Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Final Line up additions.. Options
paulwbusch0000
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:18:18 AM
Groups: Member

Space5279 wrote:
Isn't it funny about the anguish and disappointment some people have regarding who is going to replace Neil Young and that 'OMG I can't believe they've replaced NY with Jimmy Buffet' kind of thing. Bluesfest is a festival folks, and the headliners are only a small portion of what this magnificent festival offers. Neil Young is one of the all time great rock legends still living. I wonder who people think would have been able to fill his shoes at such short notice? There would not be too many about....perhaps any of the artists that played Desert Trip and that would be about it. Do you think any of them were just waiting around for Peter Noble to give them a call? You can't replace like for like, so you have to diversify and with that, they have brought out an artist who is a legend in his own right, but who for many, will be a first time experience. How good is that?...a chance to have a completely new experience. I'm a Jimmy virgin, but I for one, will be popping that cherry this Easter. Well done BF.

No it is not funny...it is human nature....and I'm not disappointed Buffet is playing...I am disappointed Neil dropped out!
I think everyone should be waiting for Peter to call them.....Byron in April is gorgeous.

And I ain't no Buffet virgin....but I do worry about the drunken parrotheads...who will clean their cages?
bucetti1
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:23:37 AM

I agree with Space 5279.

When they go low-we go high.
bucetti1
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:58:44 AM

Some of us like getting dressed as parrots
We also like to get pissed as parrots.

When they go low-we go high.
zabadooba
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:01:38 AM

Each to their own. Beauty of BF is you have a choice of stages and artists to listen to
bonddm20020000
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:05:00 AM

For the sake of 1 day punters, Bluesfest really needs to communicate whether or not Jimmy is the replacement act for Neil.
Apparently 1 day punters have 7 days to get a refund or swap days once the replacement is announced.
I've seen multiple people pose the question on Facebook.
gertyson0000
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:09:50 AM

Its a question that you wont get an answer to...

I'm interested if Jimmy is here to invest in some weed farms - in a few years act's will have their own weed for sale at the merch tent - Damo Marley has his own Strain Snoop has one Jimmy has patented the name Coral Reefer. Looking forward to when the festival embraces pot again. Imagine the sale of baggies on Good Friday when people are abstaining from the demon drink. Its only a matter of time.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:12:51 AM

bonddm20020000 wrote:
For the sake of 1 day punters, Bluesfest really needs to communicate whether or not Jimmy is the replacement act for Neil.
Apparently 1 day punters have 7 days to get a refund or swap days once the replacement is announced.
I've seen multiple people pose the question on Facebook.

The kiddies on Facebook already have their Headline Act.
Which is also where I will be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znlFu_lemsU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdWjYuwTTrU
"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 12:23:16 PM

gertyson0000 wrote:
I'm interested if Jimmy is here to invest in some weed farms - in a few years act's will have their own weed for sale at the merch tent - Damo Marley has his own Strain Snoop has one Jimmy has patented the name Coral Reefer. Looking forward to when the festival embraces pot again. Imagine the sale of baggies on Good Friday when people are abstaining from the demon drink. Its only a matter of time.

Don't forget that it is not only the dreadlockers who might be interested.
There is also the progressive rockers to consider.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiy5K81qvbg

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
gertyson0000
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 2:37:59 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
gertyson0000 wrote:

That’s easily one of the best songs about the Korean War I’ve ever heard (top 20).

Great find and highly recommended to anyone that feels like going off their medication.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 3:13:14 PM

gertyson0000 wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:
gertyson0000 wrote:

That’s easily one of the best songs about the Korean War I’ve ever heard (top 20).
Great find and highly recommended to anyone that feels like going off their medication.

I am confident that returned comrades Freexone & Harvey Keitel would agree with that comment.

waffles
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:56:42 PM

while I don't usually agree with the 000 comments,ive gotta say there is definitely a future in the weed industry,as Colorado and an astute young lady have shown.
http://eufloracolorado.com/
have a good look at the menu.
and the Colorado state gov. are making a pretty penny as well.Anxious

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
donny20
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2017 5:41:56 AM

Not a Jimmy Buffet fan,won`t be there,but good luck to you if you are.Just want to comment on the depth of this years festival.Been to the last 21 festivals,and have wandered around a bit afternoon wise the last couple ,not much happening.Looked up a lot of acts I didn't know on youtube and pleasantly surprised.Lots of jazzy,funk type bands and lots of my favourite guitar players.Will be there early,looks like a lot of fun.
harveykeitel
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2017 12:07:04 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
gertyson0000 wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:
gertyson0000 wrote:

I am confident that returned comrades Freexone & Harvey Keitel would agree with that comment.

Haha! 100% agree Ranger, after my stint in the Leb. Although I was more of a Arthur Brown/Hawkwind/Pink Fairies (or Pinkwind) fan than Gong
gertyson0000
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2017 12:24:51 PM

crazy talk..

back to reality...

Every year without fail a truly giant artist or a band at the height of their powers/popularity plays BF.

Paul Simon
Robert Plant
Kendrick Lamar (headlining Coachella this year)
Sinead O Connor
REM
Dave Mathews band

and of course:

James Brown
BB King

And the list goes on. These are the type of artists that pack out the Mojo - This indicates that another prominent artist is due to be added to the list for 2016… if not just give us Jack/Michael/Ben/John all have newish albums out and are easy options.
eileenk9
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2017 12:59:04 PM

gertyson0000 wrote:
crazy talk..

back to reality...

Every year without fail a truly giant artist or a band at the height of their powers/popularity plays BF.

Paul Simon
Robert Plant
Kendrick Lamar (headlining Coachella this year)
Sinead O Connor
REM
Dave Mathews band

and of course:

James Brown
BB King

And the list goes on. These are the type of artists that pack out the Mojo - This indicates that another prominent artist is due to be added to the list for 2016… if not just give us Jack/Michael/Ben/John all have newish albums out and are easy options.

You better make that 2017
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2017 10:32:34 AM

harveykeitel wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:
gertyson0000 wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:
gertyson0000 wrote:

Haha! 100% agree Ranger, after my stint in the Leb. Although I was more of a Arthur Brown/Hawkwind/Pink Fairies (or Pinkwind) fan than Gong

So that is why you have overlooked informing me that Daevid Allen passed away nearly two years ago.
Where is your patriotism.
http://www.mojo4music.com/19359/daevid-allen-1938-2015/

texasred
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2017 3:44:30 PM

A call to arms for Sturgill Simpson to be added to BLUESFEST 2017 line-up.
https://youtu.be/O9pCj3amEnE
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2017 6:56:55 PM

harveykeitel wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:

Haha! 100% agree Ranger, Although I was more of an Arthur Brown/Hawkwind fan than Gong

Well if you add Steve Hillage on guitar to Hawkwind,it makes Hawkwind much more interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMkn-ZdnxM

bluesfestadmin
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2017 7:31:47 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi, have been advised that Sturgill passed on touring Australiain 2017.
Of course we will keep trying
Thanks
Admin
andrewaw1230000
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2017 8:41:00 PM

bluesfestadmin wrote:
Hi, have been advised that Sturgill passed on touring Australiain 2017.
Of course we will keep trying
Thanks
Admin

Any word on some reggae and/or hip hop acts to be announced?