boarding a plane because a dog sat next to them - if they are innocent they will go legal and if they went legal they would receive compo and a precedent would be set and this very obviously flawed approach gets scrapped.

I’m sure some trolls will think it’s a good idea and I pray for these people and their families who are complicit in the erosion of the nations civil liberties. This type of rubbish probably doesn’t even fly in North Korea. No civilised country should tolerate this kind of nonsense.

freexone
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2018 6:55:54 PM

mccin0000 wrote:
It’s good to see that the police force are employing people with severe mental health issues. While the rest of the world moves to legalise herb some village idiot or insane person here decides that guilt by suspicion is a reasonable approach to law enforcement. Anyone with two eyes and an ounce of common sense can see the dogs are sometimes coaxed by their handlers and can be very easily trained to sit next to people on command, a little pull here on the lead and it’s sit boy.

So what this means is if a cop simply doesn’t like the look of you - you can’t go in.

It’s obviously illegal and will fall over as soon as it’s challenged - why do I say that? - simply because they would be doing this at airports right now if it was - to protect the public. Someone gets stopped boarding a plane because a dog sat next to them - if they are innocent they will go legal and if they went legal they would receive compo and a precedent would be set and this very obviously flawed approach gets scrapped.

I’m sure some trolls will think it’s a good idea and I pray for these people and their families who are complicit in the erosion of the nations civil liberties. This type of rubbish probably doesn’t even fly in North Korea. No civilised country should tolerate this kind of nonsense.

110%
There were too many police doggies at the gate this year, enforcement was rigorous..
I know, someone will say, he (the doggie) was only on duty for a total of 4-6 hours over the whole 5 days,
but fact is the police were showing that they could again hold their end up,
play their (budget limited) part in this farce, and strike another blow in the never ending "war on drugs".
and remember a police-person is entitled to double-time, (at least) pay, plus allowances, over the Easter period.
What other reason could explain that they so blatantly miss the main days of the festival?
Some believe that therin lies the essence of this tragic joke.
Money and limited police budget allocations are, as usual, the absolute and main consideration.

The Donald would be proud!
c0kebloke
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 6:58:11 PM

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/crime/festivalgoer-barred-for-six-months-despite-testing-negative-for-drugs/news-story/4509b40c6d07b7d3f769c955c37b269e

Yeah, yeah, yeah

skot20_58
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 4:34:50 AM

c0kebloke wrote:
https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/crime/festivalgoer-barred-for-six-months-despite-testing-negative-for-drugs/news-story/4509b40c6d07b7d3f769c955c37b269e

Imagine if this happened on a Thursday or Friday at Bluesfest to a baby boomer. “No sorry you are banned from bluesfest” why?!?!?
“We’ve found zero contraband but the dog sat so see ya!” I can’t imagine it would end very well. This is a truly concerning turn of events. I feel for N.S.W these similar things happened in Queensland under Newman. What a farce. Im trying to understand why police want to shut down music festivals? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?