Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

JAZZFEST IS CANCELLED! Options
gertyson0000
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 5:44:47 PM
Groups: Member

Yep Jazz fest cancelled

It’s not a great line up and some punters would be unsure as to why there is non stop chatter about a festival on another continent several months away when BF is on in a few weeks? One person said its as annoying as those Chinese sneaker spam posts from a few years ago.

Is it a sign that the line up is a re hashing of regular artists and there’s no real risky artists after being booked therefore there’s nothing to say that hasn’t been said already?

Some might say that the risk that was taken was the pop star girl on Thurs night. There has been practically no interest in her on this forum.

Would be good to see one or two more quality names being added. While we are rehashing why don’t we bring Nahko back - he was brilliant last year and will be a good alternative to some of the older generational acts that will be closing the shows. Granted his last album the solo offering was a collection of b sides with inane dribbling conversations with himself as skits.. some songs sounded as if they were straight out of the guy Sebastian playbook too. But yeah bring him back.

Cancel this annoying Jazzfest shite till after Easter please lads.
regards
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 8:49:01 PM

gertyson0000 wrote:
Yep Jazz fest cancelled

It’s not a great line up and some punters would be unsure as to why there is non stop chatter about a festival on another continent several months away when BF is on in a few weeks? One person said its as annoying as those Chinese sneaker spam posts from a few years ago.

Is it a sign that the line up is a re hashing of regular artists and there’s no real risky artists after being booked therefore there’s nothing to say that hasn’t been said already?

Some might say that the risk that was taken was the pop star girl on Thurs night. There has been practically no interest in her on this forum.

Would be good to see one or two more quality names being added. While we are rehashing why don’t we bring Nahko back - he was brilliant last year and will be a good alternative to some of the older generational acts that will be closing the shows. Granted his last album the solo offering was a collection of b sides with inane dribbling conversations with himself as skits.. some songs sounded as if they were straight out of the guy Sebastian playbook too. But yeah bring him back.

No stop chatter indeed.

Please check the time line on the various posts.

I have been astounded as to why there have not been as many Blues Fest related posts in recent days.

And that the JazzFest minimal talk has stayed at the the top.

I think that the reason for that, is probably the over zealous moderating in recent years, for want of a better term.

Which sadly seems to have driven a lot of people away.

Who used to post frequently
littlewillie
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:05:37 AM

regards wrote:
gertyson0000 wrote:
Yep Jazz fest cancelled

No stop chatter indeed.

Please check the time line on the various posts.

I have been astounded as to why there have not been as many Blues Fest related posts in recent days.

And that the JazzFest minimal talk has stayed at the the top.

I think that the reason for that, is probably the over zealous moderating in recent years, for want of a better term.

Which sadly seems to have driven a lot of people away.

Who used to post frequently

I believe it's the irregular announcements Seems like it's a long time inbetween drinks.

youngbill
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 3:56:12 PM

I for one like the jazzfest chatter, as long as actual jazz is not discussed, obviously!
valkrie
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 1:08:59 PM

I enjoy the chit chat and the updates re any New Orleans festival. It is on my bucket list to go to New Orleans and hopefully to Jazzfest. I enjoyed the jazz last year eg. The Miles Electric Band, got to meet the guys who were super nice. I also liked Snarky Puppy too, such a talented bunch of young musicians. Jazz is so versatile, especially when funk is combined. Bring on the jazz Peter please.