Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Relevance of forum Options
c0kebloke
Posted: Saturday, February 24, 2018 3:51:11 PM
Groups: Member

regards wrote:

A forum is a place for people to exchange view points and opinions and not all will pro event obviously.

Plenty of people myself included have gained lots of information about a variety of things from this forum, and I hope that common sense will reign and that the forum will continue.

My thinking as well.
I think some became frustrated after seeing the set times & at first no info was available & after the reason was given some may not of been happy but it is what it is.
As for the forum itself would it not be better to not tar all with the same brush?
After all the admin said a small group of members were to blame for the threat of no longer having the forum.
Dealing with individual cases rather than punishing everyone would be a fairer & more common sense reaction.
In the past a warning or even two would pull people in line & on more than a few occasions other members have politely asked for calm & it worked.

As has been mentioned this is not just a place to come to to share our thoughts but if we can help out others in regard to questions they may have about the fest.
I know I’ve found out a lot about bf Here (particularly in my early days of attending)
If it weren’t for this forum I would not of had the chance not only of experiencing some great music but I would never of had the chance to meet up with some of the most wonderful music loving once a year mates… in my view those sort of things go beyond any nit picking that at times take place here on this forum.

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
reddragon
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:11:09 PM

Vote 1 - To Keep the Forum!
deapeasea0000
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 3:26:28 PM

gonna miss y'all.

shoutouts to pete, maccain/eileen, patrick, howlin bindog, raucous reg.

keep it real. never forget your roots.
eileenk9
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 5:19:32 PM

deapeasea0000 wrote:
gonna miss y'all.

shoutouts to pete, maccain/eileen, patrick, howlin bindog, raucous reg.

keep it real. never forget your roots.

ffs I am not maccain! Shame on you
waffles
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 5:21:10 PM

i was waiting for that. hehehe.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
bucetti1
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 5:26:36 PM

Eileen.
If you're Maccain I'm Jesus Christ.

When they go low-we go high.
tonyivits
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 12:37:23 PM

As BF approaches and anticipation mounts more posts relevant to it are appearing so maybe the forum still has a place-let's hope so.
bucetti1
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2018 2:43:00 PM

That's the problem in my opinion.Post
traffic is very low during the year .

When they go low-we go high.
nelson7007
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 6:43:16 PM

So the forum is still here. Good news. Enough said on the subject so back to the music and just a little request - please update the app. My Thursday planner has to change but still got the old start times. Thanks
steveakers
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 12:56:00 PM

Some really good points made above. It would be a terrible shame to see the forum go. I was a user of facebook and quite liked it in the early days (Lou Reed liked my post, my friends never heard the end of it) but I don't like what it has become and would delete my account if I owned it, but I don't own it, facebook does. If the forum is killed off, then Luddites like myself would have no way of interacting with Bluesfest administration and other punters.

This will be my 18th consecutive bluesfest and usually I buy my ticket as soon as they go on sale. I generally check in on the forum pretty regularly and get some good tips off it but rarely post anything unless I have got something to say. Generally I only post about artists I would like to see at future Bluesfests. I recently saw Primal Scream, a band that has been here three times in the last ten years or so playing small venues like The Tivoli. I think they would be perfect to close out one of the big stages and made a post straight after the gig. My first post in a year or so, but then again it was my first gig in a year or so too. (I live in Whoop Whoop)

The forum has other uses, over the years there have been issues at bluesfest such as crowd control at the signing tent, dodgy showers and incessant tap-tap-tapping on bongo drums all night in the campgrounds. By and large the criticism of these issues was polite and constructive and the issues were fixed the next year.

In short, I think a lot more people read this forum than post on it. If the volume of posts were a lot higher such as on platforms like facebook, then surely it would be a lot more work for the administrator to cull the hate mail from the general traffic.