Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Sir Rosevelt Options
Marie5
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 8:10:40 AM
Groups: Member

Musically quite good.
Haven't had a chance to check out the lyrics yet but visually I felt like I was in a lap-dancing club at Kings Cross! More like Byron Burlesque Fest than Bluesfest.
As a massive Zac Brown Band fan I hope he doesn't give up his main job.

Paddle faster I hear banjo music ..........
davidabrown
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 9:54:19 AM

Hated it, just not my thing.

You can never have too much Steel Guitar!
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 10:30:47 AM

That would have been me to a tee.
Must have clashed with Roy Ayers.
In 2009 when we had the Theatre Tent,I thought the Sydney burlesque act was absolutely fantastic.
Though not all punters like theatre.
If Woodford can have all types of acts,why not Bluesfest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdWjYuwTTrU
"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
bambambam
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 10:41:07 AM

Saw it from a distance, looked like a rave, the Misses and I laughed out loud and walked on.
I wish them all the best, and like the Ranger says, diversity can make things interesting.

But to be honest its just not my thing either, however, if bluesfest starts a Metal tent then we'd be front and centre.

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 10:52:03 AM

bambambam wrote:
Saw it from a distance, looked like a rave, the Misses and I laughed out loud and walked on.
I wish them all the best, and like the Ranger says, diversity can make things interesting.
But to be honest its just not my thing either, however, if bluesfest starts a Metal tent then we'd be front and centre.

If Bluesfest had a metal tent I would be giving it a wide berth.Nothing subtle about head banging.
My travelling companion's son plays in a metal band.
It would have been great if it could have occupied the last spot for the day,which didn't have anything which I was greatly enthused about.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
nani
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 3:16:01 PM

Thought it was awful. I enjoyed the first song but it was all downhill from there. It didn't feel like there was any subtlety to the music and the use of the dancers felt cheap and tacky. Lap dance club in Kings Cross nails it pretty well. I was really uncomfortable with men covered up in suits ogling women wearing minimal clothing, and the lollipops were gross.

Don't quit the day job comment sums it up pretty well, which makes me sad because I was really keen to see what else Zac Brown was up to.
katelbrooks0000
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 12:38:33 AM

Musically loved it. Lyrically and those dancers, oh my I I have no words, except I ain't never again going to listen or watch such crap and for them to lead into the Doonie Bros, was outstandingly bad programming....
c0kebloke
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 1:52:35 AM

Lap dancers @ bf?
Sounds great!-right up my alley,after all I'm nearly always seated & if I can't see the action on stage=the perfect distraction.

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
waffles
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 8:21:44 AM

sir R had the best sound quality I have heard so far.certainly different for bluesfest but I didn't mind it.
as for the dancers...who remembers femi kuti ? African dancers doing much the same thing.
very nightclubby.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
Brettjack
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 8:46:11 AM

I agree with the general air here. I enjoy the sight of a sexy woman as much as the next man, but when Zac steps back and checks them out it's a bit cringeworthy. I felt it also made the set seem disjointed. The music itself wasn't up my alley either, but when on instruments they were very good. Then just as I'd start enjoying the playing, out would come the grinding girls to distract. The complete opposite of Vintage Trouble's Saturday set, for example. That was the work of craftsmen.

There is no "good" or "bad" music - there is just music.
Live and let live!
nelson7007
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 10:52:53 AM

Didn't see SR as too much else to see and enjoy. Scantily clad ladies at BF are not new though lollipops could be a first. Recall that KC and the sunshine Band had a few dancing girls out the front. Classy back up singers they were not, according to Mrs Nelson.

waffles
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 6:49:57 PM

during the sir r set did I see rag and bone man perform human or did I just imagine it?

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
BC1987
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:06:01 PM

that was zac brown covering human by rag 'n' bone man... if you want the real thing you will need to go to splendour in the grass or one of his splendour sideshows.
littlewillie
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:07:47 PM

waffles wrote:
during the sir r set did I see rag and bone man perform human or did I just imagine it?

A few people around me were looking at each other asking is that rag and bone man. Some were convinced it was. Obviously they've never seen Zac the brown man.
anitrajanewenden0000
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 11:14:38 AM

I'm glad to see some of the comments in this thread. I thought that Sir Rosevelt were musically very skilled, the production qualities of the show were exceptional, BUT...
I hated the show for 2 reasons: the dancing girls were absolutely cringeworthy. Sure they were very good dancers, skilled at what they were doing, but the sight of women grinding their way around a stage full of male musicians and singers is really tasteless (and as someone else has already mentioned - the lollipop video!!!). And the second reason - despite the considerable musical skills of everyone on stage, the actual songs were about the worst drivel and rubbish that pop music has to offer. Real lowest common denominator stuff. If this act were not Zac Brown's alter ego, they never would have been booked for a festival of the calibre of Bluesfest.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 2:01:54 PM

I conclude that a material number of posters were not around in the days of Go Go Girls.
Which was pre the Matrimonial Property Act 1976,and in the days in which if a women left a marriage it was empty handed.
On to Bluesfest 2004 and Peter Noble's most important booking in the history of the festival.
If this legend had performed at Bluesfest 2017,featuring Bikini clad females,butts to the audience with "JB" written in large letters on their bikini bottoms,what would the comments have been ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ4UlwFvix4

phobkirk
Posted: Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:00:59 AM

In a word "embarrassing".