Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Eric Gales Options
bucetti1
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:10:48 AM
Groups: Member

I read with great joy that Eric Gales is locked in for 2018.
I admit that i didn't see him or Melody Angel this bluesfest.
I won't be missing him/them next year.

When they go low-we go high.
rstroud
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:48:26 AM

bucetti1 wrote:
I read with great joy that Eric Gales is locked in for 2018.
I admit that i didn't see him or Melody Angel this bluesfest.
I won't be missing him/them next year.

That's great news. I caught his last set on Sunday. I also saw him guesting firstly with Dumpstaphunk on Thursday and Beth Hart on Saturday. He's sensational. When you combine great musicianship with showmanship, you'tre the bonb !

Rod S
c0kebloke
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 11:19:22 AM

Saw him Thursday @ delta.
Pleased he played that tent for a great set.....Delta is a great tent to see things up close.
I was looking forward to seeing him & wasn't disappointed.

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
littlewillie
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:49:44 PM

Saw him for half an hour on Sunday and could see moments of brilliance, but after telling the audience he was going to put on the best show ever he then proceeded to do the opposite . Left after 30 minutes very disappointed. No doubt about his talent but a very erratic show I thought.
warren54
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 11:16:56 AM

Eric Gales was brilliant at Bluesfest this year, even his appearances with Beth Hart and Dumpstaphunk were phenomenal, great to here he,s locked in for 2018Applause
nocheesegromit
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 12:51:53 PM

Went to see him at Delta on Sunday, as the crowd for Santana was horrendous (different story for another thread), but couldn't stay as it was far too loud. I'm not adverse to loud music, but it was painful. Even looking in the market tents across from the tent it was too loud. As someone who suffers from mild hearing issues I tend to head towards the middle to rear of the smaller tents. I should have had ear plugs, and will have next year, but I don't think it would have made any difference.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 2:16:54 PM

Far too loud for me.I did not last one song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdWjYuwTTrU
"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
BC1987
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 3:16:20 PM

as someone who is visually impaired and values their hearing i wear earplugs during every set and i can tell you they were the difference between staying & leaving during santana among other sets, so always have some packed with you just in case as you never know who will get their hands on the mixing desk for the sound. on another note i caught eric gale's friday night set in the juke joint & was quite impressed by him & am happy to read he is coming back for 2018.
littlewillie
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 7:59:19 PM

I generally take earplugs but this year didn't need them. Either I'm getting deafer or the volume was toned down a bit. Excellent sound quality in all tents this year. Having said that on Sunday Eric Gales was way louder than anything else at the festival I thought, should have had the earplugs for that one. His constant chatter instead of playing eventually forced me out.
InfidelRider
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 8:00:06 PM

nocheesegromit wrote:
Went to see him at Delta on Sunday, as the crowd for Santana was horrendous (different story for another thread), but couldn't stay as it was far too loud. I'm not adverse to loud music, but it was painful. Even looking in the market tents across from the tent it was too loud. As someone who suffers from mild hearing issues I tend to head towards the middle to rear of the smaller tents. I should have had ear plugs, and will have next year, but I don't think it would have made any difference.

I had a similar problem when I saw Nikki Hill in Delta. I remember seeing somebody else and finding that the sound was far better right on the rail than anywhere else in the tent.