Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Drinks for Diabetics 2018 !! Options
morebeerfordeb0000
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2017 8:09:33 PM
Groups: Member

Hi Blues-Festers :)

Just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts of a few different bevvies for our diabetic partners/friends/fam for 2018?

My partner is a diabetic; and we struggled to even find her a Coke Zero at the Fest 2017.

We paid for VIP tickets, but we couldn't even buy her a spirit mix re no sugar free mixers.

No pre-mixed sugar free booze either. :( Even a sugar free Bourbon with Coke Zero would cater to diabetics.

Even cans of coke zero for mixers is better than nought at the bars.

I'll be sending a copy of this to Bluesfest as well - I was just thinking/hoping the more support the better in case others are thinking or missing of the same :)

I just would have loved her to have a quiet drink enjoying a gig like we all did.

Cheers and Beers (not sugar free for me) Scoobs :)

TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 12:46:25 AM

morebeerfordeb0000 wrote:

Hi Blues-Festers :)Just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts of a few different bevvies for our diabetic partners/friends/fam for 2018?My partner is a diabetic; and we struggled to even find her a Coke Zero at the Fest 2017.We paid for VIP tickets, but we couldn't even buy her a spirit mix re no sugar free mixers.No pre-mixed sugar free booze either. :( Even a sugar free Bourbon with Coke Zero would cater to diabetics.Even cans of coke zero for mixers is better than nought at the bars. I'll be sending a copy of this to Bluesfest as well - I was just thinking/hoping the more support the better in case others are thinking or missing of the same I just would have loved her to have a quiet drink enjoying a gig like we all did.
Cheers and Beers (not sugar free for me) Scoobs :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDtCa8ZgAk4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdWjYuwTTrU
"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
reader57
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:57:39 AM

Water is fine for Diabetics but why should we be forced into Hydration and not Recreation. Alcoholic drinks are mostly loaded with sugars due to the fermentation process but then load them up with standard soft drinks and they become a danger. Even the choice of spirit and soda would be good.