Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Ben Harper, Charlie Musselwhite Detail New Album 'No Mercy In This Land. Options
andrewfuller620000
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 10:41:10 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/6/2017
Posts: 153
Points: 280
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Bradders wrote:
BC1987 wrote:
you can count on ben harper at bluesfest next year, i'm not sure if you guys caught this interview a few weeks back but mr harper all but confirms his spot on the 30th anniversary, well thats the way i interpreted it anyway.
https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/ben-harper-just-invited-himself-to-bluesfest/3365796/


As long as he doesn't dial it in like he did a few years back.


I would imagine a few of the bigger artists would already be locked in. So many of them have the bones of their schedules booked a couple of years in advance.

"The white man had the schmaltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news...."
bonddm20020000
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 8:15:14 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/21/2016
Posts: 456
Points: -3,950
greybeard
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 8:35:05 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 1,598
Points: 2,228
Location: Sydney Northern Beaches
Got a box seat at the SOH
They wont release the E-Ticket till the morning of the event !!
Wasn't the format for Billy Bragg & Joe Henry
Worried that although each hazard is unlikely, there are enough to be of possible concern
Local blackout - NBN down - Email service out - computer not working - printer not working - Opera House failure
What staff would be available at the Opera House on Sunday to deal with a few or mass calls ?
Why leave things to the last minuet ?
Anyone else affected




Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
mgwfall
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2018 11:03:23 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/6/2009
Posts: 587
Points: -437
greybeard wrote:
Got a box seat at the SOH
They wont release the E-Ticket till the morning of the event !!
Wasn't the format for Billy Bragg & Joe Henry
Worried that although each hazard is unlikely, there are enough to be of possible concern
Local blackout - NBN down - Email service out - computer not working - printer not working - Opera House failure
What staff would be available at the Opera House on Sunday to deal with a few or mass calls ?
Why leave things to the last minuet ?
Anyone else affected




Then it's a bit strange they have already posted out my hard copy ticket in the mail, arrived this morning.
Some tickets for Vivid events I purchased in March, were held back sending until May (they arrived this morning as well).
BC1987
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 3:24:30 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/22/2012
Posts: 643
Points: 1,009
Location: lismore nsw
for those interested a show at the tivoli in brisbane on friday july 20 was announced on monday & is on sale today at 11am, i will be picking up tickets as soon as they go on sale as this should be one of the top shows of the year.
skot20_58
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 4:38:53 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/26/2008
Posts: 950
Points: -741
BC1987 wrote:
for those interested a show at the tivoli in brisbane on friday july 20 was announced on monday & is on sale today at 11am, i will be picking up tickets as soon as they go on sale as this should be one of the top shows of the year.



Man I really like the Tivoli. Seems some really great bands there over the years. Kinda remember nds me of the old Arena.


Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
greybeard
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2018 6:46:30 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 1,598
Points: 2,228
Location: Sydney Northern Beaches
Will Charlie be at the Opera House ????
This email raises more questions than it answers

**************************************************

Sometimes the best laid plans don't work out. This is just a heads up that Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite at the Sydney Opera House on Sunday the 22nd of July 2018 will be starting a bit later than originally planned.

Start Time

The starting time has moved from 7.30pm to 8.30pm. Doors will now be opening at 7.30pm.

Ben Harper will be on stage from 8.30pm*. There will be no support act and no interval.

*All times are approximate and may be subject to change.

Ticket Delivery

Your tickets for admission will be issued directly by the Sydney Opera House.

If you elected to receive your tickets electronically, the Sydney Opera House will issue them via email early on the morning of the event.

If you elected to collect your tickets from the venue box office, please arrive early on the day of the event.

Please note that the credit card holder is the only person authorised to collect the tickets, and for identification purposes they must show Photo ID, the credit card used to make the purchase and the account confirmation number.

Anything else you need to know?

Our FAQ Page lists most of the common questions and latest event info. Add it to your bookmarks and stay on top of the latest news regarding your event.

That’s it for now, but if anything else comes up, we’ll be in touch.

Enjoy the show,

Ticketmaster Customer Service Team

********************
Ben will be on stage ????
Still not happy about only being able to print the ticket ON THE DAY ?????????


Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
skot20_58
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2018 7:46:37 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/26/2008
Posts: 950
Points: -741
greybeard wrote:
Will Charlie be at the Opera House ????
This email raises more questions than it answers

**************************************************

Sometimes the best laid plans don't work out. This is just a heads up that Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite at the Sydney Opera House on Sunday the 22nd of July 2018 will be starting a bit later than originally planned.

Start Time

The starting time has moved from 7.30pm to 8.30pm. Doors will now be opening at 7.30pm.

Ben Harper will be on stage from 8.30pm*. There will be no support act and no interval.

*All times are approximate and may be subject to change.

Ticket Delivery

Your tickets for admission will be issued directly by the Sydney Opera House.

If you elected to receive your tickets electronically, the Sydney Opera House will issue them via email early on the morning of the event.

If you elected to collect your tickets from the venue box office, please arrive early on the day of the event.

Please note that the credit card holder is the only person authorised to collect the tickets, and for identification purposes they must show Photo ID, the credit card used to make the purchase and the account confirmation number.

Anything else you need to know?

Our FAQ Page lists most of the common questions and latest event info. Add it to your bookmarks and stay on top of the latest news regarding your event.

That’s it for now, but if anything else comes up, we’ll be in touch.

Enjoy the show,

Ticketmaster Customer Service Team

********************
Ben will be on stage ????
Still not happy about only being able to print the ticket ON THE DAY ?????????



Charlie is appearing via video link.


Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
greybeard
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2018 8:42:26 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 1,598
Points: 2,228
Location: Sydney Northern Beaches


Was thinking maybe the printing on the day was to stop scalping but see Viagogo is quoting a $300 price tag !!



Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
eileenk9
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2018 8:56:24 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/24/2011
Posts: 1,071
Points: -2,737
Location: Maclean, Northern NSW
Ben is on the lineup for Splendour this weekend. Would love to see him at Bluesfest in 2019. Hopefully his good friend Eddie will be there too.

bonddm20020000
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2018 9:21:37 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/21/2016
Posts: 456
Points: -3,950
skot20_58 wrote:
greybeard wrote:
Will Charlie be at the Opera House ????
This email raises more questions than it answers

**************************************************

Sometimes the best laid plans don't work out. This is just a heads up that Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite at the Sydney Opera House on Sunday the 22nd of July 2018 will be starting a bit later than originally planned.

Start Time

The starting time has moved from 7.30pm to 8.30pm. Doors will now be opening at 7.30pm.

Ben Harper will be on stage from 8.30pm*. There will be no support act and no interval.

*All times are approximate and may be subject to change.

Ticket Delivery

Your tickets for admission will be issued directly by the Sydney Opera House.

If you elected to receive your tickets electronically, the Sydney Opera House will issue them via email early on the morning of the event.

If you elected to collect your tickets from the venue box office, please arrive early on the day of the event.

Please note that the credit card holder is the only person authorised to collect the tickets, and for identification purposes they must show Photo ID, the credit card used to make the purchase and the account confirmation number.

Anything else you need to know?

Our FAQ Page lists most of the common questions and latest event info. Add it to your bookmarks and stay on top of the latest news regarding your event.

That’s it for now, but if anything else comes up, we’ll be in touch.

Enjoy the show,

Ticketmaster Customer Service Team

********************
Ben will be on stage ????
Still not happy about only being able to print the ticket ON THE DAY ?????????



Charlie is appearing via video link.

I was at the Melbourne gig and can confirm that Charlie appears via hologram.
bucetti1
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2018 1:34:44 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/20/2011
Posts: 986
Points: 157
Really good show last night in Canberra.
Both in great form.

When they go low-we go high.
regards
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2018 4:15:50 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/20/2009
Posts: 581
Points: 753
look forward to seeing them at Splendour tomorrow night.

It will be interesting to see how many of the kiddies come to watch the gig
c0kebloke
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2018 7:34:05 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/23/2011
Posts: 879
Points: -4,486
Location: Struggletown
regards wrote:
look forward to seeing them at Splendour tomorrow night.

It will be interesting to see how many of the kiddies come to watch the gig

Be interesting to see how many go for the free upgrade to the vip area …rumour has it they will be giving away free “raincoats” (the rubber type) this year as well. https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/young-people-asked-to-take-sti-test-in-exchange-for-entry-to-vip-area-at-splendour-in-the-grass/news-story/83da015a51285592740ac09dcb78136e



They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah


The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
regards
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2018 7:58:22 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/20/2009
Posts: 581
Points: 753
c0kebloke wrote:
regards wrote:
look forward to seeing them at Splendour tomorrow night.

It will be interesting to see how many of the kiddies come to watch the gig

Be interesting to see how many go for the free upgrade to the vip area …rumour has it they will be giving away free “raincoats” (the rubber type) this year as well. https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/young-people-asked-to-take-sti-test-in-exchange-for-entry-to-vip-area-at-splendour-in-the-grass/news-story/83da015a51285592740ac09dcb78136e


That is funny and sort of true. But it is Newscorp by the look of it

The VIP area that they refer to is adjacent to where the tests are done and is in the middle of the campground and there are no stages or bars anywhere near it.

So it is their own VIP area

It does provide decent dunnies though, and a big shaded tent and couches I think, and they had some techno type stuff playing which their clients were liking I was told.

I declined a test though.
BC1987
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2018 11:15:54 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/22/2012
Posts: 643
Points: 1,009
Location: lismore nsw
just got back from the tivoli & man what a show ben & charlie put on with 2 & a quarter hours of brilliance. if you have the chance catch this show as they are not to be missed & hopefully they will return in april for bluesfest.
greybeard
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2018 3:53:59 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 1,598
Points: 2,228
Location: Sydney Northern Beaches

BC1987 and bucetti1 thanks for the reassurance

bonddm20020000 and skot20_58
Liar Shame on you

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
bonddm20020000
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2018 11:25:45 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/21/2016
Posts: 456
Points: -3,950
mgwfall
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2018 10:56:34 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/6/2009
Posts: 587
Points: -437
greybeard wrote:
[size=6]Will Charlie be at the Opera House ????
This email raises more questions than it answers

**************************************************

[color=green]Sometimes the best laid plans don't work out. This is just a heads up that Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite at the Sydney Opera House on Sunday the 22nd of July 2018 will be starting a bit later than originally planned.

Start Time

The starting time has moved from 7.30pm to 8.30pm. Doors will now be opening at 7.30pm.

Ben Harper will be on stage from 8.30pm*. There will be no support act and no interval.



Happy to report, Charlie was definitely in The House. Best bits were the guitar harp jams, both with Ben on slide & also with the lead guitarist (sorry, forgot his name). Second best bits were Charlie's songs (except maybe that song in the encore run that lyrically was a bit un PC).

Ben did waffle on a bit a few times, once he even mentioned Charlie told him to start playing a song. Not sure about a 6/7 song encore....when does it become a second set?

Random observation, the intimidating effect of the Concert Hall in The Opera House on audiences seems to be wearing off......a bit of a pub crowd vibe at times.

The $122 ticket price......money well spent!



Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
This page was generated in 0.209 seconds.