Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Future Artist Suggestion Options
Mldaurizio
Posted: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 6:39:34 AM
Groups: Member

I'd like to suggest Melanie Safka as a perfect artist to perform at Bluesfest. Remember 'Brand New Key', 'Lay Down(Candles In The Rain)', 'Ruby Tuesday', 'What Have They Done To My Song, Ma?', 'The Nickel Song',etc. from the sixties? More recently 'People In The Front Row' (1972) which The Hilltop Hoods sampled and gave their own special treatment to in their hit single 'The Nosebleed Section' in 2004.
She was amazing in the sixties...brilliant at Woodstock and the quintessential embodiment of Peace, Love and the joyful power of music.
Throughout her career she has won an Emmy award, 28 singles released have charted around the world-many at number 1, she has recorded 37 albums and been inducted into halls of fame at various locations and the recipient of a lifetime achievement award at the Artist's Music Guild's AMG awards 2015.
Anyhoo, in June 2014 she performed to a standing room only crowd at the Star Court Theatre in Lismore...o....m....G...-AMAZING!!!!!!
Sure, she's a little old hippy sorta lady but boy, she owned the stage and the unequivocal adoration of everyone present. Her voice was in perfect condition, she was funny, insightful and the warmth and enthusiasm she shared with the crowd lasted long after the show was over.The band were really tight and her teenage son plays the most incredible guitar.
Melanie has played at some of the biggest and best known festivals in the world. She was one of only three solo women to perform at Woodstock in 1969 where the crowds' unprecedented response to her performance is said to have inspired her first hit 'Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)'.
In 1970 she was the ONLY artist to defy a court injunction banning the Powder Ridge Rock Festival, performing on a hastily cobbled together home-made stage powered by Mr Softee
trucks. She performed to rave reviews at the Strawberry Fields Festival 1970 and the Isle of Wight Festival later that year where she was introduced by Keith Moon and received no less than FOUR standing ovations. She also performed at Glastonbury Festival (1971 & 2011-40th anniversary) & Isle of Wight Festival 2010(40th anniversary). In 2012 Melanie headlined the 15th annual Woody Guthrie Folk Festival along with Arlo Guthrie and Judy Collins. Her sold-out performance at the 2007 Meltdown Festival in London received critical acclaim and once again served to bolster her status as an absolute musical icon.
Need I say any more???? The lady is an absolute legend and I cant think of anyone more capable or suitable to enhance the sublime experience that is Bluesfest...my only question is 'why hasn't she been before?' On the plus side of course, that's something fantastic to look forward to at Bluesfest 2019!!!!!
I sincerely hope you read this Mr Noble and I have given you some food for thought/an amazing artist to contract!:-)
BLUESFEST ROCKS!!!!!