Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Vip lounge Options
ozmade
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2015 9:54:09 AM
Groups: Member

I feel the Vip lounge is a rip off, my Pros & Cons below.
Pros
1) premium beers in the bottle (Little creatures, Fiffty lashes & Bud)
2) limited spirit mixers
Cons
1) very hard to get a seat. (Except for the wet ones outside 1 hr after rain had stopped)
2) catering not open for lunch (2pm still not open)
3) line up for drinks (10min last night)
My wrap up.
If you are thinking of purchasing Vip tix for a Vip experience I feel it is a waste of your hard earned money.
milkmeister
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2015 11:07:06 AM

Queues do seem worse this year I agree. I think 10 dollars a beer is pure profiteering. If I recall it was 8 dollars last year. Be nice if somebody put some hand towels and soap in the so called vip toilets too! It's not that much to ask...
ozmade
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2015 5:03:56 PM

I feel that they have over sold the tickets or given away to many free access passes, there seems to be a lot of them around in there. I'm jealous because $395 is to much for what is on offer in there.
drwildare
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2015 5:13:31 PM

ozmade wrote:
I feel that they have over sold the tickets or given away to many free access passes, there seems to be a lot of them around in there. I'm jealous because $395 is to much for what is on offer in there.

No one forced you to buy a ticket for the VIP lounge and you only started complaining after using it. If you had done your research you would have known what you were buying

The Dr is in the house
ozmade
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2015 9:34:42 AM

Hi Drwildare,

Did you pay for your tickets and if so do you feel they are worth the money?
When I brought the Vip tickets I read the Bluesfest description which I have pasted below. I don't call queuing up for 10 mins for a drink or getting a wet ass sitting on the only seats available the ultimate chill out area, the perfect place to hang out with your friends.
I notice yesterday that the seats had been wiped down after the rain, coincidence or not it's a positive.

Bluesfest Vip lounge description
This special ticket gives you access to the Bluesfest VIP Lounge - enjoy the ambience of the Bluesfest in the VIP Lounge Bar, relax on comfortable lounges, purchase premium drinks straight over the counter and have access to extra restrooms. It's the ultimate chill out area, the perfect place to hang out with your friends and also enjoy the secluded garden area. There will only be a strictly limited number of tickets available to the VIP Area.
drwildare
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2015 9:50:59 AM

No Ozmade I have never spent money on the VIP tent nor used it because I performed my research and I have been a bluesfester for 10 years. I thought about it once but researched it and decided it didn't promise anything I needed.

The Dr is in the house
Maccain09
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2015 10:08:40 AM

I think what Dr is trying to say is that if you checked this forum you might have been more informed. In fairness to the moderator they don't wipe every negative comment if structured politely.

If you checked face book you would have seen "information" like this .
VIP = tops (6000 likes) / everything brilliant (8000 likes) / Rain (0 likes)

At least you were able to get premium beer, none available for the plebs again yesterday but the 5 seeds tent by the crossroads is the bees knees almost got a seat there yesterday - fresh schooners all day long.
maggie6622
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2015 10:17:19 AM

My husband and I have been coming to Bluesfest for several years on five day early bird tickets, and have usually bought VIP tickets. This year we felt that the price was just too high for what you get, and chose not to make a purchase. We have been very happy not having to feel we ought to run to the VIP lounge between sets to "get our money's worth". I think drinks were $8 last year, French champagne was on offer, and then there were paper towels and store bought hand pump soap in the loos. On a historical note, we thought the Diamond tickets were the best "extra" worth the price, and Sunset Club a well-intentioned but poorly executed offer (for which we requested and received a refund). So we are enjoying the festival, and spending much, much less. And we have bought our five day early bird tickets for next year.
bambambam
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 9:48:51 AM

Hi Maggie

Hope you had a great festival...
(remember talking to you last year at groovy soouvy line)

Lots more places to sit down now,
Loving the Juke Joint area, perfect chill down place.
If we didn't camp onsite we would probably VIP as well.

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2016 11:50:37 AM

Maccain09 wrote:
I think what Dr is trying to say is that if you checked this forum you might have been more informed. In fairness to the moderator they don't wipe every negative comment if structured politely.

If you checked face book you would have seen "information" like this .
VIP = tops (6000 likes) / everything brilliant (8000 likes) / Rain (0 likes)

At least you were able to get premium beer, none available for the plebs again yesterday but the 5 seeds tent by the crossroads is the bees knees almost got a seat there yesterday - fresh schooners all day long.

True

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdWjYuwTTrU
"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
usefbcover0000
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 8:17:04 PM

Thank good to see here about festival.

Bollywood CDS